UFN 161 on ESPN+ 19 Jędrzejczyk vs Waterson

Club’n’sub is way more likely, but I stabbed Dern tko/ko @13.0. Ribas got tko’d by Viana and Dern seems to have legit gorilla power the way she knocked down Cooper.

that tko came from a slip in a fight she was winning

Dern may be in better shape but is her cardio really gonna be good? She credited breastfeeding for losing the weight (500 calories per day!). That doesn't sound like the kinda workout that's gonna keep you going into the 3rd round of an Ultimate Fight™. I doubt she's done much intense cardio in the last 18 months at all and I'd expect Ribas to fare much better going into the second half of the fight.

I think it’s Ribas fight to lose. Derns stand up is awful. Her takedowns are pretty bad too and i dont think they’re going to work against a judo player like Ribas who is physically stronger.

If Ribas doesn’t go for low iq head in arm takedowns she should be able to control the fight.

Dern has about 1 Rd of cardio then she starts to slow dramatically. She throws these goofy looking “power” punches and leaves her chin so exposed she could be knocked down by Cindy dandois (she was actually knocked down by Ashley Yoder)

she’s also missed weight, likely purposely, in all her ufc fights? How is she going to perform when shes not 10 lbs heavier than her opponent?

Are you still on vacation? This reads like someone who hasn't taped. Derns cardio has never been in question for me, and I view her as the much better striker. The open workouts were a big confidence increase, compare it to her last open workout, massive improvements in her striking.

Are you still on vacation? This reads like someone who hasn't taped. Derns cardio has never been in question for me, and I view her as the much better striker. The open workouts were a big confidence increase, compare it to her last open workout, massive improvements in her striking.
I’m back

light tape this week, been jet lagged especially earlier

I don’t watch open workouts, likely due to laziness.

I did watch tape on dern. There was a vast difference between rd 1 and rd 2 for dern regarding her output and overall physicality. That style is not sustainable for her for three rds

she swings wild arm punches, her defense is pretty non existent as far as head movement and movement overall. I do not like how open she leaves herself for counter punches.
Ashley Yoder, who’s striking is nothing to write home about, was winning most of the striking exchanges in that fight and actually knocked dern down

Ribas, on the other hand, looked to make a big jump in her striking during her layoff which is encouraging in this fight. She’s strong in the clinch, which is where dern likes to get fights.
On the feet I think dern is going to have a difficult fight on the feet and in the clinch

Haven't placed any bets yet, considering playing Vick @ +140.

I think his skill set is better than Niko's, but his chin is always a question.

Also gotta tape it but I think Ribas is worth a stab.

I really liked what I saw of Ribas striking vs Whitmire. Solid forward pressure cutting her off and countering well every time Whitmire tried to strike and push her back. Kept a nice guard and good straight shots as well going high and low combinations. Don't think it was too obvious given the speed of exchanges and relatively short amount of striking but imo it was solid. If you slow the exchanges down especially you can really see how effective it was using small headmovment to avoid Whitmires shots then countering in combination. Given the clear size height and length discrepancy between Ribas and Dern especially I really like her chances here in the striking. The Thai plum she went too will work great as well on a shorter opponent if she does get Dern there.

I like Ribas striking vs Whitmire bc she applied pressure, which shows that she mentally has a knack for striking

I didn’t like Ribas striking in open workout bc her technique still looks pretty ass. Don’t think she can actually do damage with her hands.

She has 3” reach, maybe she outspams, maybe she bullies in the clinch. But I think Dern is at least a slight fave standing up and a big fave if it goes to the ground

Coming in I was excited to bet Ribas, but after further analysis I want to pass

Haven't placed any bets yet, considering playing Vick @ +140.

I think his skill set is better than Niko's, but his chin is always a question.

Also gotta tape it but I think Ribas is worth a stab.
I would give Vick a ranged striking advantage but chin aside his defense is bad if he can't keep his distance. Price's fight iq doesn't impress me at all but he seems like the hungrier man here. I'd probably take a stab at +200 or better but I think Vick is back too soon after Hooker koed him. If it turns into a brawl at all I like Price here, he didn't look half bad on the scale either.

joanna-jedrzejczyk-michelle-waterson-ufc-on-espn-plus-19-weigh-ins1.jpg

cub-swanson-kron-gracie-ufc-on-espn-plus-19-weigh-ins.jpg

niko-price-james-vick-ufc-on-espn-plus-19-weigh-ins.jpg

mackenzie-dern-amanda-ribas-ufc-on-espn-plus-19-weigh-ins.jpg

matt-frevola-luis-pena-ufc-on-espn-plus-19-weigh-ins.jpg

eryk-anders-gerald-meerschaert-ufc-on-espn-plus-19-weigh-ins.jpg

ryan-spann-devin-clark-ufc-on-espn-plus-19-weigh-ins.jpg

thomas-gifford-mike-davis-ufc-on-espn-plus-19-weigh-ins.jpg

max-griffin-alex-morono-ufc-on-espn-plus-19-weigh-ins.jpg

deiveson-figueiredo-tim-elliott-ufc-on-espn-plus-19-weigh-ins.jpg

marlon-vera-andre-ewell-ufc-on-espn-plus-19-weigh-ins.jpg

miguel-baeza-hector-aldana-ufc-on-espn-plus-19-weigh-ins.jpg

marvin-vettori-andrew-sanchez-ufc-on-espn-plus-19-weigh-ins.jpg

jj-aldrich-lauren-mueller-ufc-on-espn-plus-19-weigh-ins.jpg

I wrote my opinion on how each of these fights go this weekend. Feel like some of you guys will appreciate the read.

Barry's UFC 243: WHITTAKER VS. ADESANYA Results:
QfGw1Gv.png
KR0TMA2.png
Barry's One-Play-a-Day Record: W8-L5-D1 Profit: $18.17

My MONSTER pick comes through. #easypeasy I don't like taking all the credit, but I'm going to pat myself on the back because just like the Patriots, yours truly just keeps on winning!

I want to let my fans, followers and BG1 bro's know I'm here for ya and we're making money together.

Life is too $hort it's like a footy game coming to an end with the ref "blowing the whistle" #whistleblowersareheroes

Might have another play. Sit tight and let Barry work his magic. I don't expect likes, thanks and kudos, but it's hella appreciated! I do not charge $$$ for my picks.

- Barry

Quite liking the +3.5 handicaps for Aldana and Sanchez. Two really close fights imo.
Also like the -5.5 for JJ.

Going massive on Swanson. Don't think Kron's got any way of reliably getting it to the mat, and there's a very good chance Swanson looks like a -400.

Liking Vick at almost 6/1 to sub Niko. Vick prob wont wanna take any more damage and Niko is sloppy

Price is the kind of guy to bet almost only as a dog.

Price is the kind of guy to bet almost only as a dog.
Except in this instance when a guy with big power is fighting a guy with horrible defensive flaws

fluke master price will cash tickets tomorrow

Thoughts on Gerald vs Eryk? I was not impressed with Anders koing a nobody in the first.

Back