Undeserving top contenders and champion in in ONE Championship

strongstylekarate

Nokia will beat Apple 2019
Banned
Reaction score
OK I just watched yesterday One Champ Aung Sang defended his belt *easily* against a unworthy contender,

I wonder where ONE gets their contenders?

And Brandon Vera is their Champion?! WTF!

The guy he fought was I believe the champion in a regional promotion Dessert FC or something like that.

They are starting to try and bring in champions from other promotions to fight their champions.

Brandon vera is facing Mauro Cerilli the Cage Warriors Hw champ in ONE (AND IN MY WORLD CUP LOL)

You can't expect a DEEP hw pool in that region ppl aren't that big lol.But Vera is actually a very solid hw he deserves some HESPECT lol.

Last edited:
ONE should just combine the MW-HW and have Aung La N Sang run the division. Superfight between him and Vera is the best fight possible.

ONE should just combine the MW-HW and have Aung La N Sang run the division. Superfight between him and Vera is the best fight possible.
If Vera wins his next fight and Aung La wins again I can see them making this fight, it would be the biggest money fight they could make IMO

Ataides can still beat Aung, Karaki was cause Ataides wasn't available. And a 225-lb Vera may be too much for Aung at light-heavyweight.

If he can beat all of them and there aren't any good free agents available at middleweight (if ACB runs into problems with contract negotiations, Duraev would be a solid pick-up for ONE) by this time next year, they said they're expanding into Italy, so a one-night, four-man all-undefeated-Italians tournament to decide Aung's next title-challenger would be a pretty cool way to get him an interesting contender. Italians can be pretty big, so that'd even things out as far as random-athleticism goes. That could at least buy them some time until a good free agent pops up.

I predict ONE's gonna have Bigdash vs. Hasegawa for their Japan event next year, and Aung's fights with both of them were very close and highly entertaining, so that guy on a three-fight winning streak would be a very intriguing opponent.

Ataides can still beat Aung, Karaki was cause Ataides wasn't available. And a 225-lb Vera may be too much for Aung at light-heavyweight.

If he can beat all of them and there aren't any good free agents available at middleweight (if ACB runs into problems with contract negotiations, Duraev would be a solid pick-up for ONE) by this time next year, they said they're expanding into Italy, so a one-night, four-man all-undefeated-Italians tournament to decide Aung's next title-challenger would be a pretty cool way to get him an interesting contender. Italians can be pretty big, so that'd even things out as far as random-athleticism goes. That could at least buy them some time until a good free agent pops up.

I predict ONE's gonna have Bigdash vs. Hasegawa for their Japan event next year, and Aung's fights with both of them were very close and highly entertaining, so that guy on a three-fight winning streak would be a very intriguing opponent.
Someone asked aung la why Leandro atides didn’t get his title shot. Aung la simply said “he didn’t sign the contract”. So there’s that.

Someone asked aung la why Leandro atides didn’t get his title shot. Aung la simply said “he didn’t sign the contract”. So there’s that.

Is the dude still with Evolve? Sherdog says he's with Aldo's gym now but that's not 100% reliable

Is the dude still with Evolve? Sherdog says he's with Aldo's gym now but that's not 100% reliable
I didn’t even noticed that. I also checked his tapology and instagram page, I think he’s no longer with evolve mma.

I didn’t even noticed that. I also checked his tapology and instagram page, I think he’s no longer with evolve mma.

LOL that's probably why he hasn't got his shot. Evolve is brutal when it comes to axing their posterboys and putting to pasture fighters they can't push like it's WWE:

Zoro Moreira - went from getting a title shot to quitting MMA completely and the gym completely and now teaches jiu jitsu at his own place

Herbert Burns - not given an fights in One, had to go on social media to make a stink

Radeem Rahman - went from being
marketed a hometown hero to being thrown in the cage with Imanari

What happened to Eddie Ng, Brian Choi, Tommy Yang Seung Ho? Why is Amir Khan getting a title shot but Shannon Wiratchai getting Aoki? Don't be surprised when they start to phase out Aoki and Dedjamrong
in the near future

How soon till we see A youtube video by Demtrious Johnson telling us how Evolve is the greatest camp in the world with the best world champions all under one roof, despite having never had a camp there his entire career?

Shit is so predictable with these guys

LOL that's probably why he hasn't got his shot. Evolve is brutal when it comes to axing their posterboys and putting to pasture fighters they can't push like it's WWE:

Zoro Moreira - went from getting a title shot to quitting MMA completely and the gym completely and now teaches jiu jitsu at his own place

Herbert Burns - not given an fights in One, had to go on social media to make a stink

What happened to Eddie Ng, Brian Choi, Tommy Yang Seung Ho? Why is Amir Khan getting a title shot but Shannon Wiratchai getting Aoki? Don't be surprised when they start to phase out Aoki and Dedjamrong
in the near future

How soon till we see A youtube video by Demtrious Johnson telling us how Evolve is the greatest camp in the world with the best world champions all under one roof, despite having never had a camp there his entire career?

A lot of truth right here.

Anyone who sits here and tries to figure out what ONE is doing, good luck. You have to be a one hell of a hardcore follower to even know 5 people fighting on any of there cards. A majority of what they do is look for the local cheap pop more times than not. So far it seems to be working a little bit but at the same time they are hemorrhaging money and it seems to all go to production and advertising. More they spend the more debt they get, not good from a business standpoint.

Personally, I think there is some truth of rumors that ONE is more or less laundering money for the underworld in that part of the world. Honestly, it makes more sense than anything else.

Their commentators recently insisted that Aung Sang was 'the best middleweight in the world' during the broadcast of his fight a few months ago,

<YeahOKJen>

Meanwhile Angela Lee has beaten a bunch of absolute stiffs. Go to the Fight Finder and look at the W-L records of her opponents.

in the near future

Yeah, once Jake Butler started losing they stopped pushing him too.

Their commentators recently insisted that Aung Sang was 'the best middleweight in the world' during the broadcast of his fight a few months ago,

<YeahOKJen>

Meanwhile Angela Lee has beaten a bunch of absolute stiffs. Go to the Fight Finder and look at the W-L records of her opponents.

I'm fully convinced they were building up that chinese girl just to feed her to angela

I'm fully convinced they were building up that chinese girl just to feed her to angela
Regrettably, they haven't found anybody good for Xiong to face before now. That said, the best Angela Lee has faced is v.v Mei, who gave Angela two tough fights.

Angela Lee is in for the fight of her life next month. Xiong isn't just a padded record, and Angela Lee won't have a size advantage this time, either.

Leandro fights quite seldomly. I believe the turnaround for this fight was much too soon for him. Hopefully we'll see him tight Aung La very soon.
To be honest, im on board the Burmese Python bandwagon...Aung La is my favourite middleweight now.
As much as his abilities are overhyped by ONE, the love and admiration for him from the Burmese people is 100% real. I work with a lot of Burmese guys who all say he's a national sporting icon and an inspiration to young men there.
Also, I would say he has greatly improved under henry hooft and sparring with the likes of Luke Rockhold and Volkan.

What happened to Eddie Ng

He's head strength and conditioning coach at ONE in Singapore as far as I know.

Edit: Evolve not ONE...oops

Last edited:
Personally, I think there is some truth of rumors that ONE is more or less laundering money for the underworld in that part of the world. Honestly, it makes more sense than anything else.

I would not be surprised in the least.
Chatri Sityodtong is suspect as hell.

I will just keep enjoying their thoroughly entertaining events until the wheels fall off.

Also this feels like the place to brag that I scored free ringside tickets to next weekend's event in Singapore.
<Moves>

Expanding into Italy?!

These dudes are going to burn through cash faster than Al Haymon and the PBC.

I guess it's not that easy to find a quality heavyweight in the Asian scene
For what its worth Vera has more HW competition in Rizin than One but truly he should be in the US.

I would not be surprised in the least.
Chatri Sityodtong is suspect as hell.

I will just keep enjoying their thoroughly entertaining events until the wheels fall off.

Also this feels like the place to brag that I scored free ringside tickets to next weekend's event in Singapore.
<Moves>

I like Aung too. UFC should invest in a guy like that but more likely he'll end up "joining" the Evolve fight team

in the near future

Yeah, one fc be doing sketchy shit.

Back