News UFC London Fighters Paid No more than 20k

While the actual pay is obviously linked to performing at an event, try looking at it from the fighters' perspective where that compensation actually needs to cover a LOT more time (and expenses) than what is associated with just 'showing up' on fight night. Most train year-round, full-time, and don't get anything if they get hurt, don't have a fight scheduled, an opponent drops out, etc.

Other pro athletes have guaranteed pay and don't suddenly stop getting paid when they are injured or even if they ride the bench and never see a single minute of action. They still practise, train, do media, and remain available, which is why they are getting paid. Most pro sports also have guaranteed minimum salaries.

The lack of support for fighters around here is borderline disgusting sometimes.

March 21st is my birthday...

Are they paying in halfpennies?

That's 600 per week for 4 months. Actually a pretty decent unemployment supplement for your average person.
Around here alot of the union construction companies are laying most of their guys off because its spring and with the rain days they arent going to get their 40 hours anyway so they are just not working. Take the bonus 600 a week and sit at home.

its a london card so maybe none?

Its around 970 a week, 373 is the normal cap pplus the extra 600. i might be slightly off on the 73

In the US, I believe you still pay taxes if you earn money overseas, at least in the tax cycle.

In CA, the maximum benefit per week is around 450 a week, so I’m assuming an additional 600 will push it to 1050. But you may be right, I’m not 100% about other States.

In the US, I believe you still pay taxes if you earn money overseas, at least in the tax cycle.

In CA, the maximum benefit per week is around 450 a week, so I’m assuming an additional 600 will push it to 1050. But you may be right, I’m not 100% about other States.
you 100% dont pay taxes on money made overseas up to ~105k.
yeah it may very state to state here its about 373... i should know this because my ironworker friends are all bragging about their checks for not working now.

yeah it may very state to state here its about 373... i should know this becasue my ironworker friends are all bragging about their checks for not working now.

Gotcha.

And CA is 1050 a week.

“It appears unemployed workers could receive as much as $1,050 a week when the largest state EDD benefits are combined with the enhanced federal payments.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.me...-amid-economic-meltdown-jobs-layoff-tech/amp/

If they never even flew down there and their camps got cut early that's plenty of money.

Probably more than Bellator is paying. At least they got something, the company itself is probably losing money these months so I'm surprised they paid 20k to each

yeah it may very state to state here its about 373... i should know this because my ironworker friends are all bragging about their checks for not working now.

"
If you are a U.S. citizen or resident alien, the rules for filing income, estate, and gift tax returns and paying estimated tax are generally the same whether you are in the United States or abroad. Your worldwide income is subject to U.S. income tax, regardless of where you reside."

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/taxpayers-living-abroad

I know a few people who were fucked by this and essentially paying taxes for multiple countries.

Most of those guys on the card were not getting paid big anyway. 20k for not having to fight is better than nothing.

It's usually the bigger paid fighters that get screwed because the UFC isn't going pay you anywhere near 200-500k with a cancelled event.

If they never even flew down there and their camps got cut early that's plenty of money.

Why would their camps have been cut early? That event wasn't called off until 5 days before the scheduled date.

More than the $600 the US Government is giving for being unemployed due to Coronavirus...
That's per week, plus the state benefit. In my state that's up to ~$1k/week. I think that a lot will make it on that.

I'm all for fighters getting paid more but $20,000 seems pretty good to me? I mean that's what a lot of fighters get for actually fighting.

Back