UFN 155 on ESPN+ 13 De Randamie vs Ladd PBP/Discussion

They cheated during Till's weigh-in and he got KO'd. History repeats itself.

sharp money wasn't so "sharp" for ladd lol. GDR was one of the better dogs in a while

They cheated during Till's weigh-in and he got KO'd. History repeats itself.

Do you suspect Ladd didn't make weight?

Also, you have to love the UFC's hypocrisy about stopping WMMA fights.

Allow a woman to keep fighting when she isn't in immediate danger, concussed, or even being hit, and you can be fired as a ref. (Mario Yamasaki for Valentina vs. Zombie Girl)

Stop a fight where a woman is in immediate dangerous, concussed, AND being hit, and it's an "early stoppage", how dare you!

I'm convinced that the referees tonight were given instructions by the California commission about stopping fights as soon as someone is visibly rocked and not letting them play out due to their concerns about concussions and liability.

I'm convinced that the referees tonight were given instructions by the California commission about stopping fights as soon as someone is visibly rocked and not letting them play out due to their concerns about concussions and liability.

This might be true, never thought about it.

Do you suspect Ladd didn't make weight?

Also, you have to love the UFC's hypocrisy about stopping WMMA fights.

Allow a woman to keep fighting when she isn't in immediate danger, concussed, or even being hit, and you can be fired as a ref. (Mario Yamasaki for Valentina vs. Zombie Girl)

Stop a fight where a woman is in immediate dangerous, concussed, AND being hit, and it's an "early stoppage", how dare you!

I'm absolutely confident that she was overweight. Look at the weigh-in video.

I think it's a known fact that they tend to stop WMMA fights very early but I don't think that this stoppage was that bad. The Faber one was really bad though.

Rough start between Lui and Simon but GDR saved my ass

totally makes sense. comissions will have a say.

Man, Bisping was annoying going on about the "early stoppage". It's not a title fight and with like 98% certainty Herb Dean just saved a 24 year old fighter from absorbing some huge blows. Agree with Polar: could someone please remind the man that he's blind?

Ladd went down front first from the very first thrown punch, don't mind the stoppage, also another bomb was about to be thrown but Herb intercepted.

Has anyone figured out where the money came from on Ladd?

Just trying to figure it out

good night last night

emmet + van buren +421
GDR ko +350
GDR ko rd 1 +900

Has anyone figured out where the money came from on Ladd?

Just trying to figure it out

It came in early in the week when the limits were still fairly low. It was probably somebody with a mid-tier bankroll who thought 24 year old 8-0 should beat 35 year old 8-3. All of the money came back in on GDR on fight day, so whoever was slamming Ladd wasn't doing it for a whole lot of loot.

The really confusing source of money was Pingyuan Liu teleporting from -150 to -220. No idea where that came from.

It came in early in the week when the limits were still fairly low. It was probably somebody with a mid-tier bankroll who thought 24 year old 8-0 should beat 35 year old 8-3. All of the money came back in on GDR on fight day, so whoever was slamming Ladd wasn't doing it for a whole lot of loot.

The really confusing source of money was Pingyuan Liu teleporting from -150 to -220. No idea where that came from.
The only explanation I can come up with, albeit irrational, is that Song Yadong's KO the weekend prior made some people think: "owaah another Chinese dude at Team Alpha Male, Imma hit that".

Some decent fights, thought it was a bit of an early stoppage for the ME but I'll take it.

For some reason I absolutely hate Josh Emmett. His voice annoys me, he reminds me of a goblin (for some reason specifically,a boglin toy I had as a kid if anyone remembers those), and other than the Stephens fight, every time I bet against him he sparks out his opponent.

I remember EZ Flyer having a similar fighter years ago that kept doing him in. I wanna say I'm going to stop betting against him but I know next fight it'll be the same situation.

Some decent fights, thought it was a bit of an early stoppage for the ME but I'll take it.

For some reason I absolutely hate Josh Emmett. His voice annoys me, he reminds me of a goblin (for some reason specifically,a boglin toy I had as a kid if anyone remembers those), and other than the Stephens fight, every time I bet against him he sparks out his opponent.

I remember EZ Flyer having a similar fighter years ago that kept doing him in. I wanna say I'm going to stop betting against him but I know next fight it'll be the same situation.
I think it was Alan Belcher that was his albatross, right? I dunno why, but somehow that cracks me up. :)

I'm freerolling GDR. They'll stop the fight as soon as Ladd starts shrieking lol.
Fucking wot?
Wasn't you the lad who won, or almost won the L-challenge? You are good. Very good.

Fucking wot?
Wasn't you the lad who won, or almost won the L-challenge? You are good. Very good.

Almost won, lost on Pudilova in the end.

Of course hedging looks like a mistake now, considering how easily she won, but I had unloaded on her between +158 and +165 with the sole purpose of hedging later and with Ladd at -110 I thought it would be better to just freeroll and not risk anything.

Back