UFC's sh*tty matchmaking has given rise to 4 shadow champions (so much for being the 'premier league')

Merab was in line for a title shot for years but turned them down because he wouldn’t fight Aljo.
What makes you think he "turned them down?" He's been open about not wanting to fight Aljo. But the UFC also has a history of shafting fighters like Merab. I highly doubt the UFC would have given Merab a title shot over TJ, Henry, or O'Malley. As far as I can see, there was never even an opportunity for Merab to "turn down." Don't be fooled by Dana's narrative.

What makes you think he "turned them down?" He's been open about not wanting to fight Aljo. But the UFC also has a history of shafting fighters like Merab. I highly doubt the UFC would have given Merab a title shot over TJ, Henry, or O'Malley. As far as I can see, there was never even an opportunity for Merab to "turn down." Don't be fooled by Dana's narrative.
There is no doubt in my mind Merab was offered the first crack at Aljo after Aljo beat Yan the second time as a form of punishment and they don't like either of them even though they're Serra Longo guys.
"Now you gotta defend against your friend."

It all went down hill once they started inviting that fat-ass, orange faced loser ringside - most cards suck ass too.

has been gifted so many favorable match-up fights. 0 title defences at MW despite being the biggest middleweight in the history of the sport.
Poatan defended against Izzy. He had "0 successful title defenses" if that is what you mean.

Belal doesn't sell fights. Ankalev doesn't sell fights. Sean sells fights, Alex sells fights, Leon is a big U.K draw even if he isn't the biggest draw elsewhere. Casuals don't care about Merab. Jon Jones is Jon Jones and Tom Aspinall is the victim of unfortunate circumstance.

{<shrug}

It all went down hill once they started inviting that fat-ass, orange faced loser ringside - most cards suck ass too.
Hmm not a fun if the ol Trumpster I see. Me neither but he would be a better alternative to Obama getting a 4th term using a puppet like Biden, kamala etc to destroy the nation by proxy. I think orange would slow the process by dumb luck and not playing ball.

All fightsports do this.

How many times did they give marketable fighters chances that others wouldnt? that goes back as far as far goes. In UFC,Boxing and everywher else/
Well, it wasnt as noticable before because the roster was small. Now we got a handful of guys cleaning out their divisions, going on 10 fight win streaks, and still not greenlit for a title shot. Its fucking BS. They need to make more divisions, or the trend is only going to get worse.

The issue is less so the Chito v O'Malley fights (storylines and company wants are always going to be a factor whether we like it or not, and always have been) and more so the never ending, predictable, boring, undeserved, excessive double champ callouts.

I don't know if they're doing it because they want more money but the ufc should make a statement saying it's not happening unless a champion has a long run of defences.

It's the biggest issue hurting the organization, more than ass tier apex cards or any other issue.

There is no doubt in my mind Merab was offered the first crack at Aljo after Aljo beat Yan the second time as a form of punishment and they don't like either of them even though they're Serra Longo guys.
"Now you gotta defend against your friend."
Dana has spoken publicly about how he doesn't like that Merab won't fight Aljo but one of them - i think it was Aljo - did an interview or a podcast recently where they said there was never an official offer on the table for the two of them to fight each other.

Merab was in line for a title shot for years but turned them down because he wouldn’t fight Aljo.
If the UFC wanted Merab to fight for a title that badly they should have given him the first crack at O'Malley. Everyone knows he was more deserving of a shot than Chito.

WME corporatized the UFC, and killed the ethos of the sport in the process.

It’s the Ultimate Marketable Fighters Championship now.
And it's so much better now

Back