UFC on FOX 31 PBP/Discussion

Shame on that Hooker hype. Last striker to really beat Barboza was Michael Johnson. Strikers don't stand a chance against Edson, but his cardio becomes an issue when he is pushed. Dan played the distance game in the first round and it cost him. You gotta pressure Edson and keep his kicks tight. He fades fast.

great performance from edson but what he hell was hookers gameplan, go kick for kick with the best leg kicker in the ufc? If he would have just pressured him against the fence he would have done a much better job. Terrible refereeing btw, that guy should be sued for manslaughter.

Fuck that was a life changing beating. He may never be the same after getting brutalized like that.

great performance from edson but what he hell was hookers gameplan, go kick for kick with the best leg kicker in the ufc? If he would have just pressured him against the fence he would have done a much better job. Terrible refereeing btw, that guy should be sued for manslaughter.

I haven't seen a lot of Dan Hooker's fight, so I didn't have a bet on the fight but I agree going kick for kick with Barboza was dumb and having his hands at his waist, asking to be countered cleanly after every kick he threw is just ridiculous.

Watched tape for this event and I’m down 10 units

Guess I could blame it on over analyzing. my initial plays were correct

Getting hosed for over 20 units sure didn’t help me out

Watched tape for this event and I’m down 10 units

Guess I could blame it on over analyzing. my initial plays were correct

Getting hosed for over 20 units sure didn’t help me out
I know you know this but it’s inevitable and happens to everyone.

i got 1200 for barboza which cancels out my 1200 on ortega D:

putting a little on al for +295 but i reeely dont see him winning

I guess one positive if you can call it that is most* of the real damage was to the body and legs. If those last two knees had connected it would be a different story

i got 1200 for barboza which cancels out my 1200 on ortega D:

putting a little on al for +295 but i reeely dont see him winning
I agree but the price is right. If we can keep hitting value like that it will pay off on average, over time. Gotta eat some shit in the short term though lol

It was a bad beating but not as bad as it looked because it was mainly to the legs and body. Hooker was so hurt to the legs and body that he wasn't really defending his head. He's lucky he didn't get a full force knee to the head there. He can recover from that beating and be stronger. Very very lucky he didn't take major head hits from Edson there.

I know you know this but it’s inevitable and happens to everyone.
Yea when you’re up 20 units midway through the card you expect to profit

Got crushed on those brutal decisions

I guess one positive if you can call it that is most* of the real damage was to the body and legs. If those last two knees had connected it would be a different story

True. But a lot of those hooks to the head he got hit with would KO plenty of fighters.

He walked out of there concussed, with a fucked up leg, and probably a broken rib or two.

Back