News UFC Rankings update: Brady moves up to #8, Santos #5

The rankings never tell the truth anyway.

Khamzat is definitely top 3. Dont give me "who has he beat really" bs.
But since this is a system built on how many fights you have won and NOT by skill...Who gives a fuck!

Lol @ Sean Brady being so far ahead of Khamzat in the rankings, just because he beat Chiesa by 29-28 decision instead of Jingliang by first round submission with no strikes absorbed :rolleyes:

Khamzat is on 4 fight win streak, Brady on 5...Khamzat's 4 performances are more impressive

Last edited:
You got Brady's rank wrong.

How is masvidal still ranked above brady? Why did he also move up a rank? Just comes to show how useless rankings really are.

Lol @ Chimaev being deducted a rank for no reason also.

So overrated Chiesa ducks Khamzat to face the lesser skilled prospect and now lesser skilled prospect is higher in ranking. This is why guys like Islam have had such a hard time getting top 5-10 opponents. The whole system is shit, Khamzat would murk Brady

How is masvidal still ranked above brady? Why did he also move up a rank? Just comes to show how useless rankings really are.

Lol @ Chimaev being deducted a rank for no reason also.
Well #6 fought #14, they were 8 places apart, and 14 won, but they were not just going to just trade places.

They evidently felt that Brady's true rank is better than 14 so they didn't fully penalize Chiesa for losing to him, at the same time Chiesa is worse than a true #6 so Brady didn't get full credit for beating him. They meet in the middle with Brady climbing more than Chiesa fell.

Rising or falling a single rankings place is not too significant, I wouldn't worry.

Lol @ Sean Brady being so far ahead of Khamzat in the rankings, just because he beat Chiesa by 29-28 decision instead of Jingliang by first round submission with no strikes absorbed :rolleyes:

Khamzat is on 4 fight win streak, Brady on 5...Khamzat's 4 performances are more impressive

A wing over Chiesa is better than a win over Li

That's not to say that Chimaev won't be in the top spot forever

So overrated Chiesa ducks Khamzat to face the lesser skilled prospect and now lesser skilled prospect is higher in ranking. This is why guys like Islam have had such a hard time getting top 5-10 opponents. The whole system is shit, Khamzat would murk Brady
It's hard to break into the rankings because guys don't want to face people ranked 8 places below them, which is what Chiesa just did. Give him credit, he took on a high-risk low-reward fight with an undefeated prospect and deserves better than being called a duck for not fighting your favorite undefeated prospect.

A wing over Chiesa is better than a win over Li

That's not to say that Chimaev won't be in the top spot forever
I think he meant how the fights actually went out.

Brady beat Chiesa through lay and pray. But Brady also looked bad in the fight, he was getting lit up by Chiesa, he gassed very bad, and he almost got finished by Chiesa.

Meanwhile Khamzat treated Leech like a toddler and finished him in about 3 minutes without taking a single hit, while also taking the time to carry Leech to Dana's corner and have a conversation with Dana.

I like Brady but I did not see anything great from him on saturday. He has loads of potential just feel like WW is thin right now. I do feel like there are some better prospects in other orgs that would push a lot of the top 10 out of UFC rankings. There are also a lot of braddahs in other orgs that fight at 160-185 that would compete in the top 10 in zuffa welterweight div.

Reactions: Gio
How tf did Khamzat move -1 in the rankings?

Back