UFC Paris translator is trash

They should sack this terrible translator. He literally doesn’t translate the most important information.

William Gomis told a story about his relative passing away that’s why he started crying. And this moronic translator translated some bs like "he’s happy and thanks his team”.

Bisping asked a clear question which was “who do you want next?”. Benoit Saint-Denis replied that he wants the loser of Gamrot/Fiziev or the loser of the Dariush fight, then he wants Gaethje for the BMF title, then he wants the champ. Which is quite a statement. And this idiot just translated “he’s going for the title”.
That's what I thought too. He changes, he forgets, F him.
Il a du avoir son poste parce qu'il est le fils de ou le proche de. Toi même tu sais.

Why don’t they just have someone in the production area make a real time subtitle translation on the bid screen and video feed. Then we don’t need in person translators guessing at what they said after they are done saying it. Real time is normally how translation is done at UN, G7/8 and other international meetings.

Can't believe nobody's mentioned this..

I once oversaw an interview with a Spanish-speaking fighter who kept referencing names of other fighters, and naturally the non-MMA related translator had zero idea who the fuck any of those people were, so the interview didn't really work as well as it should have <Lmaoo>
This guy has so little clue about MMA that after Fiorot's win she called for the winner of Alexa & Valentina...
That dude conflated them & translated it to VANESSA
{<jordan}

I was rolling with laughter. "Who tf is Vanessa?" I thought to myself, then lost it for a minute straight

William Gomis told a story about his relative passing away that’s why he started crying. And this moronic translator translated some bs like "he’s happy and thanks his team”.
Haven't spoken any French for over 20 years but even I picked up on the passing, and the camera panned to the corner, the dude's body language was clearly not celebratory & the crowd picked up on the vibe... then that jackass says "he's happy"

<WhatIsThis>

Worst translator I can remember, obviously someone's nephew or some shit, no way that dude is booked via an unrelated agency

This is madness, but also fucking awesome.

UFC is a part time side gig, best translator there is. Always at the events, but his full time status is a Hotel Beds account manager?

What a legend...and genius.
OK, yeah, I forgive him, that's pretty cool <Lmaoo>
He did make me laugh but never again pls UFC

We need some Sherdoggers to dust off their baguettes and start translating with their supreme knowledge of MMA and fighter mindsets.

I want translators to be so good on the mic that they end up having beef with each other on Twitter.

<{JustBleed}>
#ufcpyongyang

We need some Sherdoggers to dust off their baguettes and start translating with their supreme knowledge of MMA and fighter mindsets.

I want translators to be so good on the mic that they end up having beef with each other on Twitter.

<{JustBleed}>
#ufcpyongyang
I speak reasonably good French. I can give you translations if you want, that are....a damn sight more accurate than Simon English-Dude-Whoever Official-Translator with a 5-second memory like a Goldfish.

France is really a pathetic country, their language is probably gayest in history and theyre all manlets. Im 6'1 and normal sized and when i was in france for vacation i towered over 85% of ppl in clubs

Back