News UFC returns to France for event at the Accor Arena in Paris, September 28

Who will headline UFC Paris this year?

• Total voters
BSD 100% deserves to headline over Gane, he might have gotten knocked out but he went out swinging. Gane looked like he didn't train a single day for that Jones fight

French MMA has a pretty unique style that I’m starting to become a fan of the way these guys move and fight. Fiorot and Gane are clearly high level strikers who specialize with footwork but even lower level guys like Morgan Cherriere are a ton of fun despite being a touch more flash instead of substance. (Makes BSD a bit of an odd style for a French dude)

Hoping to see a few more prospects with slick styles showcase some flash.
Yeah, these is definitely a common style, even when they come from very different gyms and coach.
Charriere is so fun to watch. A mix of flashy technique, violence and entertainment.

Stylewise, not a fan of Gomis.

I reckon neither headline, if Whittaker and imavov win, that should be a headliner:
- Nassourdine Imavov vs. Robert whittaker
- Ciryl Gane vs. Marcin tybura
- BSD vs. Dan Hooker
Imavov - Wittaker would be phenomenal.
Gane vs Tybura gives me cancer
BSD VS Hooker, guaranteed violence

Imavov - Wittaker would be phenomenal.
Gane vs Tybura gives me cancer
BSD VS Hooker, guaranteed violence
The world will end if Gane doesn’t fight a fat man in France. It’s just an unwritten rule

The world will end if Gane doesn’t fight a fat man in France. It’s just an unwritten rule
You're so mean. <lol>

That would be a mismatch, very much like Spivak, hope they don't do that. Pavlovich, Blaydes, or Almeida next for Gane.

Gane should be on there, he obviously wants Aspinall to defend his interim belt there but that would be a super quick turnaround from late July for Tom. Doubt it happens, but I also doubt Gane accepts a fight with anybody else.

He's a complete diva who's said again and again he will only take fights where he has more to gain than lose.

Maybe Fiorot? But she should have already earned a title fight so it would feel like a punishment to make her fight again.

Main card:
- Parnasse vs Chikadze
- Gane vs Tybura
- BSD vs Fiziev
- Charriere vs Culibao
- Ziam vs Mauricio Ruffy
Preliminary card:
- Chamsoudinov vs Lainesse
- Gomis vs Jean Silva
- Jousset vs Oban Elliott
- Lapilus vs Bekzat Almakhan
- Cornolle vs Kianzad
- Kutateladze vs Oki
- Tekenah vs Benita de Rooij

Kinda disappointed with how the last events turned out for French fighters , but I’m still hopeful.
To be fair, after Poirier destructed BSD I lost track a little bit of who is or isn’t available at the moment. Just waiting for Manon’s TS but there’s that shitty situation,so...

But really, I feel like we don’t have to complain here with the MMA scene growing, I can't believe it’ll already be the third event in France.

Yeah in fact I’m not really helping, but I was the same during my soccer years, after big losses I wouldn’t read about the sport for..... OK half a day lmao. No really, 2006 was horrible for the young me, and post 2010 French soccer was a fucking disaster for what felt years and years. But I was lucky enough to live 98, 00 and 18, so there’s that.
I don’t even hope to go and see the event live, tickets will sell in like 30 seconds, but I’ll watch for sure.

UFC Fight Night Paris: Gane vs Tybura

Heavyweight Main Event: Ciryl Gane vs Marcin Tybura

Lightweight Co-Main Event: Benoit Saint Denis vs Jalin Turner

Middleweight Bout: Jack Hermansson vs Caio Borralho

Lightweight Bout: Fares Ziam vs Rafael dos Anjos

Lightweight Bout: Joel Alvarez vs Carlos Ferreira

Prelims:

Featherweight Bout: Morgan Charriere vs Seung Woo Choi

Welterweight Bout: Kevin Jousset vs Ange Loosa

Bantamweight Bout: Nora Cornolle vs Josiane Nunes

Middleweight Bout: Robert Bryczek vs Armen Petrosyan

Fight Pass Prelims:

Lightweight Bout: Bolaji Oki vs Damir Hadzovic (cancelled due to Hadz visa issues)

Bantamweight Bout: Ivana Petrovic vs Dione Barbosa

---

Here, gave it a go!
Tybura??? Didn't Gane just get Spivak?

Gane should be on there, he obviously wants Aspinall to defend his interim belt there but that would be a super quick turnaround from late July for Tom. Doubt it happens, but I also doubt Gane accepts a fight with anybody else.

He's a complete diva who's said again and again he will only take fights where he has more to gain than lose.

Maybe Fiorot? But she should have already earned a title fight so it would feel like a punishment to make her fight again.
If Tom wins quickly I don't think he would mind a turn around especially if paid well. Doesn't seem like the type of dude to turn down fights.

I guess this will all just have to play out but

Tybura

Aspinall if he wins quickly (and wants it)

Are the only real options.

Tybura??? Didn't Gane just get Spivak?

Yup.

Tybura is a winnable fight, which is the key really. Tybura is better than Spivak, and coming off a first round submision over Tuivasa.

If one of the other heavyweights fighting in June are available, though, they could make a different fight - but that's a big if in the HW division, which isn't renowned for quick turnarounds of 3 months or less.

In what world would a title fight be co-main?

They originally had Jiri vs Poatan as co-main LHW title fight on what was supposed to be the Jones vs Stipe card just at the end of last year.

If they had Cyril booked for Paris it would arguably be the bigger draw than some women's fight for sure.

Anyway as we already have Manchester as Euro card earlier it's more likely Dana will put together a dull fight night w BSD headlining

No really, 2006 was horrible for the young me, and post 2010 French soccer was a fucking disaster for what felt years and years. But I was lucky enough to live 98, 00 and 18, so there’s that.
Haha I know the feel. I stopped watching football around 2010, but the previous 12 years were such a rollercoaster of epic glory and total disasters (2010 with Anelka and Domenech, LMAO).

They originally had Jiri vs Poatan as co-main LHW title fight on what was supposed to be the Jones vs Stipe card just at the end of last year.

If they had Cyril booked for Paris it would arguably be the bigger draw than some women's fight for sure.

Anyway as we already have Manchester as Euro card earlier it's more likely Dana will put together a dull fight night w BSD headlining
Jones vs Stipe was a title fight tho

2010 with Anelka and Domenech, LMAO

Lmao I thought we would be cursed for generations.

2002 was hard to swallow but that felt kinda normal to not win each time. 06 was special, the Italians again... Trezeguet.... damn it ! Obviously I wasn’t mad at him, after 00, but after that it only went downhill.

ARES Bantamweight champion Aboubakar Younousov enjoys the idea to fight on this event:

This would be great but UFC didn't seem interested in Lazy King or Doumbe, so not getting my hopes up unfortunately.

Back