PBP UFC on ESPN 14: Whittaker vs. Till - PBP Discussion: 5:00 pm ET/2:00 pm PT

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
seriously. no clue what they were seeing. Till landed some decent shots, but Whittaker was clearly Out landing and mixing things up.

Round 1 clear Till
Round 2 clear Rob
Round 3 very close
Round 4 very close
Round 5 Rob but Till landed a nice elbow.

Acting like 48-47 Till is a bad score is simply not scoring RBR. I wanted Rob to win but I had it 48-47 Till. Of course no robbery though.

So the "knockdown" in the 2nd round wasn't even good enough to get on Robs highlight package.. probably not a real knockdown then.

Not a great fight, not a bad fight either. It was alright, Whittaker pot shotted a lot and Till slipped the punches easily, but never followed up with anything. Not a lot of urgency and very little volume. Whittaker missed a lot, but he was more aggressive and had good success with low kicks and the jab when he actually used them.

I’m not sure what Till’s problem is. He showed great defense, but his volume was poor at best. You can’t be dodging without giving anything in return. Your opponent will still be winning by default. It’s not a staring contest.

Till hurt Whittaker in 3 rounds where he didn't get hurt himself.

He should have won.

Am I wrong?

Stay mad nerd

Clear win for Bobby Knuckles.

1450604221071s.jpg

Close fight. Props to both.

I just think Till dudn't make enough in-fight adjustments and fell behind in volume. He had big moments in rd 1, 4, 5 but none to conclusively clinch those rounds except for rd1.

needs to fight with more urgency. He’s got the skill but doesn’t asset himself enough to follow up when he lands something big.

Not Whittaker’s best performance but he earned the win and beat a tough guy in Till.

Went up IMO
He wanted Bobby to dive in and counter than failed to adapt when Knuckles did. Is he skilled. Yes. Maybe I will pull it back technically Till will be an issue for anyone who will strike with him. His ground game is still not above average. Knuckles chin is still there he did get caught a few times by Till clean.

Just so much talk about how his striking is on another level. And then he fails to adapt.

Correct outcome.

Pretty evenly matched although Till was a bit too inactive imo.

Hope people realize now that neither is Till a bum nor that Robert is shot or only wins against non-strikers.

Back