UFC was way better when the ferittas owned

Danas_right

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
You see Rousey leave the ufc, now WWE too since WME bought. They lost their HW champ like it was pre tuf days......

When the ferittas owned they were buying pride, WEC, Strikefore, WFA, IFL..... if they lost someone like Hendo they would buy strikeforce and get him back...

WME thinks the UFC brand is bigger than the fighters

For sure they brought something to the table. The Zuffa Era was directly apart of the Golden Era of MMA. Zuffa is the foundation of the Modern UFC we have today.

Uncle Frank and Dana left their fingerprints in every MMA fight we’ll watch for the rest of our lives

For real. They encapsulated everything the UFC was about!

JUdO3M_Y3BH_w91WwdHQf-pavFRDpI6FZ2CMhfMl778.jpg

It's true Papa Lorenzo kept Daner in check when need be. Now Daner out there running amok making a mockery of what was once on its way to being a legitimate sporting franchise.

Yeah it was much better at that time. I miss it

Meh...WME has done a great job with the UFC. Despite initial concerns when they acquired ZUFFA for $4 billion, they have not only recouped that investment but have also generated substantial profits.

i totally agree. back then it had the real family owned business vibe, like the mom and pop shop milk bar on the corner of the road. you know, the type of small business that really cared about its contractors and always went out of their way to keep them satisfied and content to come back for more business even if it meant they were out of pocket here and there at times.

now it just feels like a soulless and ruthless organization that goes out of their way to undercut and bury anyone in their way that stops them from gaining a dollar.

USADA dug their claws in by the time they left tbf.

We'll see how things go in the new trt/picograms era

Tbh, I don’t think it would be much different if they still owned it.

The Conor bullshit was already in play. Conor was supposed to fight RDA at 196 in March 2016. Without ever having defended at FW. When RDA pulled out Conor handpicked Cabo Nate.

If was sold in July 2016. UFC 205 was in November 2016. USADA was July 2015.

It was under the Fertitta bros that the snowball of bullshit was set in motion.

You can say it was better. And it was. But I don’t think it would be much different than it is right now if they kept it, imo. They’re business men too. Just like Ari, and WME.

You see Rousey leave the ufc, now WWE too since WME bought. They lost their HW champ like it was pre tuf days......

When the ferittas owned they were buying pride, WEC, Strikefore, WFA, IFL..... if they lost someone like Hendo they would buy strikeforce and get him back...

WME thinks the UFC brand is bigger than the fighters
the UFC was also losing money year after year. Clearly wasn't a sustainable business. They were just building it with the intention to sell knowing if they succeeded they would get all their money and more back on the sale. That is what happened lucky for them.

Doesn't surprise me Rhonda left, she wanted to maintain her value. When you can earn as much if not more outside the UFC without having to fight, anybody would take that option. I feel everyone has an expiration date in sport and for UFC fighters getting 5 good years is similar to twice that in a mainstream sport.

Or maybe it was just new to you then,so your enthusiasm was higher.

yeah was thinking about it the other day. the Zuffa era definitely felt like the WWF attitude era.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back