Unpopular opinion: Ngannou isn't that good

I think Bader takes him rather easily too honestly.

Francis did everything right on Stipe the 2nd time. Its a sign of hope. But did he only perform that way because he trained only for Stipe to get revenge? Back Tattoo Volkov could possibly take Francis out right now with just a jab. Who friggin knows

Is he the best technical fighter ?
Obviously not, but still good enough to make most fighters hesitant to fight him whether they're wrestlers or strikers.

I'm curious to see what will be your nexts arguments when he will have defended his title a few times....

He destroyed Blaydes twice, the most promising young heavyweight outside of Gane.

I said he only beat to young guys out of all the old guys . Blaydes got weak chin and ko multiple times.

TS says "Ngannou isn't that good" but later says "he is a great champ." Sounds legit.

And no, he's not a "normal sized HW." The guy weighs in at 263 with a legit 6-pack. Feel free to name all the other "normal sized" HWs who are built like that. And no, Cyril Gane doesn't qualify; he's a full 16 pounds lighter than Ngannou.

Do I think Ngannou is unbeatable? Absolutely not. I wouldn't be shocked if someone like Gane or Volkov was able to out-point him by virtue of being more technical. And this is HW, so nobody (except Fedor) goes unbeaten for extended stretches. But suggesting he "isn't that good" is absurd on its face; the guy has completely annihilated 6 top 10 HWs (and that doesn't count his finishes over Cain and Blaydes 1, who were unranked at the time).

It's terrible threads like this that give new fans a bad name.

Really? You are going to pretend that there's no difference?

He has a weak chin compared to some of the other HW. It is what it is. Just like arvloski who had incredible skill but weak chin.

The hw belt gets passed around like a hot potato. It's hard to hang on to. But hes the champ now so hard to say he isnt good.

not to mention he beat the man who held onto it the longest. that's gotta count for something.

You might be right. Maybe Ngannou isn't as improved as people say he is and the real reason he dominated Stipe is cuz Miocic was 39 and significantly lighter than usual. We'll only know when we see Francis fight again.

My unpopular opinion is that Stipe was overrated. So now you have a guy that beat the guy that was overrated now turning him into the biggest hype machine since Lesnar.

Ngannou has amazing power that knocks out guys quick but for me it's going to take more than a weak looking Stipe to think he definitely improved all these holes in his game. He seems like he's on the right track but I'd like to see a bit more.

He's the baddest dude right now.
The other divisions just exist so the little guys have something to do.

Ngannou is at best the heavyweight Anthony Johnson, only difference is his division is full of cans without a true champion level fighter like Jones and DC were.

Back