Media UFC now forcing British fans to pay PPV fee to watch certain events on BT Sport

This is bullshit, the americans should be funding the ufc so we can watch for free.

Can anyone Dm me one of those things where you can watch things or how to get those things To work because I’m a dinosaur with tech but I don’t miss Masvidal Vs Askren but I have no money I’m poor

Yo

I cancelled my whole virgin media package today, made me wait 25mins before picking up phone, can get better deals elsewhere. I only purchased BT sports because of the UFC but im not paying PPV on top of that as i dont watch them live anyway.

I cancelled my whole virgin media package today, made me wait 25mins before picking up phone, can get better deals elsewhere. I only purchased BT sports because of the UFC but im not paying PPV on top of that as i dont watch them live anyway.

The PPV thing does them no favours, it seems like it's backfiring on them in the UK because the UK fans won't buy into it.

They only get away with this box office/PPV thing cause fans buy into it and believe them that it's justified and all that crap.

Truth is, the whole PPV idea was created as a way to rinse fans and it's surprising fans have bought into it for so long to be honest.

Tough shit. You butter tooth Brits have been freeloading long enough. Time to stop being cheap asses & pay like the rest of us

You fuckers crying because now you have to pay 1/3 of the price we pay?
<JonesDXSuckIt>

Off topic, but i just called my Sat Tv provider and got my bill down from $135/mo to $68/mo and the only channel i lost that i watched was Science channel, and that was just background noise when im ready for bed . Kinda liking this ESPN deal now because i still get ESPN and ESPN 2 with this package. And ESPN + only cost me $50/yr. Of course for ppv i will have to use my iptv mag but damn, i saved myself almost $60 a month.

This is the thing, Americans have been having to deal with this for so long and to be fair, it's not right.

Like the two responses above, instead of being angry and throwing out "Good it's about time you Brits paid too" (which I understand as why should the US pay so much and not everyone else) BUT what you need to realise is the Brits standing up to this so much could be a good thing for the US because to be honest this whole PPV thing has been ripping off fans for so long and it really needs to stop!!

I can understand Americans frustrations if Brits have been rubbing it in their face (I don't know but I can imagine some have) but maybe this is something the US fans should do also instead because they are only doing this because we let them.

Let's just say (in theory) this refusal in the UK results in them scrapping PPV. The US should then follow suit and do the same cause honestly, none of you guys should be getting rinsed like this!

They've got us where they want us when they see us arguing and fans defending it as it's what they want.

This UK thing could be a good thing and I hope it (eventually) makes a change.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

The maincards START at 3am here and can easily run till after 6am plus people are already paying for BT Sport packages.

If the cards started during the day, sure people would pay but they don't.

Also £20 = $26. It's closer to half than a third. $20 is equivalent to 75% of £20.

This is the thing, Americans have been having to deal with this for so long and to be fair, it's not right.

Like the two responses above, instead of being angry and throwing out "Good it's about time you Brits paid too" (which I understand as why should the US pay so much and not everyone else) BUT what you need to realise is the Brits standing up to this so much could be a good thing for the US because to be honest this whole PPV thing has been ripping off fans for so long and it really needs to stop!!

I can understand Americans frustrations if Brits have been rubbing it in their face (I don't know but I can imagine some have) but maybe this is something the US fans should do also instead because they are only doing this because we let them.

Let's just say (in theory) this refusal in the UK results in them scrapping PPV. The US should then follow suit and do the same cause honestly, none of you guys should be getting rinsed like this!

They've got us where they want us when they see us arguing and fans defending it as it's what they want.

This UK thing could be a good thing and I hope it (eventually) makes a change.
Even if it flops in the UK , 6 months ago i would have said, it probably won't affect US PPV. But with this ESPN+ PPV online streaming only is going to hurt them big time as far as sales go. Sure they are still going to get those hardcore sheeple US fans that would probably pay a weeks paycheck if it ever came down to it. But they are losing a lot of casual fans that throw parties at their house and will order it because it was simple through your cable tv provider, but now that they are making people jump through hoops, they are losing a lot of casual fans.

And btw, yes UK fans always rubbed it in our face they got every UFC event for one low monthly price, and pretty much would say shit like if we can't afford to buy the PPV we shouldn't watch and only true mma fans support the UFC and buy the PPV's blablabla, yadayadayada.

Even if it flops in the UK , 6 months ago i would have said, it probably won't affect US PPV. But with this ESPN+ PPV online streaming only is going to hurt them big time as far as sales go. Sure they are still going to get those hardcore sheeple US fans that would probably pay a weeks paycheck if it ever came down to it. But they are losing a lot of casual fans that throw parties at their house and will order it because it was simple through your cable tv provider, but now that they are making people jump through hoops, they are losing a lot of casual fans.

And btw, yes UK fans always rubbed it in our face they got every UFC event for one low monthly price, and pretty much would say shit like if we can't afford to buy the PPV we shouldn't watch and only true mma fans support the UFC and buy the PPV's blablabla, yadayadayada.

Yeah, I completely understand US fans feeling like "Good, it's about time" in regards to things if UK fans did that, I would feel the same if the roles were reversed.

Thing is, I would honestly genuinely say what I'm saying now in regards to how it's not fair the US fans have been taken the piss out of with all this PPV thing they decided to bring in because they have and for too long, however this is what I mean in regards to all this that instead of the whole attitude mentioned above (which I agree with and can understand) but change that and take a leaf out of the UK's book and stand up to it because honestly, there is no way in this world you should be taken advantage of, specially since a lot of the sports come from the US also however NO fans should be taken advantage of their passion, love and loyalty to companies, which really is what this PPV idea has been about from day one.

They're just trying to push their luck and they've got away with it because people have bought into it and then excused it which is even worse, they've got us exactly where they want us.

This is why I say we really should forget the back and forth between us (right or wrong, we just need to forget that) and put our energies into stopping this shit happening to us anymore, things aren't gonna change if we have the attitude of "We pay so you should have to", NONE of us should be taken advantage of and while we're too busy putting that energy into each other, they're just sitting back and laughing while getting rich.

Vince McMahon did it best with his WWE Network, he knew it would piss the PPV model off but he didn't care cause they've been doing that to fans for years.

It's probably been happening to you guys for so long you've kinda got used to it and think it's the norm but really, it's not.

What did they do before the PPV model idea came in? They were doing alright then so it's a load of bullshit.

The PPV model was created to rinse fans because they know fans will cave and get desperate (like what you mentioned about the weeks wage thing).

They've just taken the piss and taken advantage for too long, it's not like fans don't support them because they do but it's getting too much and they're getting too greedy.

It's about time we took a stand together and stopped it rather than continuously going back and forth with each other cause that ain't gonna change nothing (again, I understand 100% how you'd feel if British fans were boasting and saying that so the comments are valid).

It's actually a good thing it's happened in the UK to be honest cause if we take a stand and you guys do too, things might eventually change.

Feels like more complained about the PPV but still failed to sign the petition, reads 906 votes so far.

Lets hope BT just sees this makes no sense come this weekend when they look at the numbers.

Otherwise its just this

This is will likely bury the UFC within the UK. The sports support has been getting thinner and thinner, gyms closing all over the shop. I luckily stumbled across MMA by chance years ago, Hughes vs Gracie was showing and I was instantly hooked, having this new PPV model has killed the chance of that happening for young people.

On the one hand as an American I LOL.

But the truth is anytime you start charging for something that previously you didn't charge for, youre basically only going to make your fanbase mad. Ask YouTube.

You can't offer something for free and then suddenly start charging for it. This isn't crack it's just a sport and people will stop watching.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

When BT retained the rights they stated that ALL events would be shown on bt sports. On this basis people took out new 12 months contracts at anything up to £40 a month. It’s pretty shitty of BT to then move the goalposts and start charging extra for something they promised would be included in a subscription charge.

Feels like more complained about the PPV but still failed to sign the petition, reads 906 votes so far.

Lets hope BT just sees this makes no sense come this weekend when they look at the numbers.

Otherwise its just this

I know, there's this one here which is more for the fans WORLDWIDE which seems to be getting missed, there's no deadline on this so the sooner this picks up the better: https://www.change.org/p/bt-sport-the-ppv-model-needs-so-stop-taking-advantage-of-fans

The one above benefits fans in the UK, US and anywhere really where the PPV model is in play, which really is what should be stopped for everyone now which the UK have took a stand to where as the other one is towards BT Sport specifically for UFC 239.

It just needs to be picked up on and supported otherwise this whole thing is never gonna change!

We have a choice, we either stand up against it because this has been screwing over the US fans for too long now and now they're trying it in other demographics simply because they've seen they've got away with it in the US so they're trying it here now although they've been hit with a ton of backlash as most Brits are refusing to take this shit.

On the one hand as an American I LOL.

But the truth is anytime you start charging for something that previously you didn't charge for, youre basically only going to make your fanbase mad. Ask YouTube.

You can't offer something for free and then suddenly start charging for it. This isn't crack it's just a sport and people will stop watching.

You're right and to be honest, I'm surprised you've taken it for so long but to be honest, it's about time they stopped rinsing you guys to the extent they do too.

TV companies don't need to do this, they do it because they got away with it. I mean, they were perfectly fine before someone came up with this PPV idea and they get a ton of money from advertisers and sponsors also, the more viewers they have the more they pay but when PPV eliminates them too not just by amount of people watching but by not having them anyway, who do you think are making up for that loss too?

Fans do invest and support these TV companies and the companies they love (IE UFC, WWE etc..) so it's not like fans don't want to pay and support but there's a difference between supporting them and being taken advantage of simply because they are loyal and have a love and passion for something which is what they're doing and that's why they get away with it because fans will cave.

But the UK (so far) aren't doing so and it's affecting them.

This is what I mean about how it's about time we all stuck together and finally put a stop to it cause no fans have ever been happy with this to be honest, look at what Vince McMahon did with his WWE Network which he knew was going to piss the PPV model off and rightly so!

It's about time they stopped getting away with so much greed cause that's what it is when push comes to shove.

When BT retained the rights they stated that ALL events would be shown on bt sports. On this basis people took out new 12 months contracts at anything up to £40 a month. It’s pretty shitty of BT to then move the goalposts and start charging extra for something they promised would be included in a subscription charge.

Yeah this is true, and they've tried to stop people getting out of their contracts too but it's not worked as loads have managed to cancel (I've seen screen grabs of this on Twitter).

The whole PPV thing has been a joke since day one, it should be reserved for bars and public places only, not for regular fans and the general public.

This is will likely bury the UFC within the UK. The sports support has been getting thinner and thinner, gyms closing all over the shop. I luckily stumbled across MMA by chance years ago, Hughes vs Gracie was showing and I was instantly hooked, having this new PPV model has killed the chance of that happening for young people.

Yep, and for what? all for their own greed.

That's what it is, there's no excuse, it was designed for this.

This here seriously needs to pick up: https://www.change.org/p/bt-sport-the-ppv-model-needs-so-stop-taking-advantage-of-fans

Otherwise its just this

Even if they get a few hundred ordering it, it would all be profit for them. Is the sport that big in UK? Unless its conor im not sure a lot are interested in it.

Back