PBP UFC on ESPN 55 - Nicolau vs. Perez Official PBP Discussion: Sat. 4/27 at 4pm ET

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i was kidding, obviously. but it's fun to poke holes in "real hip hop" nerd logic. biggie has some good songs. i just love when people talk about him and the "golden era" like hip hop used to have some kind of message or something.
I'm old enough to know that only about 5% of it did back in the day. The rest was about murdering guys and banging chicks with a hefty side of bragging about money and stuff. And then after 2000 that part of it got much worse.

Good to see Perez back in the win column.

Damn, Giva Santana as your BJJ coach. Your armbar better be flawless.

I'm old enough to know that only about 5% of it did back in the day. The rest was about murdering guys and banging chicks with a hefty side of bragging about money and stuff. And then after 2000 that part of it got much worse.

I am old school too. People like to shit on Mix for the baby got back song, but he had some bangers. Jack Back and No holds barred were fucking awesome.

DC was one of my favourite fighters but he's awful at commentary and interviews.

Reactions: TCE
It did at one point have more substance, when rappers had DJs, and BBoys and Graph artists
Now it’s just goofy drug raps, generic 5 minute beats, autotune and 99.9 % glorifying goof culture

I’ve gotten hella tired of rap these days, can’t really defend it anymore
It’s long gone past the “telling it how it is” days
i mean old rap had goofy drug raps and generic beats. that describes NWA to a tee. as much as i love wu tang, all they ever rapped about was drugs lol the subject matter hasn't changed at all, there are just more genres being incorporated now. if you don't like that, i get it, but the reasons people have for "hip hop is bad now" never makes sense
bingo. if people just say "i don't like the way it sounds anymore" that's a much better argument than anything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeKa
Back