Unnecessary follow up punches-why are they not sanctioned?

Rad.
How did ya cross paths?
I am from Iceland and followed his blog just after he got from jail many years ago. I like his music but then he went full from asking about Iceland and how one day he would love me to show him everything, basically be his guide to crazy racist stuff. I tried to kind of respond into other stuff but he just kept on with the racist stuff. Not my thing

I am from Iceland and followed his blog just after he got from jail many years ago. I like his music but then he went full from asking about Iceland and how one day he would love me to show him everything, basically be his guide to crazy racist stuff. I tried to kind of respond into other stuff but he just kept on with the racist stuff. Not my thing
That sucks, yeah I have heard he is a pretty shitty person.

Fuck that soft ass shit, make new rule that enforces at least 10 follow up hammer fists or until stiffness occurs
10 hammer fists and some stiffness will occur

That sucks, yeah I have heard he is a pretty shitty person.
He can be pretty funny. But later on he wes arrested for some kind of hate crime law in France and his old blog was deleted and he started another one that was not so intence, more just pro europe and then started a very big following youtube channel that got banned hahahaha

The ref didn't stop it or was too far away. But there have been some instances where the ref stopped it and the guy kept punching like Wanderlei Rampage 3
Rampage was exorcising some demons of a guy who had fucked him up twice before and who he was affraid of.
When he had him down he wanted to put some permanent damage there. That one should have been major fined and sanctioned for sure.

jackson_20silva_20ropes.jpg
Wanderlei-Silva-vs.-Rampage-Jackson-3-1250x600.png

The fact you put Ngannou in the same example as Hendo shows very little thought has been put into this even if your heart may be in the right place.

In their first fight Ngannou hit Stipe with some bombs and Stipe didn’t go down. In the second fight Ngannou rocked Stipe like twice before the finishing sequence, Stipe even managed to hit Ngannou with a solid punch after getting dropped. So it’s totally plausible to think Ngannou landed a those follow up blows in the heat of the moment because he was fighting a legit HW great that refused to go out.

Very very different to what Hendo did to Bisping and other opponents.

The fact you put Ngannou in the same example as Hendo shows very little thought has been put into this even if your heart may be in the right place.

In their first fight Ngannou hit Stipe with some bombs and Stipe didn’t go down. In the second fight Ngannou rocked Stipe like twice before the finishing sequence, Stipe even managed to hit Ngannou with a solid punch after getting dropped. So it’s totally plausible to think Ngannou landed a those follow up blows in the heat of the moment because he was fighting a legit HW great that refused to go out.

Very very different to what Hendo did to Bisping and other opponents.
Ngannou does it all of the time. Remember Overeem? He was not going anywhere and there was a bomb after he was totally messed up, just for one example

Last edited:
Because the fight isn’t over until the referee stops it. If the referee did stop the fight but a fighter refused to stop punching, then you could potentially see some kind of punishment.

Some guys are good at the walk off... but otherwise go until the ref stops you.

Do you know what sanctioned means?
People like the TS think they are watching basketball or something. This is combat sports. This is the hurt business, this shit comes with it. It's not always going to be pretty. you cannot play this sport.

lol people trying to tell TS that he doesn't know what "sanction" means but they actually don't know that the word has various conflicting meanings

The ref didn't stop it or was too far away. But there have been some instances where the ref stopped it and the guy kept punching like Wanderlei Rampage 3
I still can't believe there wasn't any backlash about that. I remember it live and thinking "WTF" he was trying to pull him off and he resisted and kept punching him. Should have been a DQ and suspension imo.

Ngannou does it all of the time. Remember Overeem? He was not going anywhere and there was a bomb after he was totally messed up, just for one example

Hmm ok fair enough, I’d have to rewatch that one..been a while since I watched it.
I still don’t feel like the Stipe follow up was unnecessary though just due to how the fight was playing out. The only other one I’ve heard him criticised for was the Rozenstruick KO but that was also a pretty wild sequence of events so I’d give him the benefit of the doubt for it because the punch that KOed Rozenstruick wasn’t very clean either. I think Ngannou even mentioned he didn’t even feel he landed on Rozenstruick very hard. I think it comes with the territory of being a heavy handed striker that sometimes throws fairly recklessly too. So I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t even realise he knocks these guys dead in the heat of the moment.

Every time I see a post like this it always reminds me of Gomi vs Azeredo

Few examples being Hendo who did it to Bisping and a recent one where Ngannou did it to Stipe.
How is that still not forbiden?

The ref stops the fight, not a fighter.

O'Malley's last fight is an example where not following up results in the opponent recovering. Bisping/Silva is an example that cost Silva the win.

Back