unknown wolf-like creature shot in Montana, experts baffled (pic)

Wolf-Weiner dog hybrid.

Wait, they said legs were short and the pic suggests.

Maybe a wolf and a bear banged. Forbidden love.
I mean, as much as they hate each other, they probably never tried to screw before. Until love brought the two warring families together

It’s probably genetically possible, they both evolved from the same prehistoric animal the beardog, which I suppose this could be a young one but they e been extinct for like a million years

https://nypost.com/2018/05/25/mysterious-werewolf-killed-in-montana/

mystery-wolf.jpg

So this is interesting....

Swamp gas, IMO. In all honesty the source is NY Post... That picture is probably a stuffed puppet.

kill_it_shaun_of_the_dead.gif

It’s probably genetically possible, they both evolved from the same prehistoric animal the beardog, which I suppose this could be a young one but they e been extinct for like a million years
<TheWire1>

Not so clear man. I have seen plenty of hybrids in real life and not a one looked like that, or had the features described in the story.
It's a hybrid or an unknown species in Montana. Could be either, hybrid is obviously much more likely.

Could it be a mutation in a wolf evolving into whatever this is?

.....and man, as usual, playing god, fucks it all up?

It’s pretty cool, but it will ultimately prove to just be a hybrid.

Not far from where I live in the last few years there has been 'alerts' if that's what you want to call them of these wolf/wild dog hybrids. Long story short, these hybrids are reeking havoc on locals and there domestic animals. They have unusual characteristics for 'Wolves' and will even hunt humans. It's crazy.

Not far from where I live in the last few years there has been 'alerts' if that's what you want to call them of these wolf/wild dog hybrids. Long story short, these hybrids are reeking havoc on locals and there domestic animals. They have unusual characteristics for 'Wolves' and will even hunt humans. It's crazy.

The hunting humans part doesn't surprise me. You're breeding a wolf with an animal that doesn't have the flight mechanism that wolves' have.

c8288643c00b38cfcc0b4faa0a10ebfe

Looks a little like a hyena here.

hyena-home.png

Looks like a starved bear of some kind to me.

There’s a lot we don’t see in the genetics of mammals often, hidden deep in the code.

Russian scientists did and experiment with foxes and selectively bread the friendliest ones continuously until they were domesticated.

What’s weird is as they became domesticated their appearance changed to be more like domesticated dogs and they are all pure bread foxes.

So there is more hidden to the code than we know.

Something might have triggered a regression in a small population of wolves.

c8288643c00b38cfcc0b4faa0a10ebfe

Looks a little like a hyena here.

hyena-home.png

Funny you say that... in the article, they mention speculation that it's a "shunka warakin", a legendary wolf-hyena hybrid. This is what Wiki has to say:

The shunka warakin (also shunka warak'in) is an animal mentioned in American folklore that is said to resemble a wolf, a hyena, or both. According to cryptozoologist Loren Coleman, shhuhnkha Warahwalkin is an Ioway term meaning "carries off dogs".[1] Coleman suggested that the creature was some animal unknown to modern sources.

An animal shot in 1896 by Israel Ammon Hutchins on what is now the Sun Ranch in Montana[2] has been suggested by Coleman as an example of this mysterious creature. Joseph Sherwood, a taxidermist, acquired it from Hutchins, mounted it, and put it on display in his combination general store-museum in Henry's Lake, Idaho. Sherwood named the beast "Ringdocus". This stuffed trophy, the only piece of physical evidence, was never examined by qualified scientists and went missing for some time, before it was rediscovered in December 2007.[3]

Possibilities

Dire wolf: The South American variant could possiby explain the appearance of the creature.
Cryptozoologists suggest that the Native American folklore can be explained by prehistoric mammals such as hyaenodons, dire wolves, members of the subfamily Borophaginae (hyena-like dogs), or Chasmaporthetes (the only true American hyena).

Others suggest more mundane explanations. For example, between December 2005 and November 2006, an unusual-looking wolf killed 36 sheep (and injuring 71 more) in McCone and surrounding counties in Montana.[4] It was shot on November 2, 2006, in Garfield County, Montana, after killing 120 sheep. Initially, Montana wildlife officials were unable to identify the 106-pound, reddish-yellow animal.[5] Loren Coleman suggested that it was a Shunka Warakin,[1] but it has since been identified by the Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks Department as a four-year-old male wolf with unusually red-colored fur.[6]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shunka_Warakin#cite_note-6

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shunka_Warakin

The rancher apparently heard it speak spanish. Zero tolerance.

Back