PBP UFC on ESPN 44: Holloway vs. Allen - Official PBP Discussion: Sat. 4/15, 5:30pm ET/2:30pm PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All bonuses are:
Robertson - potn
Barboza - potn
Royval - potn
Algeo vs Brown - fotn
and the Bald Father even gave Herman and Cummings 50K each retirement bonus..
Where did you learn about the bonuses for Ed and Zak? They didn't mention it in the sherdog article.

Again, Allen was outstruck considerably...33-20, was dropped and was only successful at hitting air after his 1.5 minutes of success, so again....what significant margin are you talking about when all scoring criteria that matters shows he lost? Explain how you get out struck and dropped in a round and still win it?
Because Allen was landing bombs and Holloway was not.

You haven't figured out some secret that everyone else missed. You just don't know what you are watching.

If you want to go through life thinking that you're right and everyone else is wrong, go right ahead.

Because Allen was landing bombs and Holloway was not.

You haven't figured out some secret that everyone else missed. You just don't know what you are watching.

If you want to go through life thinking that you're right and everyone else is wrong, go right ahead.
Again he landed some clean shot in the beginning of the round but that was it, he never had Max hurt or in any trouble. I fully disagree that those shots outweigh the sig strike count and getting dropped at the end of the round, that is my opinion period....at least I have some reasoning other than Allen landed some bombs and max didnt for 1.5 mins of a round in which Allen was outstruck and dropped...if he wasnt dropped it would have been arguable for sure...but he was so 10-9 Max 49-46 was the correct score.

Again he landed some clean shot in the beginning of the round but that was it, he never had Max hurt or in any trouble. I fully disagree that those shots outweigh the sig strike count and getting dropped at the end of the round, that is my opinion period....at least I have some reasoning other than Allen landed some bombs and max didnt for 1.5 mins of a round in which Allen was outstruck and dropped...if he wasnt dropped it would have been arguable for sure...but he was so 10-9 Max 49-46 was the correct score.
Ok you're right, and everyone else is wrong.

Gaethje matched him for kicks and had heavier/cleaner hands.
That KO was a beautiful adjustment from Edson's defence earlier in the fight, he saw which way Edson circled and doubled the right up to catch him.

It's not like Gaethje just came forward and swung because his cardio was better.
Don’t forget one the best eye pokes in recent memory

I am still failing to get how anyone scored the 5th for Allen lol, what because he decided to be aggressive and miss a majority of shots? He was out landed in significant and total strikes and was dropped at the end of the round...that is called losing a round, aggression doesnt mean shit if you are missing.

49-46 was the correct score IMO, only round Allen won was 2.

Allen only landed 33% of his strikes. Max landed 56%. That's the most defensive minded and spaciously aware I've probably ever seen Max. He kept himself at the end of a lot of Allen's punches and his body kicks and jab were on point.

I can see R5 for both Max and Allen. I think either 48-47 or 49-46 are worthwhile scores.

Well damn not a single media judge scored it for Allen. That's moderately surprising. I had it 3-2 max but I could at least see the argument behind 3-2 Allen. One judge had it 50-45 Max which I think is a far worse card than 48-47 Allen

I don't see any way anyone could score that fight for Allen. It's a clear as day win for Max while still being competitive. The media scores demonstrate just that. At best for Allen it's 48-47 Max.

Max won the striking output to the head, body and legs in every round. He hurt Allen at the end of the fifth with the most effective shots landed in the fight. He definitely won rounds 1, 3 and 4.

Ft2piDyWIAINw98

<36>

Well damn not a single media judge scored it for Allen. That's moderately surprising. I had it 3-2 max but I could at least see the argument behind 3-2 Allen. One judge had it 50-45 Max which I think is a far worse card than 48-47 Allen
50-45 Max is wayy more reasonable then 48-47 allen. There's literally no argument for an allen round outside of 2 or 5.
*which both could be argued for Max.

I'm not sure National Puppy Day is actually a holiday.
Of course it is. There’s pretty much a holiday every day of the year. Doesn’t mean it’s a stat, or National Holiday..

National Puppy Day
Date
upload_2023-4-16_16-28-11.jpeg
Thu, Mar 23, 2023

Of course it is. There’s pretty much a holiday every day of the year. Doesn’t mean it’s a stat, or National Holiday..

National Puppy Day
Date
View attachment 979245
Thu, Mar 23, 2023
Well, by definition a holiday is a day when no work is done. Pretty sure everyone is required to go to work on National Puppy Day. But I definitely see your point. There is quite literally a day for just about everything.

Just saw the fights today and wanted to come in here and say the Kansas crowd is trash. Kansas crowd you guys suck asss

Back