Media UFC now forcing British fans to pay PPV fee to watch certain events on BT Sport

Agreed. I’ve been waiting for this forever. I won’t hold my breath on it thought !

Well the thing is making a stand does make a difference (See my last post on page 26 and the follow up on page 27), it's only when people don't support cause they say it won't that it doesn't, if that makes sense lol

It could be a slow burner too but eventually it will, as mentioned in the previous posts I mentioned above :)

Well the thing is making a stand does make a difference (See my last post on page 26 and the follow up on page 27), it's only when people don't support cause they say it won't that it doesn't, if that makes sense lol

It could be a slow burner too but eventually it will, as mentioned in the previous posts I mentioned above :)
I haven’t bought a ppv in 10 :D. Be reassured I’m doing my part.

I haven’t bought a ppv in 10 :D. Be reassured I’m doing my part.

Haha, yeah. I love the US and think they're awesome in my opinion as they do always stand up for things and what they believe in however in this scenario they probably should take a leaf out of the UK's book because after the call I got yesterday from them wanting to speak to me, they spent 50 mins on the phone and this backlash and refusal has really stung them hence the changes but the problem is the US are obviously buying into it too much and this is why they're doing it. The PPV model cannot work if people don't buy into it and here in the UK they've been losing tons of subscribers along with refusals of PPV buys (see @btsportufc replies for example how huge it is) and it's worked.

It's still yet to be seen how as he couldn't discuss this with me specifically but when they called me asking for feedback he was saying to me that they've got some changes in August that's he's confident is going to please the UFC fans because they've lost so much due to this which he admitted to me on the phone also (something about their subscriber rate dropping from 50 to 11, targets aren't being hit and cancellations are going through the roof) but the thing is instead of taking a leaf out of our books and knocking us for it (which I understand completely, specially as I know some Brits have been boasting about not having the PPV model, I'd feel the same if I was in the US) but maybe we should drop that and see that honestly, we should all take a stand in regards to this PPV model because not only is it outdated but it's also from day one been a thing to rip fans simply due to their passion and love for the sports that they know many will cave and that's what they take advantage of.

It should be reserved for pubs and bars only not people at home paying premium rates on top of already paying subscriptions, buying tickets, merchandise etc.. fan pay enough and support the TV companies and products a lot too, it's taking advantage.

They were perfectly alright before the PPV idea came in so we know that they've just seen this opportunity of putting events on a Box Office channel rather than normally (as they used to) and it's worked and brought them in thousands on top of the thousands they already have and it needs to stop for all.

It can and will eventually change but it might be a slow burner, we also pay for lack of revenue they lose from sponsorship's being minimal on Box Office too as there's none of that there and they would pay less anyway because viewing figures aren't as high as when they are on the already paid for regular channels.

I understand the US being pissed off over it for so long as I would be too, however if we make changes in the UK with it, I'd really love you guys to also because honestly, you've put up with it for way too long in my opinion and it's about time that you guys stopped being rinsed like this too.

They're not short of money and they have other ways they can make income too (as mentioned above), they don't need to do this to the fans, they do it because they can and they buy into it, then argue with each other saying "Good" when others have to pay instead of admiring the fact they made a stand and made the changes which is really what we should all do cause that's the only way things will change :)

Haha, yeah. I love the US and think they're awesome in my opinion as they do always stand up for things and what they believe in however in this scenario they probably should take a leaf out of the UK's book because after the call I got yesterday from them wanting to speak to me, they spent 50 mins on the phone and this backlash and refusal has really stung them hence the changes but the problem is the US are obviously buying into it too much and this is why they're doing it. The PPV model cannot work if people don't buy into it and here in the UK they've been losing tons of subscribers along with refusals of PPV buys (see @btsportufc replies for example how huge it is) and it's worked.

It's still yet to be seen how as he couldn't discuss this with me specifically but when they called me asking for feedback he was saying to me that they've got some changes in August that's he's confident is going to please the UFC fans because they've lost so much due to this which he admitted to me on the phone also (something about their subscriber rate dropping from 50 to 11, targets aren't being hit and cancellations are going through the roof) but the thing is instead of taking a leaf out of our books and knocking us for it (which I understand completely, specially as I know some Brits have been boasting about not having the PPV model, I'd feel the same if I was in the US) but maybe we should drop that and see that honestly, we should all take a stand in regards to this PPV model because not only is it outdated but it's also from day one been a thing to rip fans simply due to their passion and love for the sports that they know many will cave and that's what they take advantage of.

It should be reserved for pubs and bars only not people at home paying premium rates on top of already paying subscriptions, buying tickets, merchandise etc.. fan pay enough and support the TV companies and products a lot too, it's taking advantage.

They were perfectly alright before the PPV idea came in so we know that they've just seen this opportunity of putting events on a Box Office channel rather than normally (as they used to) and it's worked and brought them in thousands on top of the thousands they already have and it needs to stop for all.

It can and will eventually change but it might be a slow burner, we also pay for lack of revenue they lose from sponsorship's being minimal on Box Office too as there's none of that there and they would pay less anyway because viewing figures aren't as high as when they are on the already paid for regular channels.

I understand the US being pissed off over it for so long as I would be too, however if we make changes in the UK with it, I'd really love you guys to also because honestly, you've put up with it for way too long in my opinion and it's about time that you guys stopped being rinsed like this too.

They're not short of money and they have other ways they can make income too (as mentioned above), they don't need to do this to the fans, they do it because they can and they buy into it, then argue with each other saying "Good" when others have to pay instead of admiring the fact they made a stand and made the changes which is really what we should all do cause that's the only way things will change :)
I totally agree with you. Problem is Americans don’t stick together as much as brits.

I just read that BT sport have got the rights to WWE. Every big event like WM will be on PPV. BT sport really want that extra cash.

I totally agree with you. Problem is Americans don’t stick together as much as brits.

I really hope you do, this is why I say maybe if this happens for the UK, slowly but surely, the US might see this also and instead of them being ripped off see that when you do stick together it does and will eventually work.

It's the same how the PPV thing they've seen work in the US and then tried to do it to the UK thinking it would work here but they've had a backlash and it hasn't.

Don't get me wrong, I still expect that come tonight they'll get however many buys however long term it's done them massive damage. He told me also they were getting loads of subscribers all the time to BT Sport simply because of their UFC coverage and then they've tried this and it's gone opposite for them, they're losing loads (and I mean loads).

I really hope you guys can also do the same cause it's not fair that you have had this for so long either.

I just read that BT sport have got the rights to WWE. Every big event like WM will be on PPV. BT sport really want that extra cash.

Yeah haha, but Vince McMahon did it right with his WWE Network. He knew this would hurt and piss off the Box Office thing and rightly so, because it's greed and he did this for the fans who now can get the WWE content affordable plus a load of other stuff live without paying stupid ridiculous prices.

WWE coming to BT Sport will be good and work for the weekly shows but I doubt the PPV thing will be much profit because the WWE Network is there with them live also, cheaper with more content.

The UFC would be good doing this also, just make sure it's available on all platforms like Vince has with his WWE such as gaming consoles, smart TV's etc.. too.

Forget this whole PPV model because it's ripping off the fans and has been since day one, Vince has done well with his network as it's amazing for those fans. It's better when they go independent rather than relying on these TV networks (which at least Vince has been fair to them by allowing them to have the weekly exclusive shows).

Looks like they've admitted it to someone else, not to the extent of the call I got from them asking for my feedback but still (see my last post on page 26 and follow up on page 27 for info on this).

Thought I'd share this anyway.

Screenshot_20190706-202129.jpg

Honestly, making a stand does make a difference and is the only way things change (as we've shown here in the UK).

Sign this so it can change for the US too: https://www.change.org/p/bt-sport-the-ppv-model-needs-so-stop-taking-advantage-of-fans

Edit - Adding quotes.

--------------------------------------------

Wow, I've just had a guy from BT call me on the phone for about 50 mins asking for my feedback in regards to all this and there's been so much he mentioned to me.

Obviously, as he said to me on the phone there's a lot he can't discuss in regards to their plans and things but they have been stung by this backlash a lot (he mentioned something about how they were getting 50 plus subscribers within a certain time frame and this has dropped to 11). He also mentioned how they've lost so many subscribers which BT are trying to pull back but the best thing was he said that there's something in August that's "apparently" going to make every one happy in regards to this UFC and BT thing (in other words they've got some changes they've had to make).

I said to him also how I hope that they do because BT have been fantastic in regards to the UFC and it's growth in the UK and they've just spoiled themselves and it's just disappointing more than anything, BT were so good and they've just gone and done the opposite in regards to what they were doing before which he also mentioned how they were getting a lot of subscribers (as mentioned above) due to how the UFC was on there and it's gone the opposite way for them (probably why they're making these calls to certain customers who have reached out to them). Of course there may be people who still buy this event on the night but from the sounds of it, they've really been stung and taken a big hit from this going by the phone call I've just had (they rang me too!).

So let's see, it really is one of those I'll believe it when I see it kinda thing but he did sound very adamant about it and although he can't disclose exactly what it is, he said it's going to make UFC fans very happy.

I just thought I'd update you guys but it goes to show, take a stand up to things as a whole and these companies will change and this really is something ALL countries should do.

I have no idea what this is as I'm just going by the phone call I've just had for the past 50 mins but lets just see what happens in August as he did call me to get my feedback and he said it's going to be very pleasing for the UFC fans which I guess remains to be seen (I guess they're doing the rounds at the moment calling a few people they've seen and had feedback from).

Just thought I'd let you guys know but let's see.

PS For the record, I do feel BT Sport are absolutely fantastic and have done an amazing job with the UFC up until now. It's just a shame they've let themselves down with this and I do hope they can rectify this as I do feel the fans will forgive them, but it all depends on what they do after this so let's see.

I said that to them, I pretty much told them it was just disappointing and working so well before, I mentioned the term "Whats not broken don't try fix it" and I just went on to say how it's disheartening and how everyone loved BT Sport before because lets be honest, they have done a fantastic job with the UFC before this and they have been pivotal in helping the sport grow here which most fans appreciate but they shouldn't take advantage of that as fans pay enough (I also mentioned about the lack of advertisers they have on PPV which fans obviously make up for).

I also mentioned how fans have felt mislead and pretty much lied to during the time of these re-contracts they had with customers after the Eleven Sports deal (thankfully) fell through, I pretty much covered everything and told them this all from the various vibes out there.

In regards to the analysis shows, I personally love them and I did mention that too how I love all that as part of their content, they present a really good package (despite this PPV thing). They're good to be there for those who enjoy them (I love UFC Now) and also the shows such as Greatest Fights too (did you see the one with Cub Swanson and Doo Ho Choi) are so well put together with the fighters talking between it however of course the live shows and events are the pinnacle and they were doing a fantastic job with this up until this. I mentioned how they've let themselves down not just the fans.

I do believe they can rebuild that and it's a shame it's had to go to this for them to do so but again, see what they do present in August as we still don't know what that will be (he just stressed to me how this will be very pleasing). They're losing loads, they're not hitting their targets and even though this PPV still has time for buys, it's clear the amount of cancellations has really hit them as he told me how they're trying to rectify this now but again, what they say and what they do are two different things so I want to wait and see what this is in regards to what they're going to do.

I guess there will be some people who won't go back and you can't blame those people either (like yourself), I guess that's just the backlash of this what they pulled in the first place.

I do wonder if anyone else has had calls from them like this. I've been well in touch with them for a long time stressing things over this Box Office (it's not even available on all the BT Sports platforms) and they are fully aware of my feelings on this from various places which I guess is why they contacted me for the feedback (he literally spent 50 minutes on the phone with me) and I completely stressed how upset the UK fans are to the point where I said "I know you've had some pretty nasty tweets and comments which are uncalled for but you've got to understand it's just passion and fans venting and you've upset these fans a lot with this situation, most of it's not even personal" which he understood but if they do the right thing and rectify this they have a good chance of pulling everything back cause no company is too big to fall (which I also mentioned and he agree'd with).

He said what they have in August fans are going to love and be really happy about but I'm still a little sceptical on that in regards to I want to see what they do and he was referring to first but if they don't please fans here with this then they really are going to shoot themselves in the foot (which they've already done) so I guess as I say, we'll just have to see but that's the call I had from them recently which I was quite surprised about.

By the way @Dead Spirit of MMA, I understand your feelings on this and I don't disagree with you but I do feel that if they do manage to rectify this and come up with something as they mentioned then we should give them another chance. Of course, I understand if people don't want to but everyone makes mistakes and previous to this, they have been really good to be fair, they've just spoiled themselves and have (at the moment) lost a lot of respect from their customers and the fans.

I mentioned this to them also, he seemed to really listen to me and I really went in in depth with them fairly but honestly, he also mentioned how the call was being recorded so maybe they'll listen back, I dunno but it was a really good conversation and they did seem to really want my feedback on this as I have put a lot out there and to them too and they know, hence why they came to me because they are struggling right now with keeping losing everyone (how damaging this is long term I have no idea but I was surprised I got the call).

I mentioned how I appreciated him calling me for the feedback because I have felt strongly about this not just for myself but for others too and it's about time that things changed, not just in the UK but everywhere as the people in the US also shouldn't have to be dealing with this the way they have all this time.

Looks like they've admitted it to someone else, not to the extent of the call I got from them asking for my feedback but still (see my last post on page 26 and follow up on page 27 for info on this).

Thought I'd share this anyway.

View attachment 611407

Honestly, making a stand does make a difference and is the only way things change (as we've shown here in the UK).

Sign this so it can change for the US too: https://www.change.org/p/bt-sport-the-ppv-model-needs-so-stop-taking-advantage-of-fans

Edit - Adding quotes.

--------------------------------------------

First off thank you for taking the time to stand up to BT and speak to them on the phone and detail it all out, takes energy and time ! one thing is for sure I won't be paying for this PPV and I have advised the small other mma communities that I am involved in to also not purchase it from btsports too.

Virgin media have announced price hikes here:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/n...prices-for-broadband--tv-and-phone-customers/

And it maybe going up by £54 per year, brits barely get any premium channels as it is and have to pay £70-£80 alone for a basic tv, phone and broadband pack and now more Virgin media price increases so BTsports charging for PPV is like salt to an already open wound.

I really do hope BT sports are genuine, realize this is not right for the UK or BTsports and work on damage control and get their lost customers back.

You guys realise you dont have to watch it live right? Too bad there's not some kind of technology allowing you to record it

You guys realise you dont have to watch it live right? Too bad there's not some kind of technology allowing you to record it

I think we are at least 70 years away from that kind of technology, sadly i won't see it in my lifetime.

First off thank you for taking the time to stand up to BT and speak to them on the phone and detail it all out, takes energy and time ! one thing is for sure I won't be paying for this PPV and I have advised the small other mma communities that I am involved in to also not purchase it from btsports too.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/n...prices-for-broadband--tv-and-phone-customers/

And it maybe going up by £54 per year, brits barely get any premium channels as it is and have to pay £70-£80 alone for a basic tv, phone and broadband pack and now more Virgin media price increases so BTsports charging for PPV is like salt to an already open wound.

I really do hope BT sports are genuine, realize this is not right for the UK or BTsports and work on damage control and get their lost customers back.

You're welcome, they seemed to listen to me and they phoned me because they wanted to get my feedback (they obviously know from my online presence as well as all the conversations and contact I've had with them since around August last year I've been pushing this). I've also pushed the fact how it's wrong too that even though the PPV model we don't agree with, some platforms don't even have the Box Office channel access so how can they leave some of their BT Sport subscribers out and take it away from them completely, but they have.

Virgin Media I had a lot of hassle with, I was with them for a few years and they were great up until I noticed they kept putting my bills up a couple of quid every few months and then all of a sudden they banged an extra tenner a month on without my agreement and by that point I was like "Nah". They were very cheeky too but long story short I ended up having to take them through CISAS which of course I won the case and they dropped everything, let me go (even though I wasn't in any contract but they tried to make out I was, one min saying I agreed over phone then the next by email it's like make your mind up lol). I didn't anyway but yeah, they're terrible. Plusnet are actually really good!!

As explained in my post there with the conversation, he mentioned so much to me and the only thing he couldn't do is disclose exactly what it was that the plans in August were and to look out for them but he did assure me that it would make the UFC fans very happy so lets see but my point is, we've made a change so it goes to show that if we do stick by something that we can do this and do what's right too cause it's not like we don't want to support these companies but there's a difference between supporting them and being completely ripped off, which is what this Box Office thing is completely doing.

We'll get there, just gotta keep going and BT have been stung by this big time. Again, I hope the US can take a stand too and make some changes at their side cause it's wrong they've had to put up with it for so long also.

hoy shit so let me see if I understand this, you 70-80£ a month for phone, cable AND internet? With free UFC PPV!!! that's a Damn steal man!

hoy shit so let me see if I understand this, you 70-80£ a month for phone, cable AND internet? With free UFC PPV!!! that's a Damn steal man!

You can't make that statement without comparing other major economic variables from each country. Very naive.

Saw the whole event in 1080p quality without spending extra

Eat a dick, BT

Internet is undefeated

#AndStill

That price does not include BTsports, If it did have it I wouldn't complain naturally that would be a bargain.

£70-80 is going rates for a the standard tv, phone, broadband package but only basic channels no btsports, sky movie channels or premium sports or movies channels just re-runs of the mummy returns and superman 1 every week.

Also prices are going up and have been every 6-10 months and now about to have their biggest increase yet max up to £54 extra. This fee does not also take into considering the BBC TV license all brits have to pay £150 per year also.

That price does not include BTsports, If it did have it I wouldn't complain naturally that would be a bargain.

£70-80 is going rates for a the standard tv, phone, broadband package but only basic channels no btsports, sky movie channels or premium sports or movies channels just re-runs of the mummy returns and superman 1 every week.

Also prices are going up and have been every 6-10 months and now about to have their biggest increase yet max up to £54 extra. This fee does not also take into considering the BBC TV license all brits have to pay £150 per year also.
Ouch. That's rough. A tv license is bullshit! Sounds like nobody has it good

I hope this thing their on about in August is good. Better be (in the words Micheal chiesa) after bt tried to check all UK fan's oil.

Back