UFN 157 PBP/Discussion

These translators are awesome,
ESP by UFC standards

these brag posts are really annoying!

Especially when the dude just passed on the fight. Anyone can pass on a fight, all you have to do is nothing, haha. It's not like he posted a bet slip for fat stacks on Zhang KO or something.

hedged Zhang ITD and profited about 2u

I still hate these kind of cards, idk why I torture myself. Now I'm just up at 7:43 AM and not sure what to do with myself

Why? We all compete for who is closest to making the correct picks, literally gamble on it, why not have a little brag after?
because there is so much variance, sooner or later you will be completely wrong so it is just pointless, I was big on Zhang btw.

Andrade had absolutely no defense there, from wading in with her chin in the air like a mong and getting caught, turning her head in the clinch and not blocking while Zhang elbowed fuck out of her head, not blocking any of the knees in the clinch and even trying to throw punches to the body while getting kneed to fuck, and just backing up in a straight line with her hands down when out of the clinch.

Impressive that she was able to do literally everything wrong.

Andrade had absolutely no defense there, from wading in with her chin in the air like a mong and getting caught, turning her head in the clinch and not blocking while Zhang elbowed fuck out of her head, not blocking any of the knees in the clinch and even trying to throw punches to the body while getting kneed to fuck, and just backing up in a straight line with her hands down when out of the clinch.

But she was going to be much more technical this fight. She apparently didn’t consult her tree

Especially when the dude just passed on the fight. Anyone can pass on a fight, all you have to do is nothing, haha. It's not like he posted a bet slip for fat stacks on Zhang KO or something.
If you check I did hit big on my only pick of the night. You guys are right though, just because I had a lean I did nothing with it no reason to tout. Good fights and goodnight fellows.

5u in ML and the little but beutiful parlay, me happy

upload_2019-8-31_14-48-13.png

She was fucked as soon as she got rocked on the way in, the rest of the fight was her fighting half KO'd already. About as bad of a performance as someone can have.

When your opponent has horrible defense you don’t need good boxing to win

Especially in wmma

I think in this case too, people slept a bit on the pop that Zhang has on her punches. Rose was tuning Andrade up too when Jessica rushed her, but she didn't instantly put her on wobbly legs like Zhang did here. And the follow up clinch knees were way more crisp and fluid than you normally see in WMMA. Zhang knows what she's doing when it comes to looking for the finish. The elbows were borderline for sure, but with a standing opponent who's moving and turning their head away a ref is going to view that differently than when it's on the mat. (In other words if you turn away from an opponent standing while they are throwing strikes and get hit farther back than the ear, some of the culpability is on you--while on the mat almost all of the responsibility is on the attacking fighter because the person on their back has nowhere to move their head to).

Anyway, I think it's hard to blame people TOO much for not seeing this coming. There wasn't a lot of evidence that Zhang was capable of hurting Andrade so easily in exchanges. I was warning people here to be cautious about going too big on Andrade, but this scenario wasn't the reason why. I thought Andrade needed to fight exactly the way she did and bully Zhang. My concern with Andrade was actually that she might be too cautious and get caught up in a tactical range striking match where she lost a decision. I didn't envision Zhang blasting her and hurting her with a counter early on, then showing terrific finishing ability.

hedged Zhang ITD and profited about 2u

I still hate these kind of cards, idk why I torture myself. Now I'm just up at 7:43 AM and not sure what to do with myself

Go outside and get some fresh air! Summer's almost over homie, enjoy it. (You're probably in southern TX or something where it's like 110 degrees already ha ha).

I only got up in time to see the ME, but my lawn really needs to be mowed and I'm debating just how long I need to wait on a Saturday before I feel safe that I'm not pissing off my neighbors by cranking up the mower.

Congrats on the profitable card, enjoy the rest of your day. Spend the 2u on something fun, life is short!

You're almost certainly unsuccessful and broke.

It must feel good to tear down someone who can bet that much eh?
In his defence I think you're confusing betting big and actually having success long term.

Back