UFC Vegas 79: Rafael Fiziev vs. Mateusz Gamrot, September 23

Past prime Zombie was able to outgrapple Ige. I'm not hyped on Bryce, but I see him putting a grappling ckinique on Ige, I think it's a good fight for him and he's a few years younger, more room to improve.

Gamrot vs Fiziev. Imo it's dog or pass unless you play the precise result on either side. I think 5 rounds are im Gamrot's favour. Fiziev never faced such a relentless grappler, there are do many unknown things. Can Gamrot take him down, can Gamrot keep him down, can Fiziev withstand grappling pace, can Fiziev defend himself on the ground. I think Gamrot can steal rounds just by chasing takedowns, working on the cage, making Fiziev defend takedowns without even landing takedowns. I won't be surprised at all od Fiziev keeps it standing and wins, but dog or pass.

Rodriguez should run through Waterson

Improve on a farm in Searcy, Arkansas?

Past prime Zombie was able to outgrapple Ige. I'm not hyped on Bryce, but I see him putting a grappling ckinique on Ige, I think it's a good fight for him and he's a few years younger, more room to improve.

Gamrot vs Fiziev. Imo it's dog or pass unless you play the precise result on either side. I think 5 rounds are im Gamrot's favour. Fiziev never faced such a relentless grappler, there are do many unknown things. Can Gamrot take him down, can Gamrot keep him down, can Fiziev withstand grappling pace, can Fiziev defend himself on the ground. I think Gamrot can steal rounds just by chasing takedowns, working on the cage, making Fiziev defend takedowns without even landing takedowns. I won't be surprised at all od Fiziev keeps it standing and wins, but dog or pass.

KZ actually provides a striking threat, Ige had a lot more to think about. Bryce is elite once he gets guys on their back imo, but with actually taking them down not as much.

He **might** be good enough to still get Ige down and win via grappling. Maybe. But paying -200 or whatever juice on that? No effing way.

KZ actually provides a striking threat, Ige had a lot more to think about. Bryce is elite once he gets guys on their back imo, but with actually taking them down not as much.

He **might** be good enough to still get Ige down and win via grappling. Maybe. But paying -200 or whatever juice on that? No effing way.
Fights are at the apex, right? That's another thing to take into account here.

Fights are at the apex, right? That's another thing to take into account here.

Yeah if they are that's a fair point. I still like Ige decision at +450 for value. But small cage does make it a bit less exciting a prop.

Has he done judging before?

It'd be kinda funny if he were one of those judges who still value control time above all.

Ha, on the first season of TUF he hated Koscheck for laying on top of him to win.

Agree. I took Bryce 1.79 very early just for a small bet. Ige has shown solid striking, and on the ground he is notoriously hard to submit, his sub defense is really good. Movsar despite his best attempts couldnt. Its why i took Movsar by dec back then. Bryce here may not have the best TDs, but if he is anything like he usually is, he´ll grind Ige and win by dec very likely. Ige vs Emmett in round 3 was a red flag for me, it was 1-1 and Ige showed no urgency to really win. Bryce is relentless.

Should be a good fight for him. We´ll see if Bryce really is affected by all the social media talk and his last loss.

This is definitely a card with a lot of dogs you can make an argument for: Gamrot, Ige, Fletcher, Johns, Means, and Collier IMO. I think Jourdain is a very fair price too. I'm also surprised to see the ITD near even with Brundage. If he's doing well, he's finishing. If Malkoun's doing well, he's probably really wearing on Brundage. I think Brundage will look for a way out.

This is definitely a card with a lot of dogs you can make an argument for: Gamrot, Ige, Fletcher, Johns, Means, and Collier IMO. I think Jourdain is a very fair price too. I'm also surprised to see the ITD near even with Brundage. If he's doing well, he's finishing. If Malkoun's doing well, he's probably really wearing on Brundage. I think Brundage will look for a way out.
Keep in mind that Malkoun went the distance with someone who was effectively crippled since round 1, and the guys who finished Cody have a finishing rate of 100%, 82% and 79%. He also went the distance with Maximov in his UFC debut, which is the closest thing to Malkoun he's faced.

I'd rather take a stab at Brundage itd +700 instead, or even Malkoun's own itd line if you do believe he'll finally show any sort of killer instinct.

Keep in mind that Malkoun went the distance with someone who was effectively crippled since round 1, and the guys who finished Cody have a finishing rate of 100%, 82% and 79%. He also went the distance with Maximov in his UFC debut, which is the closest thing to Malkoun he's faced.

I'd rather take a stab at Brundage itd +700 instead, or even Malkoun's own itd line if you do believe he'll finally show any sort of killer instinct.
If Oleksiejczuk is sweeping you from the bottom, then it means that there is something really wrong with you. I predict Malkoun by finish.

Back