Unpopular opinion: 2nd half of Tarantino's career is better than the first half

I could certainly entertain the argument.

I cite Pulp Fiction as his best film and a true cinema classic. But I think one could fairly reasonably rank most of his other films, regardless of where they fall in the canon, pretty closely.

On any given day I could have Reservoir Dogs as his third best or his seventh best, without feeling any less about its quality.

Django, Inglorious, Hateful Eight and OUATIH- I think highly of all of them.

Jackie Brown, meanwhile, from the first half, is an underrated gem in his filmography, arguably his most grounded film and yet it truly feels like his movie even though it’s not an original screenplay. Entertaining, well-made, well-acted.

The guy has a lot of fans and acclaim. He also gets a decent amount of flack. But I actually think his filmography, as a whole, is very impressive. At least from my perspective, he’s delivered almost every time he’s stepped up to the plate. Not a lot of filmmakers have that distinction.

Tarantino's career is broken up in 3 parts

90s - Dogs/Pulp/Jackie
00s - Bill/Death/Inglorious
10s - Django/8/Hollywood

I personally would take the 00s but the majority take the 90s

Firat half of Tarantino's career, 92' - 08': Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Kill Bill 1&2.

Second half of career 09 - to present: inglorious bastards, Hateful eight, Django, Once upon a time in Hollywood.

In my opinion I favor the second half of Tarantino's career based on the fact that I still watch those films, whereas I almost never watch the films from the first half of his career. Obviously Pulp Fiction is a bonafide classic but after 2 viewings there's not much pleasure to be had from additional viewings. On the other hand I can watch any film from the second half of Qt's career and still love it even though it's like the 9th or 10th viewing.

Completely agree, and its not close. Jackie Brown is a gem not seen by many people.

Im not sure its controversial though.

kill bill 1 & 2 : cringe movies made for fat virgin otakus

Agree 100%

The 2000s were pretty bad for him with the Kill Bill movies and Death Proof, but then he hit it out of the park with Inglorious. To me, that's his #2 best film after Pulp.

We're different. I find the second half of his career unbearable.

Pulp fiction and res dogs are amongst the best films ever made.

Django is corny AF, inglorious is overrated and the Bruce Lee scene in OUATIH was garrish and shit tier. Tarantino had a massive drop off post his first two films. Still an all time great though obviously.

The Hateful Eight is his worst movie, IMO. I hated that film. It's over 3 hours and bc it was a QT film I kept expecting it to become good but it never did. Total waste of time. 0/10.

Once Upon A TIme In Hollywood wasn't as bad, it was OK, but it wasn't that great. I called it a "meandering journey to nowhere".

Django Unchained and Inglorious Basterds were both really, really good.

I liked both Kill Bills, Pulp Fiction is awesome, so is Reservoir Dogs, I didn't hate Jackie Brown either (altho I don't remember it that well).

I think the first half narrowly beats the 2nd half bc Hateful Eight sucked so bad and Hollywood is pretty bland.

Inglorious Basterds and Once upon a time in Hollywood are 2 of my top movies of all time. I really didn’t like any of his other movies much. So I guess I’d agree.

Back