News UFC rival Daniel Cormier wants Jon Jones removed from ‘Best Fighter’ ESPY Award

Is DC Salty

• Total voters
He has a point as other fighters deserve it more, but he has to give props to Jon for coming back after years away, moving up and capturing the HW title. I mean that does count for a lot lol.

As impressive as the win was, it's still just one win. No one has ever been nominated for foty with just one win.

Other fighters have done more than him this year.
Go through the nominations to validate that comment.
I'm fairly certain Floyd Mayweather was nominated for 1 fight in a year. Randy was nominated for 1 win unless you believe he was nominated for losing to Liddell since it was within the time frame. Khabib won it in 2021 for his 1 fight in 2020 against Gaethje.

2b4bbl.jpg

No, it would just be a correct opinion. No one should be fighter of the year with only one fight. However, whenit comes from a person that sees that other fighter as their greatest rival and the only one to truly slap him around, it comes off as salty.

I understand the point you're trying to make, but that's some pretty slippery logic there.

That's like saying Candidate A proposes a plan that requires people to burn their houses down. Candidate B, who is obviously running against Candidate A, says that people shouldn't burn their houses down.

According to your logic, however, Candidate B only happens to be right but really is motivated by their opposition to Candidate A. Sorry, but that doesn't make sense.

This is the last I'll say on it as I don't care that much in the grand scheme of it, and it's fine that we disagree. But DC is an analyst and gave a take that almost everyone agrees with. Why does it have to turn into something about how DC is saying it because he's salty, as opposed to DC saying it because it's true?

Back