UFN 95 - Cyborg vs Lansberg - Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
idk, Salt Lake City is higher and i dont think we saw anyone gas randomly in fights taking place there recently

hes already in brazil so he shouldnt suffer from jet lag or the altitude change

God damnit I was really looking forward to seeing Scoggins and now its off AGAIN.

Gregor I just read that he's an accomplished D1 wrestler. That takes a lot of SKILL. He's facing a guy who's looked pretty damned good on his UFC run so far but could Gregor's wrestling trump Glaico's aggression? I know Gregor should open as a dog being his debut. I don't know much about him though, so maybe someone familiar with the east coast wrestling scene can fill me in on his progression as an MMA fighter or his BJJ?

That's the type of information and resources I'm looking for when I come here, but if you're more content in discussing women's Air Punching Championships go on ahead.

If I come off sounding like an dick, oh well. It's constructive criticism IMO.
Gonna refresh my memory on Gillespie via tape watching probably tonight, but I'm ready to go in at dog odds. I completely disagree Franca has looked good. This event is at elevation and his gas tank is already complete garbage. His striking defense is just as bad, and he's not going to out wrestle Gillespie which is what he looks to do to everyone

Don't be surprised if Gregor opens as a favorite

hes already in brazil so he shouldnt suffer from jet lag or the altitude change

14145542_207783209636659_761100721_n.jpg

But just to make sure, he's been sleeping in an altitude tent...not so sure that those even work though

Altitude tent or not, Felder should have no problems cardio wise. Mark Henry (as long as hes been working with him) is known to count strikes during sparring and set an amount he wants to see thrown to help with both output and cardio. I'm confident so long as Paul is still here in NJ training for fights, he'll be at an advantage over Trinaldo who slows a bit (though with his pace not as much as some make it out to be) and is only getting older

Altitude tent or not, Felder should have no problems cardio wise. Mark Henry (as long as hes been working with him) is known to count strikes during sparring and set an amount he wants to see thrown to help with both output and cardio. I'm confident so long as Paul is still here in NJ training for fights, he'll be at an advantage over Trinaldo who slows a bit (though with his pace not as much as some make it out to be) and is only getting older

I remember you being higher on Trinaldo before his recent run too so assuming you like the style matchup here for Felder. I'm also on Felder but wondering if I should hedge a bit off if the line gets down to a pk or so.

I remember you being higher on Trinaldo before his recent run too so assuming you like the style matchup here for Felder. I'm also on Felder but wondering if I should hedge a bit off if the line gets down to a pk or so.
Yeah happy to say Trinaldo is one of the fighters i've been successful with everytime since gambling seriously (vs Laprise, Pearson, and Yancy). Honestly this is a tough fight to cap. I'm on the over, gonna put Felder round 3 in my longshot prop round robin and might put Trinaldo dec in my event round robin, but livebet is definitely the way to go here imo. Felder has all the tools to out point Trinaldo, or maybe even finish, but he still seems to have a hard time putting it together in the cage and his fight IQ leaves a lot to be desired. If hes not 100% on point with his decision making and matching Trinaldo's output, Trinaldo will definitely do enough to take the decision in what I expect to be a very close fight either way

Gonna refresh my memory on Gillespie via tape watching probably tonight, but I'm ready to go in at dog odds. I completely disagree Franca has looked good. This event is at elevation and his gas tank is already complete garbage. His striking defense is just as bad, and he's not going to out wrestle Gillespie which is what he looks to do to everyone

Don't be surprised if Gregor opens as a favorite

I'm actually not really too familiar with Franca. I've only seen his fight with Vick and thought he fought valiantly. And then I saw on wiki that he had like 3-4 RNCs on his way to winning the show, and 2 of which were over black belts. Additionally I was impressed by how big he is for the division. I JUST skimmed through Gregor's last fight on YouTube which was a split decision and he looked very green. Shooting from miles away, and his BJJ and control weren't on point. He got his back taken and flattened out in the first which is a big red flag against Glaico.

Would you play then play Glaico if he was a dog? Man it looks like a tough night for dogs this card I haven't found one yet.

Anyways wasn't aware this was at elevation either.

I'm actually not really too familiar with Franca. I've only seen his fight with Vick and thought he fought valiantly. And then I saw on wiki that he had like 3-4 RNCs on his way to winning the show, and 2 of which were over black belts. Additionally I was impressed by how big he is for the division. I just skimmed through Gregor's last fight which was a split decision and he looked very green. Shooting from miles away, and his BJJ and control weren't on point. He got his back taken and flattened out in the first which is a big red flag against Glaico.

Would you play then play Glaico if he was a dog? Man it looks like a tough night for dogs this card I haven't found one yet.

I don't wanna throw my play out yet because I definitely need to watch tape on Gillespie and need to see where lines are at for this one. Been awhile since I watched any of his fights, and haven't even seen the split decision you're referring too (or at least have zero recollection). If lines are released before I can watch tape i'll just hold off, not going to let a reactive play on a rookie fuck me over. I'd rather take him -130 and be confident, than at +130 and worry when I watch tape i'll second guess myself.

Hes definitely green as hell, thats the only red flag to me. Otherwise this would be a tough fight for Glaico. Hes always looking to hug on the fence and work tds. Granted, even high level wrestlers go through a transition of adapting to MMA which you're seeing in the footage, but we're talking an incredibly high level when speaking of Gillespie. I just have a very hard time seeing Glaico get Gillespie to the mat on his terms, and if he tries and fails its going to tax his very bad cardio. If somehow Gregor can't take him down, its hard to still be too concerned when Glaico has some novice level striking defense.

Yeah shoutout to I think it was quincyk pointing out the elevation. As iGnP mentioned its roughly the same as Salt Lake City whcih didn't seem to bother anyone except maybe the HWs, but that card didn't have any notorious gassers. Glaico is just that

I'm actually not really too familiar with Franca. I've only seen his fight with Vick and thought he fought valiantly. And then I saw on wiki that he had like 3-4 RNCs on his way to winning the show, and 2 of which were over black belts. Additionally I was impressed by how big he is for the division. I JUST skimmed through Gregor's last fight on YouTube which was a split decision and he looked very green. Shooting from miles away, and his BJJ and control weren't on point. He got his back taken and flattened out in the first which is a big red flag against Glaico.

you nailed it

franca was amazing on tuf. had a gargantuan bet on him in the finale, was easy $

gotta watch mroe on this wrestler, but yea, i think franca can take his back

After watching what I could find of Gillespie. I firmly favor Franca

Cyborg still 24lbs over weight....

If Barao/Santos/Nelson all come through in my square 4 teamer i'm definitely hedging. For as good as Cyborg is, one of these days shes gonna fight someone who just hits her body and runs and takes advantage of these massive cuts.

i really fucking hate the ufc lately. first i hear raging al say they're treating him like pure shit and aren't paying him enough, plus he's that poor he's driving a shitty car and having to get a second job...

now they can't let cyborg just fucking fight at 145lbs after seeing that horrible weight cut video?

absolutely disgusting

So watched novers last two fights really cant see what he can threaten barao with. He is never taking barao down and his stand up consists of literally just kicks. His tdd isnt the best and the asian guy who got completely robbed was fairly close to cinching an arm triangle. Could see barao locking that up. The stephens fight was really close stephens maybe edged r3 in the last 30 secs.i think barao just had a fairly easy run at bw and tj is a horrible fight for him. Think he has some left in the tank for sure.

Silva chagas anyone? Chagas looked great in his debut in r1 and i know a draw was a joke he should have got the nod. Cant really remember too much about him tho...

Silva chagas anyone? Chagas looked great in his debut in r1 and i know a draw was a joke he should have got the nod. Cant really remember too much about him tho...
Very interested to see where lines open on this. Will more than likely determine my play, but we'll see. Want to rewatch Chagas vs Sergio and Silva vs Taleb

Very interested to see where lines open on this. Will more than likely determine my play, but we'll see. Want to rewatch Chagas vs Sergio and Silva vs Taleb

I think silva will look to ground him. Cant remember what chagas' ground game looked like

I think silva will look to ground him. Cant remember what chagas' ground game looked like
Chagas is primarily a grappler so idk about that lol just that he fought the best pure BJJ guy besides Maia at WW in his first fight. My initial lean is definitely the talented prospect to beat USADA era Silva, but this is a much different fight than Sergio Moraes so definitely need to try to get some tape watch in

Chagas is primarily a grappler so idk about that lol just that he fought the best pure BJJ guy besides Maia at WW in his first fight. My initial lean is definitely the talented prospect to beat USADA era Silva, but this is a much different fight than Sergio Moraes so definitely need to try to get some tape watch in

For some reason i thought he was a striker i seem to remember him smashing moraes on the feet. Have i got the right person lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back