UFC keeps trying to feed Islam short notice fighters

The guy he's fighting beat #13 to "earn" his title shot.

It's beyond embarassing to shill for this nonsense.

How much do you hate MMA? Why do you even watch or care so much to be so negative.

It’s a one way street with you, your favorite fighter Conor, who you praise fought countless short notice bouts and fought number 13 Denis Siver to “earn” his title shot and fighting in Conor’s backyard of Boston. Siver had about 14weeeks from prior bout to Conor, while Poirier has 12 to Makhachev.

If you dislike the bout so much then don’t watch it, or pay to the division. Go pay attention to 170 where your boy is currently fighting.

Islam as champion:

->Ali talks shit through Islams twitter “everyone is ducking me”

->Contenders call him out and want to fight him

->Islam takes time off

->Islam randomly says one day “I’m ready to fight in a month”
This is the issue. He was out for an injury and then ramadan. He gets back into camp, then says he is ready to fight and every contender was booked on this card(which he said no for).
2/3 lose and then they grab Armen backstage and off him a short notice fight. He says no and they give it to Poirer. If Poirer had lost we most likely would had someone outside the top 5 fighting Islam because of his availability and how the UFC booked everyone because they got sick of waiting for him.

It's really frustrating as a fan and I am pretty harsh on Islam, but to be honest I think I might put it back on the UFC now. First short notice Volk and now Armen ending in Poirer.. How dumb can thew UFC be to keep killing their own division.

This is the issue. He was out for an injury and then ramadan. He gets back into camp, then says he is ready to fight and every contender was booked on this card(which he said no for).
2/3 lose and then they grab Armen backstage and off him a short notice fight. He says no and they give it to Poirer. If Poirer had lost we most likely would had someone outside the top 5 fighting Islam because of his availability and how the UFC booked everyone because they got sick of waiting for him.

It's really frustrating as a fan and I am pretty harsh on Islam, but to be honest I think I might put it back on the UFC now. First short notice Volk and now Armen ending in Poirer.. How dumb can thew UFC be to keep killing their own division.
If Poirier lost and Armand denied the fight, then the fight would have been offered to Holloway, who would have taken that bout with Makhachev, without hesitation.

It’s a one way street with you, your favorite fighter Conor, who you praise fought countless short notice bouts
It's wildly fucking different to stay in and fight whoever to save the fight/card than to do shit like specifically choose the guy from a weight class below you, coming off surgery, who you've already beaten and prepared for once, over the officially agreed upon ranked LW backup fighter you've never fought.

Don't pretend you don't know this. And don't pretend like years ago when all this was happening you probably weren't bitching about Conor fighting short notice fighters but have suddenly changed your tune here.
and fought number 13 Denis Siver to “earn” his title shot and fighting in Conor’s backyard of Boston. Siver had about 14weeeks from prior bout to Conor, while Poirier has 12 to Makhachev.
Siver was #10, not #13, but don't let facts get in the way of your narratives.

More importantly, Conor earned his title shot when he beat #4 Poirier. Aldo was injured so Conor fought Siver to stay busy and get on that Boston card. That's risking a title shot, not earning one.

He was also on 5 fight UFC win streak and 13 fight overall win streak. He then also had to beat Mendes to even actually get his title shot on top of that. Once again, risking a title shot, not earning one.

All in all, once again, pretty wildly fucking different than literally just having beaten #13 period after having gotten KTFO by the actual guy Islam should've been fighting instead of sitting on his ass waiting to jump in like this.

I feel like people here hate Islam so much they cling to any controversy like he's only good because of that. They will scrutinize every decision in his career. Whatever I like Islam because he's a final boss, and anyone who beats him will be worthy of being a top champion. We have a short supply of champions who look unbeatable right now.

I feel like people here hate Islam so much they cling to any controversy like he's only good because of that. They will scrutinize every decision in his career. Whatever I like Islam because he's a final boss, and anyone who beats him will be worthy of being a top champion. We have a short supply of champions who look unbeatable right now.
So if Poirier somehow beats Islam he's worthy of being champion despite having lost to the two contenders who should've gotten the title fight instead of having to fight someone else?

So if Poirier somehow beats Islam he's worthy of being champion despite having lost to the two contenders who should've gotten the title fight instead of having to fight someone else?
100%. I mean we'd have to see how he wins, of course he can lose most of the fight and somehow manage a hail mary KO in the 5th and I wouldn't quite call that the same kind of "win". But if he has an uncontroversial win, that is a huge feather in his cap and can't really doubt the guy. I'm just saying to see a contender beat Islam means more than someone beating Strickland as champ in terms of quality. I don't think Dustin deserves the title shot, but will give him props if he gets a clean win over Islam.

Their booking is awful, neither BSD or Poirier deserved a tittle shot after so if you know Islam is not fighting in spring, you book Charles vs Arman at 299 and DP vs BSD at 300, if Justin had won at 300 then he would be next in line for October.

100%. I mean we'd have to see how he wins, of course he can lose most of the fight and somehow manage a hail mary KO in the 5th and I wouldn't quite call that the same kind of "win". But if he has an uncontroversial win, that is a huge feather in his cap and can't really doubt the guy. I'm just saying to see a contender beat Islam means more than someone beating Strickland as champ in terms of quality. I don't think Dustin deserves the title shot, but will give him props if he gets a clean win over Islam.
You won't doubt the guy despite him having lost to the Charles and Justin who should've gotten the title shot earlier this year, and probably loses his very first title defence against Islam, Arman, or Max?

Okay there.

It's shit booking and everybody knows it.

I do take issue with Makhachev only fighting outside of the USA.

IMO it should be a UFC rule that every single UFC champion fight at least once a year in the USA. They can do their 2nd fight of the year elsewhere. This seems to be a big problem for the Muslim fighters especially. Khamzat can't seem to fight in the US either.

You won't doubt the guy despite him having lost to the Charles and Justin who should've gotten the title shot earlier this year, and probably loses his very first title defence against Islam, Arman, or Max?

Okay there.

I agree with you, Arman deserves the title shot and Gaethje should've got the title shot before he lost to Max. I'm just strictly talking about anyone that manages to dethrone Islam should be considered legit. I don't think Dustin can pull it off at all.

If Poirier lost and Armand denied the fight, then the fight would have been offered to Holloway, who would have taken that bout with Makhachev, without hesitation.
So the current number 9 after the rankings came out? That's weak as after we had 2 guys ready to go and made them fight again.

Okay there.

How much clearer can Charles make it that he wants nothing to do with an Islam rematch? He was offered an immediate rematch in Brazil at UFC 283 and turned it down because of "emotional stress", so Islam went to Australia to fight Volk instead, which was the original plan anyway and it would have been Charles if he'd have won, but Islam smoked him so they offered Charles the rematch and just booked the Volk fight when he turned it down. Then Charles agreed to the rematch, Islam said he didn't believe he'd actually show up, and sure enough, 2 weeks out Charles gives himself a paper cut and pulls out of that one too. Both times Islam fought Volk the fight was offered to Charles first, and Arman already lost to Islam too and has turned down several rematches, Dariush pulled out right before their fight, RDA pulled out. How about somebody other than Volk acutally show up to fight him instead of blaming the only one who does show up and says every time he doesn't care who the replacement is?

Yes, The UFC has really ramped up their manipulation tactics to sway fights in a way that benefits the company.

Islam may be super boring & uninteresting to most, but his connections through Khabib make him extremely valuable. Just having Khabib there occasionally to support Islam helps sell tickets, not to mention it keeps Dana close enough to keep trying to sign him.

Khabib was one half of the highest selling PPV in UFC history, he's still being sought after regardless of what Dana and company say publicly. Khabib is a gigantic asset, and history tells us that he will come back to fight again like almost every MMA fighter who retired young.

Was everyone just asleep when Aljo got screwed over?? He fought 5 rounds against Cejudo and had like 4-5 weeks of R&R before he had to get back on the horse and prepare for Sean. If I remember correctly, they announced the fight before Aljo even knew what was going on, he had made it clear he wanted to rest up.

The UFC realized they can sway fights by mentally fatiguing fighters, distracting them, and coercing them to take fights with subpar preparation. They can also give their preferred winner an advantage by divulging to them their opponent months in advance or booking them only in fights where they have a stylistic advantage. The UFC has adjusted fighter rankings right before fights numerous times, to make a fighter look better than they are. Look for Merab to be the next guy to get screwed over at every step as his championship fight seems to be on the horizon.

Hell MMA agents like Ali Abdelaziz are in on it too, he's been outed for working with the UFC behind the scenes. Working in favor of the company, and going against his own fighters best interest. The UFC is a dirty, shady, ruthless company. The UFC wants to control everything. I would not be surprised at all if the UFC is secretly paying numerous MMA managers to help them save money.

We also have to consider situations like the Sam Alvey losing streak, he was 0-7-1 in his last eight UFC fights. We know the UFC will drop you with zero remorse, so how did Sam stay on for so long?? Did his manager have some kind of deal with Dana?? Was Sam providing intel in exchange for more fights?? So Yoel gets cut after arguably beating Izzy over 5 rounds, but your still letting Andre Arlovski fight after numerous major losing streaks? What's the real reason they are quick to screw over certain fighters, is it because their manager or trainers are easier to influence??

Some new information dropped recently about Ali Abdelaziz, but I expect much more to drop in the coming years as more shenanigans will have to take place to create artificial stars who can sell PPV's.

Last edited:
Back