News Umar Nurmagomedov Back in action against Bekzat Almakhan

IneedSometop

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Umar is set to fight against Bekzat Amakhan(14-1) at Fight Night 238 on March 2nd. Pretty underwhelming booking imo. I know people are going to say he's being ducked etc, but I am sure he could have gotten someone ranked in the top 15 that's behind him or just outside the ranking and not guy who's debuting. Hopefully it's a good fight and this guy can at least make Umar break a sweat.

What say you?

Umar is set to fight against Bekzat Amakhan(14-1) at Fight Night 238 on March 2nd. Pretty underwhelming booking imo. I know people are going to say he's being ducked etc, but I am sure he could have gotten someone ranked in the top 15 that's behind him or just outside the ranking and not guy who's debuting. Hopefully it's a good fight and this guy can at least make Umar break a sweat.

What say you?
Waste of a match up for both guys. I'll still watch tho.

He needs to openly call out fighters in interviews. Force their hand.

Waste of a match up for both guys. I'll still watch tho.
I agree I'll still watch but silly booking and a throwaway fight for Umar all risk no reward. Other guy can definitely make a statement if he's even competitive for 2 rounds

He needs to openly call out fighters in interviews. Force their hand.
Yeah he does it really sucks that he got injured when he was scheduled to fight Corey. I was hoping Umar would get someone like Jonathan Martinez, Font, or Chris Gutierrez. He needs someone with a number next to their name

I agree I'll still watch but silly booking and a throwaway fight for Umar all risk no reward. Other guy can definitely make a statement if he's even competitive for 2 rounds
He lands anything substantial on Umar and he's exposed him, or so it goes in the MMA Fandom.

I agree, the kid has an excellent chance to make a huge statement.

Yeah he does it really sucks that he got injured when he was scheduled to fight Corey. I was hoping Umar would get someone like Jonathan Martinez, Font, or Chris Gutierrez. He needs someone with a number next to their name
I was actually hoping for Dom Cruz, it'd be a good name to have on his Resume and push him into the top 10.

He lands anything substantial on Umar and he's exposed him, or so it goes in the MMA Fandom.

I agree, the kid has an excellent chance to make a huge statement.
Can't wait for the inevitable Umar never was good after he hast 15 seconds of minor adversity in the fight

I was actually hoping for Dom Cruz, it'd be a good name to have on his Resume and push him into the top 10.
It makes sense but I hate it so much I don't want to see Dom as a sacrificial lamb. Dom does need to fight or retire though

If they wanted a gimme fight for Umar that would let him make a name for himself, they would have made the fight vs Dom. So, I'm curious why this was made. Like you said, all risk, no reward, waste of a match up.

Back