Social UK breaks record for hottest day ever.

Not joking, if you are over heating get your hair wet with cold water. Put a wet towel around your neck and take off your shirt. Sit down and drink some water.

Zero excuse to die unless it's 140+

So…

why are people repeatedly dying in the Thames this year?

Oooof stay in the shade and keep hydrated you pasty cunts.

I really don't miss British humidity, it used to be miserable.
I'd be willing to part with a couple of grand for a portable air con unit with these temperatures. I always think of wildlife when temperatures soar.

Keep hydrated an in the shade if you don't have AC. But my predictions from 2011 on Sherdog coming true. I said by "2021 decade later" it's already to late to undo the damage can slow it but cannot stop it. Good for me I live up north where temperatures rise but make winters more liveable.

True but didn't Arizona set a record for consecutive 100 degree days not long ago?
It's 110+ in AZ during the summer all the time.

Edit here it is almost half a year.

cropped-recordfriday102-1.jpg

It's 110+ in AZ during the summer all the time.

Yep.

It's also pushing 100 in many Mediterranean/North African places every summer in which millions upon millions of Brits PAY for the privilege having a hot summer holiday .

Just more of the government telling us to be afraid. Fear mongering. It was said a while back, covid would be the entry point to continuous lockdowns and government fear mongering over any topic they choose.

40 is high for the UK but I remember the odd rare summer heatwave as a kid in the late 30s. NONE of this fear mongering - in fact, it was vaguely celebrated in the media because we never had good Summers.

I wonder what mightve changed...

Daytime news used to be like "great news for sun lovers, Britain's finally getting a proper summer - it's gonna be in the mid 30s, stay safe and enjoy!"

Hm.

I saw a british meteorologist claiming that there would be significant heat related deaths, is that the case?

I saw a british meteorologist claiming that there would be significant heat related deaths, is that the case?
apparently, in 2003, the last heat wave like this, there was 70K dead, the euros cant handle this type of heat due to lack of AC units in conventional homes.

We had 41 degrees celsius today in Paris, which is quite terrible because there are no A/C's in many of the places...
2019 summer we had it worse, that's when I went out and bought an A/C unit.
In general the attitudes here are quite ridiculous, each and every Frenchie tells me that "It's only hot for a few months every year, so why have an A/C" and during those few hot months these morons don't get any work done, all they do is complain how hot it is while they sit in their non-airconditioned homes and offices..

This is 100% the fault of human-caused climate change.
Absolute bollocks! It's called 'weather.'
When things get incredibly cold we don't hear a peep about climate change. Also the amount of Co2 is not high despite what the propaganda tells us. There have been times in history when there was 5 times as much as we have now, and temperatures 12-16 degrees warmer.
Soon we will be told that we have to endure climate lockdowns which means of course more freedoms taken away.

Have a listen to this guy instead of the politicians and activists who have been indoctrinating us all for years.
https://www.podbean.com/site/EpisodeDownload/PB1272C07Y7SPT

This heat wave over Europe right now is insane. Humidity is very high in most places and we dont have the infrastructure for it (like AC). Obviously not as bad as Arizona or something, but we're northeners ffs.

Back