Underrated ability to absorb punishment

Chris Lytle had 50+ fights and only got TKOed twice with both by doctor stoppage

I don't like him, but Tyron Woodley was really quite durable. Even past his prime was very difficult to finish in a fight.

I don't know if I've EVER seen a heavyweight absorb damage like Cabbage.

Who was that Pride guy who ate about 50 flush uppercuts and power shots from Goodridge?

I don't think he was that way his whole career, but Scott Smith vs Pete Sell is a good single example of absorbed damage turned into a fight winning KO.

Smith was getting beat up pretty good, Sell doubled him over with a body shot, came in for the kill but had a surprise waiting for him.

Tony Ferguson. Has absorbed ridiculous concussive punishment. Max Holloway too. Never KO'd in a fight, but CTE will surely be part of his life. I don't know how their chins are "rated" but damn, could they take a hit and keep their composure.

Tony Ferguson. Has absorbed ridiculous concussive punishment. Max Holloway too. Never KO'd in a fight, but CTE will surely be part of his life. I don't know how their chins are "rated" but damn, could they take a hit and keep their composure.
It is what it is!

Young Cabbage had an insane chin and the guy was fighting fucking behemoths not scrawny, dehydrated men.

I don't like him, but Tyron Woodley was really quite durable. Even past his prime was very difficult to finish in a fight.
Man he can take some shots. I was quite impressed. With usman he legit absorbed 200 body shots. I was like wtf??? Do something tyron. But then he was past it at the time anyway. Mind wasn't In it.

He got kod by nate not cause of chin, more due to exhaustion. He took so many shots before he went down.

Insane chin in His prime. Even now he only get kod by chandler cause he dint see that shot coming.

Back