International UK passes bill to send illegal migrants to poverty stricken Rwanda

Compared to the ethics of allowing near unchecked immigration to one's nation at the expense of the citizens of the nation in term of security and expenditure of resources to deal with the influx once there.

If you can't take care of your citizen's needs first its the height of arrogance to believe you can take care of the needs of practically any foreign nation's citizens and it should be considered a treasonous action to put foreign national concerns above your own people. At the very least a history of showing such should be cause for removal from office. It shows your priorities are flawed to hold your position. You are a servant of your nation's people, not the world's.
leonardo-dicaprio-clapping.gif

Compared to the ethics of allowing near unchecked immigration to one's nation at the expense of the citizens of the nation in term of security and expenditure of resources to deal with the influx once there.

If you can't take care of your citizen's needs first its the height of arrogance to believe you can take care of the needs of practically any foreign nation's citizens and it should be considered a treasonous action to put foreign national concerns above your own people. At the very least a history of showing such should be cause for removal from office. It shows your priorities are flawed to hold your position. You are a servant of your nation's people, not the world's.
They're apparently asylum seekers. They should be settling in any safe haven, and Rwanda has been declared a safe haven, they should have no complaints if they just wanna go somewhere and get a job, live their lives etc. But we both know that isn't what they want. They want government benefits, which is why they aren't happy with this arrangement.
While these points are valid, these regions have been exploited by Europeans for a long time. Now they are being used as dumping grounds for undesirables. It's hard not to look at as a vulgar act also, even if it contributes to a just cause in removing unwanted illegal immigrants.

From wiki

"The Berlin Conference of 1884 assigned the territory of Rwanda to the German Empire, who declared it to be part of German East Africa.... In 1897, Germany established a presence in Rwanda with the formation of an alliance with the king, beginning the colonial era.The Germans did not significantly alter the social structure of the country, but exerted influence by supporting the king and the existing hierarchy, and delegating power to local chiefs. Belgian forces invaded Rwanda and Burundi in 1916, during World War I, and later, in 1922, they started to rule both Rwanda and Burundi as a League of Nations mandate called Ruanda-Urundi and started a period of more direct colonial rule."

While these points are valid, these regions have been exploited by Europeans for a long time. Now they are being used as dumping grounds for undesirables. It's hard not to look at as a vulgar act also, even if it contributes to a just cause in removing unwanted illegal immigrants.

From wiki

"The Berlin Conference of 1884 assigned the territory of Rwanda to the German Empire, who declared it to be part of German East Africa.... In 1897, Germany established a presence in Rwanda with the formation of an alliance with the king, beginning the colonial era.The Germans did not significantly alter the social structure of the country, but exerted influence by supporting the king and the existing hierarchy, and delegating power to local chiefs. Belgian forces invaded Rwanda and Burundi in 1916, during World War I, and later, in 1922, they started to rule both Rwanda and Burundi as a League of Nations mandate called Ruanda-Urundi and started a period of more direct colonial rule."
The history of Man is the history of individuals, groups, nations exploiting their neighbors. It's not just the West that has done so, it's just that most Western nations were better at it. That does not mean that the West bears any sort of collectivist guilt over what their ancestors have done to achieve success for their people. If we hold to that inherited guilt then ALL nations, ethnic groups, tribes, etc owe reparations of some form to their neighbors because all have questionable histories of predatory or exploitative actions against their neighbors at some point in their history.

Western white people have this never ending need to be guilty of something, to flagellate themselves for the sins of their forefathers, to beg forgiveness for their successes.

France better smarten up about its immigration policies.

Leeching off the welfare system and wreaking havoc on its infrastructures. Gee, I wonder what value these fuckers bring to the country.

That is integration in its purest form. Rioting is an integral part of French culture, it is woven into the very fabric of their being.

The history of Man is the history of individuals, groups, nations exploiting their neighbors. It's not just the West that has done so, it's just that most Western nations were better at it. That does not mean that the West bears any sort of collectivist guilt over what their ancestors have done to achieve success for their people. If we hold to that inherited guilt then ALL nations, ethnic groups, tribes, etc owe reparations of some form to their neighbors because all have questionable histories of predatory or exploitative actions against their neighbors at some point in their history.

Western white people have this never ending need to be guilty of something, to flagellate themselves for the sins of their forefathers, to beg forgiveness for their successes.

Re. collective guilt:
The Western world is Christian. And the rightwing idenfitifies with and promotes Christianity the most. In Christianity ever generation that followed Adam and Eve carry the guilt of Adam and Eve.

Re. collective guilt:
The Western world is Christian. And the rightwing idenfitifies with and promotes Christianity the most. In Christianity ever generation that followed Adam and Eve carry the guilt of Adam and Eve.
Yes, I am familiar with the concept of original sin. I believe the history of the Church's influence on the developement of Western society has a big part to play in this neurotic societal guilty that has developed. It's no longer simply a means to try and moderate the actions of society toward a less predatory existence but more a psychotic habit like continually picking at a scab. Actually its more like cutting. Western society has become psychological and social cutters, inflicting pain on itself one slice of self-destructive bad decisions at a time.

I wonder if there's a hotel Rwanda Rishi will pay for to remove those unwanted people

Honestly, one of the most embarrassing 'stunts' during my lifetime, this.

Utterly, utterly ridiculous.

If you sat down with some dimwitted kids and said "immigration is a problem, what should we do", "send them to Timbuktu (Mali, I know)" is the kind of response you'd expect. This is actual policy, though, created by real politicians who know for a fact it's nonsense.

This scheme has already cost £290 million. It has another £100 million allocated to it for 2 years.

The Rwanda scheme will remove no more than 5,000 people per year, and there is literally nothing stopping them just travelling round and having another go...

Fucking.

Retarded.

I know the supposed 'cruelty' will appeal to some, I don't even consider it that cruel. It's just moronic. Just put up a £300 million "please don't come here" jewel-encrusted sign, it will be equally effective and nearly £100 million cheaper.
''I know the supposed 'cruelty' will appeal to some,''

that's pretty much it, otherwise nothing in this makes sense

Curious as to why you think this plan is so unworkable and unreasonable.

Australia managed to massively reduce the number of boats by adopting a similar tactic.

Also curious as to what you would do to stop the boats coming.

Have you seen the breakdowns of the cost and the expected numbers being flown out per year?

It's utterly ridiculous.

I don't know anything about Australia's policy so you'd have to fill me in there or point out where to start looking.

I think Labour actually have the right policy on this one. Target the gangs that are sending people, increased sharing of intelligence (disrupted by Brexit), set up infrastructure not only on our shores, but European shores, and stop the boats setting off.

It's too late once they've got here. The Tories know that, they're just insisting on this giant pink elephant of a policy that costs hundreds and hundreds of millions to deal with a few thousand people.

Really the turnback policy is the most simple.

Article 98 of the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea 1982 (LOSC) mandates that every state require its ships “to render assistance to any person found at sea in danger of being lost”.

This absolutely applies to any craft intending an unauthorised crossing of one of the most busy and dangerous shipping channels on earth. The fact so many of them die attempting is very much proof of how they're "in danger of being lost" from the moment they set out.

Back