Media Umar Nurmagomedov on fighting Merab Dvalishvili: “I see no threat in him”

Who would win a potential fight?

• Total voters
As a finishing threat, I agree, but Merab has beaten elite fighters so I dont agree with Umar about him not being a threat. Dont think I've ever seen anyone like Merab, the work rate, the relentlessness, very unique fighter. I think Umar needs to finish Merab because even though Umar might be a better traditional grappler, I dont think his cardio will hold up to Merab's brand of balls-to-the-wall volume grappling.

As a finishing threat, I agree, but Merab has beaten elite fighters so I dont agree with Umar about him not being a threat. Dont think I've ever seen anyone like Merab, the work rate, the relentlessness, very unique fighter. I think Umar needs to finish Merab because even though Umar might be a better traditional grappler, I dont think his cardio will hold up to Merab's brand of balls-to-the-wall volume grappling.
To me there are some similarities to what topuria was saying about Volk. Of course Volk is a big threat but when you don't have to worry about any overwhelming skill or ko threat, it can make things easier. With that said, Merab is still a tough one to crack as he has well rounded skills particularly grappling and cardio. Yes his striking isn't stellar and someone will put him out at some point, but not sure that is Umar personally.

The Umar nut-hugging is preposterous. Ducked Sandhagen & couldn't even finish Nate Maness. But yeah he beats the best BW in the world.

It's crazy how quick some are to proclaim someone without a top 30 win as the best. Last-name privilege like a motherfucker.

Umar bravely fought to a decision against both Sidemar Honorio and the great Nate Maness, it's only natural that everyone is terrified of these wrestlers.
Who is/was lining up to fight these guys when on the up.

Back