UFC made GOAT poll. GSP isn't on it.

Depends on the criteria.

Who had the biggest fights and most memorable moments in UFC?

McGregor.

Who has the biggest impact on the sport?

McGregor.

Who had the greatest peak moments in toppling champions?

McGregor over Aldo is the defining peak moment of all careers in UFC.

First ever double champ.
Brought the sport out of the dark ages.
Made the world recognize MMA.

All Conor, he is definitely arguably the GOAT.
UFC already discussed these criteria on their 30 greatest all time list.

Popularity belongs in the GOAT conversation and McGregor is the most popular bar none. Not even a close second.

People can dispute who has the best fighting skills betwe. Jones, Silva and Fedor, but no one can dispute Mcgregor’s impact as the most impactful.

One can define criteria however one wants, arbitrarily,. When most peolpe debate who is the greatest of all time it is widely accepted that one is asking about skill and accomplishments in the octagon, not popularity. If the UFC includes it on their criteria, fine, but it is an extremely lesser factor than others, or else Ronda and Brock would have to be there.

"Biggest impact on the sport" also depends on how you measure "impact". I could say Royce Gracie and the Gracie family in general had a bigger impact than McGregor overall for the sport, and that Bonnar vs. Griffin was more consequential fight in MMA history, far more than Aldo vs. Conor, even if it wasn't the best selling one. It put MMA on the map after almost going under, and enabled the UFC to acquire Pride and begin the growth to its current point.

To say Conor "brought the UFC out of the dark ages" is ridiculous when you had stars like Lesnar, Ronda before, and were on FOX already. The UFC doubtlessly grew faster and bigger because of Conor, but the dark ages were precisely before the conclusion of TUF began the meteoric rise of MMA, which was well under way despite Conor.

Last edited:
Im not the biggest GSP fan but i was living outta the country on a small Island and buying Pride VHS tapes at the time of GSP vs Hughs and thought that the world hadnt really discovered MMA yet. Anyways came up to visit my GF in Boulder, CO and we went out to local college type nightclub and people were dressed and the place packed for GSP/Hughes (2?). The entire club was geared in on all the monitors and I couldnt believe people had really showed up to watch these fights like this. i mean they're not getting showman like Conor more of just appreciating GSP's Robotron-breakdance style victory dances over the farmer/Wrestler.

I remember bang Ludwig showing up and even though i didnt know of him, i immediately knew he was a fighter and he was greeted by his Boulder Posse. Different times but felt like a big deal at the time.

So, Dana is still holding on to hope of getting Khabib back and keeps him in the "GOAT" talks all the time, unlike any other inactive fighter who immediately gets forgotten. Silly obsession.

So, Dana is still holding on to hope of getting Khabib back and keeps him in the "GOAT" talks all the time, unlike any other inactive fighter who immediately gets forgotten. Silly obsession.

Nah, Khabib is on there because he's the guy who beat McGregor, who is also on there.

Depends on the criteria.

McGregor.

McGregor.

First ever double champ.

Popularity belongs in the GOAT conversation and McGregor is the most popular bar none. Not even a close second.

People can dispute who has the best fighting skills betwe. Jones, Silva and Fedor, but no one can dispute Mcgregor’s impact as the most impactful.
Popularity should only matter if everything else is equal. The greatest fighter of all time should be judged based on actually fighting.

Nah, Khabib is on there because he's the guy who beat McGregor, who is also on there.
I can buy that explanation too.

But I will stay with my view that Dana keeps him as the token retired candidate cause he still misguidedly thinks he can lure Khabib back with Dollar. So unlike other retired pitentials he is not yet completely useless in Dana’s mind.

McGregor did not have the biggest impact on the sport. Most popular does not mean most influential. Do you think Avatar is the most influential movie of all time or something?

McGregor did not bring the sport out of the "dark ages" either. I have no idea what that means. The UFC had already broken onto network TV and larger stations before McGregor was even famous or on the roster. The UFC already had big stars by the time McGregor rose to fame. MMA would be where it is today even if McGregor did not exist.

McGregor is the highest drawing fighter of all time. That isn't the same thing as the GOAT because if it was....then what the hell would be the point of talking about anything else? You can obviously be amazing at a sport and not be popular.

People that only watching UFC or are new fans of the sport really are getting brainwashed by the UFC.

Bitch ass Dana haters are talking about him for some youtube post lollllll
They think Dana is the one posting this shit <36>

McGregor did not have the biggest impact on the sport. Most popular does not mean most influential. Do you think Avatar is the most influential movie of all time or something?

McGregor did not bring the sport out of the "dark ages" either. I have no idea what that means. The UFC had already broken onto network TV and larger stations before McGregor was even famous or on the roster. The UFC already had big stars by the time McGregor rose to fame. MMA would be where it is today even if McGregor did not exist.

McGregor is the highest drawing fighter of all time. That isn't the same thing as the GOAT because if it was....then what the hell would be the point of talking about anything else? You can obviously be amazing at a sport and not be popular.

McGregor is still being called out by champions across multiple weight divisions and it’s been a long time since he stepped foot in the octagon.

His catch phases and gimmicks have been imitated by many in the industry and

It’s 2024 and the champions in the UFC is still gunning for a McGregor fight. It is arguably the only fight more sought after than a championship belt.

His catch phases and gimmicks are widely imitated by fighters in the industry today. He is the reason two-division titles are a major thing in the sport.

He is the reason that Francis fought Fury. He is the reason Anderson Silva boxed Jake Paul.

Did Avatar create an era of film making constantly being paid homage by other movies?

McGregor if anything is closer to the superhero franchise in movies, the entire franchise.

Depends on the criteria.

McGregor.

McGregor.

First ever double champ.

You sure do love sparkles.

I think its just a troll post to rile up people to argue in the comments and get some activity going. I can already see Kebab and Conor fans going to war under the poll, with what remains crying about Jones not being the goat due to being a "PED cheat"

Back