News UFC will return to England for a PPV card this year, featuring Tom Aspinall and Leon Edwards

I just hope it's soon. I like leon, but wish his activity level was a bit higher.
as much as I'd like to blame him, This one is all on the UFC.

They knew leon as the main of 300 would not fly, and they likely wanted to save him for the UK. 301 needed a brazillian, Jan/feb/march too close to his last fight.

they are going to do the same thing with islam where they just hold him for AD or SA or whatever. Could have reasonably fought in march or February but they want to hold him till it's optimal. (Saudi)

they are going to do the same thing with islam where they just hold him for AD or SA or whatever. Could have reasonably fought in march or February but they want to hold him till it's optimal. (Saudi)

I guess they are doing the same thing with Khamzat this year as well. Last year around this time he was on Ariel's show saying he wanted to fight soon but the UFC was looking to have him on the Abu Dhabi card in fucking October and that's what ended up happening. Over 1 year between fights..

Yessss, this is gonna be the Leon vs GOATlal title fight

They really should mail people who purchase a PPV with Leon vs Belal,
an energy drink to stay awake.

But yeah he does deserve a title shot,
let’s get it over with and move on.

Although this is great for Leon and Tom... I do work on Saturdays now, so gonna miss these events if they have middle of the day start times. 😔

Edit- or I risk getting in trouble by watching it at work. 😃

Both of those guys on the same PPV defending their titles? Sign me up. Unfortunately, that means Gane is definitely next for Aspinall. Just another example of the UFC mismanaging all their divisions.

What am I missing here, SA?

Why would it be Aspinall-Gane and not Aspinall-Blaydes II?

Heard reports that Paddy is fighting Paul felder

Geez.

The UFC are really struggling to get Paddy non-ranked opponents at this point.

That fight is pure desperation, and Felder probably wins, too.

Can't wait for the salty faces in the crowd when they both lose on the same card lol

Guess that confirms Jones isnt fighting Tom, that match would definitely be in the US or the middle east.
You ever thought he was?

Their interaction in Birmingham told me all I need to know there.

Jones has no intention of ever fighting Aspinall. He shut down anything that would make headlines about them potentially fighting one another.

For example, refusing to do a faceoff. When you consider he's done about 3 with Ngannou but all of them were only AFTER Francis left the UFC and there was zero possibility of them fighting each other anymore. When Nagannou was active in the UFC HW division Jon was nowhere to be found for 3 years.

That along with his short, brusque, non-committal evasions of Aspinall's questions about them fighting, trying to shut any conversation down at the source. He knows the game and didn't want the media to have any ammunition to promote a future fight.

If it's a PPV, and these rumours are true, I imagine something like:

Tom Aspinall vs. Curtis Blaydes II (UFC Interim HW Title)
Leon Edwards vs. Belal Muhammad II (UFC WW Title)
Paddy Pimblett vs. Paul Felder
Arnold Allen vs. Giga Chikadze
Nikita Krylov vs. Khalil Rountree Jr.
---------------------------------
Randy Brown vs. Nicholas Dalby
Nathaniel Wood vs. Billy Quarantillo
Molly McCann vs. a woman
Christian Leroy Duncan vs. Ihor Potieira
--------------------------------
Marc Diakiese vs. Fares Ziam
Mick Parkin vs. Karl Williams
Sam Patterson vs. Charlie Radtke
Modestas Bukauskas vs. Brendson Ribeiro

Dana said 286 would be a bad ass card and it ended up being mediocre.

Molly McCann vs. a woman
I think MVP vs ???(nearly all of the top 15 is unbooked) finds its way to the ppv, bumping Krylov/Roundtree to an Apex FN Headliner

Oh hell yeah
I hope King Chuckles is in attendance for the festivities

Both of those guys on the same PPV defending their titles? Sign me up. Unfortunately, that means Gane is definitely next for Aspinall. Just another example of the UFC mismanaging all their divisions.
Why is that?

Aspinall's latest Q&A on his channel he says he's in talks and he's close to a fight but can't say, in a separate question he says he wants to fight Blaydes next, Asp also talks about rumours of Pavlovich vs Gane being in the works.

So it looks like it's Aspinall vs Blades which is the correct fight because Gane's already had 2 shots, you can't have Gane as the interim making him next in line for Jones because no one wants to see that again.

Gane is only back in title contention when Jones officially retires.

Colby vs. Garry is a no-brainer for a UK card.
UFC may potentially view that as co-main event worthy on a different card, rather than it getting lost beneath 2 title fights where all the focus will be on UK talent.

Colby is also going to push to only fight 5 round fights as it benefits his style, and I'm sure he's said before he doesn't want to fight outside USA. He only agreed to be back up in the London card to gain favour with the UFC to ensure he gets a title shot. So I don't see Colby agreeing to 3 rounds in the UK where he's nowhere near the top of the bill.

Having said that his stock has fallen massively after losing to Leon so maybe he can't be as demanding anymore.

Molly McCann vs. a woman
Nice.
As a Dutchman I would also like to see Jarno Errens and Bolaji Oki on the card. Against who would you match them?

I wonder if Gunnar makes his yearly UK appearance. A Ponzi rematch, Chiesa, or Dalby would be cool to see on the prelims.

Back