Social University of Florida fires all DEI employees, halts contracts

Should american education move away from DEI initiatives?

• Yes, they are toxic for society.

Votes: 86 89.6%
  • No, they are good for society.

Votes: 10 10.4%

• Total voters
DEI was always going to die as it is cancer, the question is, will it kill the host? Good on Florida for leading the way and ripping it out. This needs to be systematically done throughout the U.S.A.

iu

I had to quote this because it’s just so weird. I mean…what? I am staunchly anti-Netanyahu and have been for years. I don’t even know if I have a single post commenting on the Israel-Gaza situation. You just made some bullshit up and pulled that right out of your ass.

I think you are the one that’s confused. There are 101 topics in this course; your being uncomfortable with a couple of them doesn’t make it indoctrination.

The final project for this course requires the student to take any topic of their choosing (the teacher cannot choose it, and it is noted that almost any single sentence in the entire course could be used for deeper exploration), conduct an independent inquiry, develop an argument of the student’s choosing using 4 different research sources, develop their own perspective, and present an argument. They are graded not on their POV on the topic in question, but on how well they adhere to the independent research and argument criteria.

—That’s the literal opposite of indoctrination. If you were in that class, and wanted to make your whole final project about “queer theory” being bullshit, you’d have the freedom to do just that.

My bad. I had you mixed up with @kflo. You're @BFoe.

You typed out a lot just to say: "far left indoctrination doesn't count because reasons".
Are you being deliberately dense? You’re trolling me, you have to be.

indoctrination—
he process of teaching a person or group to accept a set of beliefs uncritically.

That AP course exposing students to a huge range of various ideas while being allowed to think whatever they want about them, is not indoctrination.

The GOP position, which you are supporting, of systematically removing any idea which conflicts with their own political beliefs, is indoctrination by definition.

Come on now @Mr Holmes this isn’t difficult.

Are you being deliberately dense? You’re trolling me, you have to be.

indoctrination—
he process of teaching a person or group to accept a set of beliefs uncritically.

That AP course exposing students to a huge range of various ideas while being allowed to think whatever they want about them, is not indoctrination.

The GOP position, which you are supporting, of systematically removing any idea which conflicts with their own political beliefs, is indoctrination by definition.

Come on now @Mr Holmes this isn’t difficult.
The course sounds super objective.

<YeahOKJen>

No money was saved, they are paying everyone 12 weeks pay to sit on their ass.
I have researched all of Desantis anti woke policy changes and typically he hooks up donors(or family members of donors or his college roommates law firm), not sure if this one does but the 12 week severance package like all his other policies are costing tax payers money.
It is quite a good con, get the Rubes all riled up with woke shit, and then transfer tax dollars to your buddies. It is quite a good hustle if you can find a group than like to get manipulated by their emotions.
How do you feel about FSU's athletic dept getting over $20 million every year from tax payers just to stay in the black?

<BC1>

Countless studies show more diverse workplaces have happier and more productive employees. Studies also show students want diverse schools.

what division? Where does it exist?
You know what makes happier, more productive employees? A boss that hires the best person for the job and fires the person who can't do it. Students want to be left alone and learn. They don't want to accosted by some DEI department lead applying a label to them that does nothing more than perpetuate division.

DEI at it's very roots starts from a premise of division. It exists across classrooms in this country by labeling people (students in this case) as either disadvantaged minorities or those who have benefited from systemic racism.

You know what makes happier, more productive employees? A boss that hires the best person for the job and fires the person who can't do it. Students want to be left alone and learn. They don't want to accosted by some DEI department lead applying a label to them that does nothing more than perpetuate division.

DEI at it's very roots starts from a premise of division. It exists across classrooms in this country by labeling people (students in this case) as either disadvantaged minorities or those who have benefited from systemic racism.

Again, there are countless studies that research this topic that show students value diversity in their student body and staff and workers in diverse workplaces are more likely to stay with that employer, more productive, etc. You don't seem to be even attempting to argue that's not what research shows. You're not attempting to argue studies show people are unhappy in these environments.

It seems you're admitting the only place these divisions exist is in your head.

How do you feel about FSU's athletic dept getting over $20 million every year from tax payers just to stay in the black?

<BC1>
They make enough money and should not get it either. I would be OK with that money going to the university of Florida so they could finally hsve s relevant football team. They have not been any good since Urban Meyer started faking hesrt problems.

The course sounds super objective.

<YeahOKJen>

The dropped my daughters AP psychology class because it discussed sex. Don’t worry DeSantis has been back pedaling on the book bans because it’s polling badly. The weird thing if he is so worried about sex is why does he let the Mom for Liberty swinger chick who films 3-somes with her husband stay on the Disney board ? Only thing I can think of is she is good friends with Ron and Casey DeSantis and might have video of them too.

They make enough money and should not get it either. I would be OK with that money going to the university of Florida so they could finally hsve s relevant football team. They have not been any good since Urban Meyer started faking hesrt problems.
Yet you still support FSU. Interdasting...
Maybe FSU should use it instead to finally have a relevant basketball program.

Yet you still support FSU. Interdasting...
Maybe FSU should use it instead to finally have a relevant basketball program.
Poor little Gator fans reduced to bragging about basketball. What a glorious day for Noles fans.
I don’t blame you, losing record the last 3 years in football and probably again this year. I guess next you will be talking about women’s softball or some other sport that does not fucking matter.

Poor little Gator fans reduced to bragging about basketball. What a glorious day for Noles fans.
I don’t blame you, losing record the last 3 years in football and probably again this year. I guess next you will be talking about women’s softball or some other sport that does not fucking matter.
Poor little Nole fans reduced to thinking that college basketball doesn't matter in March. What a glorious day for Gator fans.
I don't blame you though since you need to steal over $22 million annually for tax payers for your athletic dept to break even (and you were okay with it for some reason).

Poor little Nole fans reduced to thinking that college basketball doesn't matter in March. What a glorious day for Gator fans.
I don't blame you though since you need to steal over $22 million annually for tax payers for your athletic dept to break even (and you were okay with it for some reason).
Get back to me when the Gators football team has more wins than loses. After this year it will be a 4 year streak of not even being 5 hundo. All my Gator friends are as angry as you watching Gators losing more than they win this last 3 years.
Don’t worry you can brag about basketball. Everyone knows schools in the Deep South would rather have a good basketball team over a football team or at least you can tell that lie to yourself that everybody else in the Deep South would laugh their ass off hearing someone say it. So what are you hoping at least an Elite 8 for Gators basketball? I don’t follow college basketball too closely anymore since nobody good hangs out for more than 2 years. Football has always been king in Florida and the Gators currently suck at it.

Get back to me when the Gators football team has more wins than loses. After this year it will be a 4 year streak of not even being 5 hundo. All my Gator friends are as angry as you watching Gators losing more than they win this last 3 years.
Don’t worry you can brag about basketball. Everyone knows schools in the Deep South would rather have a good basketball team over a football team or at least you can tell that lie to yourself that everybody else in the Deep South would laugh their ass off hearing someone say it. So what are you hoping at least an Elite 8 for Gators basketball? I don’t follow college basketball too closely anymore since nobody good hangs out for more than 2 years. Football has always been king in Florida and the Gators currently suck at it.
Get back to me when you're no longer stealing over $22 million from taxpayers for your athletic dept to stay in the black. Which you are admittedly okay with.
Basketball is one of the main reasons y'all ran scared from the SEC and joined the ACC. You literally hang banners just for making the tournament. <Lmaoo>
"But what about...!" <Lmaoo>

According to a recent statistical analysis and examination of financial reports by The Chronicle, only 10 athletic departments of the 40 (205 total surveyed) who reported giving money to their universities for academic purposes “gave more money back to the campus than the departments received in subsidies”, a disappointing number.

Louisiana State University
Purdue University
The Ohio State University
The University of Alabama
The University of Florida
The University of Kentucky
The Univeristy of Michigan
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln
The University of Oklahoma
The University of Texas at Austin

:cool:

Never once have I figured out what DEI people do other than post some bulletins in the workplace bathrooms and create HR issues.
When I was at UF they set up a designated "safe space" for minority and LGBT students only who could potentially get triggered because some people in small towns in the state still fly confederate flags. I guess that counts for something?

Never once have I figured out what DEI people do other than post some bulletins in the workplace bathrooms and create HR issues.

Good ones are good at leading training on uncomfortable subjects and good at finding qualified candidates from backgrounds that your job postings might not be reaching. Bad ones do what you're talking about. I've had both.

Go ahead and send them some money then. You can fund it, not the taxpayers, whom were fronting 85% of it.
Tacpayers fund all sorts of crap I'm sure you hate...likely if you're getting your knickers in a twist about it you're pretty upset about this though

When I was at UF they set up a designated "safe space" for minority and LGBT students only who could potentially get triggered because some people in small towns in the state still fly confederate flags. I guess that counts for something?
Literally only? And why wouldn't people get triggered by that? I do and I've only been here 10 years.

Back