UFC just paid the Heavyweight champ 600k to headline a PPV and Dana wonders why Francis is unhappy

All I know is Ngannou betted on himself and it will get rewarded for it.

If you are multi a billion dollar Company than you pay the heavyweight champ more than 600k period.

Equity =/= income

Also, don't fighters get locker room bonuses? Moreover, Ngannou has gotten a lot of fame due to the UFC, which allows him to earn money from sponsors.

I suppose the UFC could pay more, but I do believe there are some sacrifices that need to be made if they want to have an event every week, which is awesome.

Equity =/= income

Also, don't fighters get locker room bonuses? Moreover, Ngannou has gotten a lot of fame due to the UFC, which allows him to earn money from sponsors.

I suppose the UFC could pay more, but I do believe there are some sacrifices that need to be made if they want to have an event every week, which is awesome.
Yeah if they actually allowed fighters to wear their own sponsors they would make much more. But the greedy cunts took crazy amount of money from the fighters by banning sponsors.

Ngannou wouldn’t do shit in boxing, so he’d never command a big payday like those guys. Does MMA need to pay more? Yeah, but it hasn’t been around as long as boxing has and isn’t as big worldwide so it’s understandable why it doesnt.

He just needs one fight to cash in. Just like Conor. He's going to go the Conor route.

1. Have one boxing match. Get paid.
2. Get hopped up on coke and shitty whiskey.
3. Lease a boat.
4. Take a few more MMA fights.
5. Training methods to only include body-building and shit that looks good on Instagram.
6. Doctor stoppage.

Ngannou wouldn’t do shit in boxing, so he’d never command a big payday like those guys. Does MMA need to pay more? Yeah, but it hasn’t been around as long as boxing has and isn’t as big worldwide so it’s understandable why it doesnt.
He doesn't need to do shit though, he only has to be offered one fight and simply show up which would likely double his current income that he's made with 14 fights within the UFC.

LMAO, I'd love to see someone try to defend this. Absolute SCUMBAGS, these UFC cunts.

Major PPV they're charging the public $75 bucks to watch, and they paid out $1,450,000 for the main and co-main events total! They're actually paying a WORLD CHAMPION 200k to co-headline a PPV.

Francis now has the leverage to tell Dana to eat his ass and balls, and Dana will go into his regular spin cycle and paint Ngannou as the bad guy for wanting more money, wanting to box, etc.

Gee, I wonder why Francis would want to box?

"Per the Nevada State Athletic Commission, the contractually-guaranteed purses for Wilder and Fury are both for $5 million. However, as noted by ESPN's Dan Rafael, both men are actually guaranteed more than $25 million, plus a percentage of the pay-per-view receipts."

"Usyk will make a solid payday for this title fight, but Joshua will make the bulk of the money as the champion and bigger name. Total Sportal is reporting Joshua will earn a guaranteed £10 million (approximately $13.7 million) while Usyk will earn a guaranteed £3 million (approximately $4.1 million).

Both fighters are getting a cut of the PPV sales, but it is unclear how much that would entail. Joshua would likely be getting the larger percentage of the PPV after promotion fees are pulled out. Joshua’s last fight against Kubrat Pulev generated between 600,000 and 700,000 PPV buys, per ESPN’s Mike Coppinger. "

I wonder if Gane and Ngannou get to share in a percentage of the PPV sales? loooooool

He'll get 600k upfront, atleast another 500k in PPVs and then sponsor.
Overall looking at 1.1-1.3m.

You act like they're being whipped and forced into competition.
I'll gladly take a mil.

He doesn't need to do shit though, he only has to be offered one fight and simply show up which would likely double his current income that he's made with 14 fights within the UFC.

Yeah and he’d only get that one fight because of his ufc career. If he’d went into boxing from the start he wouldn’t be sniffing anywhere near such a big payday.

I don't know, I thought so as well. If that isn't the case, then it definitely should be!

I don't think it is standard for champs, I could be wrong, but I think it's important to point out that the UFC "PPV points" system is different than boxing.

When Wilder and Fury fought, they shared the PPV revenues 60/40. UFC points (according to documents released in the anti-trust lawsuit) work like, for example, every PPV buy from 200-400k the fighter gets $1 from, 400-600k they get $2 per, etc etc. Guys like Conor probably have larger numbers per sales, but they're still only getting a SMALL, SMALL percentage of the buys.

McNuggett opened the Door for UFC guys losing to Boxers and getting paid.

Way better than what UFC pays......

It’s a beautiful thing to see fighters realize they’re bigger than the promotion. Without the fighters, UFC would be nothing.

He just needs one fight to cash in. Just like Conor. He's going to go the Conor route.

1. Have one boxing match. Get paid.
2. Get hopped up on coke and shitty whiskey.
3. Lease a boat.
4. Take a few more MMA fights.
5. Training methods to only include body-building and shit that looks good on Instagram.
6. Doctor stoppage.

If Ngannou is smart, he would have the one boxing match, get paid millions (win, lose, or draw), and ride off into the sunset. He isn't getting any younger and the UFC is not going to give him a fair shake, no matter how many fighters he knocks out. Dana White is making Don King look like a more lucrative promoter for the fighters.

If they did over 100k buys, which I doubt, there goes all the UFC's profit.

Back