News UFC to contest 'Fight Night' event in Saskatoon on June 20

close to Alberta, eh
them pockets filled up with that oil money, eh
'Berta Bless.
We got a hockey team named after Oil. If Oilers isn't the most hick name than idk what is.... (Indians might beat it but that's more racist than Hick)

I was surprised when the UFC went to Saskatoon last time. The city area only has around 300 thousand people.

The funny thing is though.... That event got a similar attendance to when I saw Mighty Mouse fight for the title in his home town of Seattle (A city metro of 4 million). The Seattle card also had Rory McDonald, Robbie Lawler, Masvidal, and Chiesa. The crowd was about the most anemic I've ever witnessed at a live event.

I lived in Saskatoon for two years and I'm happy for them that they get yet another UFC event, but I could probably think of a few more deserving places of a fight night card.

Saskatoon Saskatechewan. I've lived in Canada my whole life and I've never been to Saskatchewan. It must suck.

I've been to Saskatoon maybe 3 times. Its actually a pretty city, but only for 3 or 4 months a year.
Its in a different time zone than Toronto (where I'm from), so its important to remember to set your watch back 20 years when you go there.

That dude pushing for an event in Iowa is going to flip his lid.

Happy that we get a card in canada but we haven't had a card in Montréal since april 2015 for ufc 186 and we got robbed of tj fighting barao and rory fighting lombard on that card

maybe i will go to my second ufc event this summer.

UFC Saskatwo

Saskatchevan fighters are no joke!

mitch-clarke-al-iaquinta-ufc-173.jpg

Brock Lesnar is also a Saskatchewan fighter...sort of.

Will probably be very weak, trying to think of any mid-tier Canadians that might headline?

Drawing a blank.

Volkan vs Gustafsson
Cirkonov vs Rakic
Dawadu vs Yusuff
Jourdain vs Tukhugov
Mein vs Diego

Not sure why they stopped coming to Toronto

Almost always sell out here too

I'm Canadian ( near Montreal ) but never been to Saskatchewan, way too far lmao, btw why not do a fight night at the Bell center? Since GSP vs Hendricks they never came back....

Back