UFN 149 PBP/Discussion

You like anything else?

Vasquez is at the very least going to run the already exposed Verdejo close... you can get him at +235 and thereabouts.

I'm also going to bet on Caisermo ITD, I think the number on that one is ridiculous.

The line you guys played was reem by ko or decision?

If so that was a loss, it was a tko and a trap

The line you guys played was reem by ko or decision?

If so that was a loss, it was a tko and a trap
Really? I've never seen a book distinguish between a KO and a TKO.

lol Aleksei punched himself out with his no technique all power body shots and...standing hammerfists?

Went about as expected with the knees to hurt him though, fight doesn't really tell us anything. Hopefully they remake the Volkov fight, or give Lewis to Reem, if Lewis doesn't catch him Reem would crush him with knees to the body.

If Lewis couldn't land something nasty on Reem's chin those body kicks and knees could drain the limited tank of Lewis very, very quickly.

dBXuNL7.png

Overeem TKO/KO/DQ or Decision graded as loss.

Wat8.jpg
They misgrade sometimes. I remember when Smith KO/Dec was a similar line error against Shogun that they graded as a loss then graded as a win 12 hours after.

They also graded Hardy‘s fight as a loss for the under 1.5. Then they changed it.

It happens. Worst case scenario here is that they drop the odds.

I really thought Sergey Pavlovich was super overrated when I watched his fights with Kirill Sidelnikov and Mikhail Mokhnatkin. They were both much smaller guys and he just didn't really do a lot with them. (Well until he knocked out Mikhail, but Mikhail was a small sambo dude who did no Sambo.)

Don't really know specifically why i misread that tbh. I thought Golm had a good shot because he seemed reasonably competitive in his last couple of losses. Got kinda unlucky with the broken foot and bloodied up the nose of the that rank 15 guy.

Can anyone give me pointers to why I underrated Mr Sergey so much? I know I read it wrong, i just don't know why.

Graded as win, thanks to whoever posted that line in the other thread!

Vasquez is at the very least going to run the already exposed Verdejo close... you can get him at +235 and thereabouts.

I'm also going to bet on Caisermo ITD, I think the number on that one is ridiculous.
Vasquez draw was +1650 the other day

I really thought Sergey Pavlovich was super overrated when I watched his fights with Kirill Sidelnikov and Mikhail Mokhnatkin. They were both much smaller guys and he just didn't really do a lot with them. (Well until he knocked out Mikhail, but Mikhail was a small sambo dude who did no Sambo.)

Don't really know specifically why i misread that tbh. I thought Golm had a good shot because he seemed reasonably competitive in his last couple of losses. Got kinda unlucky with the broken foot and bloodied up the nose of the that rank 15 guy.

Can anyone give me pointers to why I underrated Mr Sergey so much? I know I read it wrong, i just don't know why.

You are likely overrating the difference in quality between Johnson + Bhullar vs Kirill + Mikhail. Especially Mikhail was 9-1 coming off a win vs Fabio Maldonado, he isn’t a total bum. Johnson + Bhullar are slightly better, but there’s a fine line between low tier UFC fighters and high tier regional dudes.

Also if sambo guy doesn’t do sambo, thats a credit to Pavlovic being big and strong with wrestling background.

That’s what stood out to me, is that Pavlovich is very physically superior to Golm, had more power, and his wins are against much tougher opponents than the cans Golm crushed. And losing to Reem means ~nothing when it comes to beating up a low tier HW.

You're getting the two fighters mixed up. Pavlovich knocked out Sidelnikov. His fight against Mokhnatkin was a horrifically boring 5 round fight where very little happened, and which the judges saw 48-47 and 49-47 X2.

nebulousned said:

That "rank 15 guy" was Tim Johnson, who has mediocre striking, horrible defense, and a horrible chin while relying on wrestling that is decent at best. He got knocked out very easily and quickly by 43 year-old Cheick Kongo, and was the absolute perfect, tailor-made opponent for Golm. And proceeded to beat him convincingly.

nebulousned said:

You might not be underrating Pavlovich at all. He is a decent fighter who is still improving but nothing spectacular, speaking as a fellow Russian.

Rather, you might be overrating Golm. The guy was getting pieced up by Bhullar's jab in his last fight. What was going to happen against Pavlovich, whose jab is faster, stronger, and much longer, not to mention his main weapon?

I thought Golm might survive to decision, since he would at least be wary of Pavlovich's overhand right, his main power shot.

But we shouldn't forget; Golm is a complete idiot. His much-vaunted training at ATT didn't help, either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back