Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

What is it with all these bigger Chinese fighters coming out of nowhere, maybe we will get a MMA Yao Ming lol

There was a relatively healthy regional scene for bigger Chinese fighters prior to COVID, thats one of the reasons Mingyang Zhang was able to accrue so much professional experience as a teenager. Since 2021 its been rare to see new HW/LHW/MWs with professional aspirations pop up though it does happen time to time.

Ce Liu is another HW/LHW from China that I have kept my eye on but he seems to be focused on kickboxing at the moment.

Two US based heavies that may make it to DWCS in 2025 made their pro debuts recently.

The first is Adrian Palmore and the second is Devon Simons.

They are still very early in their careers, and both are very different fighters. Palmore has heavy hands and a wild striking style, while Simons is more technical with strong cardio.

The North American heavyweight scene has been mined extensively, but we may see some interesting new faces next year.

Two more US based heavies that may be under consideration for DWCS this year. Both have some pretty big flaws, but it's HW, so that's normal for the division.

First, Bailey Schoenfelder who just finished Greg Velasco to win the CFFC championship. My one concern is he weighs in at 215-225, so he may be better suited for LHW.

Second, Cameron Kinzig who was suppose to fight Denzel Freeman. Kinzig leaves his chin out, but his height and long leg reach give him some interesting tools in fights.

I'd say both are DWCS ready at this point, as there's not much competition on the regional scene to sustain long stints outside of major promotions for heavies.

Last edited:
Two more US based heavies that may be under consideration for DWCS this year. Both have some pretty big flaws, but it's HW, so that's normal for the division.

First, Bailey Schoenfelder who just finished Greg Velasco to win the CFFC championship. My one concern is he weighs in at 215-225, so he may be better suited for LHW.

Second, Cameron Kinzig who was suppose to fight Denzel Freeman. Kinzig leaves his chin out, but his height and long leg reach give him some interesting tools in fights.

I'd say both are DWCS ready at this point, as there's not much competition on the regional scene to sustain long stints outside of major promotions for heavies.

Agree they'll probably look at both, but I do think Schoenfelder belongs at LHW yeah.

Tagir Abdullabekov
PRO MMA RECORD
5-0

Abdullabekov is a 27 year old fighter on a five fight win streak. He is a naturally gifted athlete who can comfortably pick opponents apart on the feet or utilize his grappling to neutralize the offense of opponents. He is very much still a developing fighter but his already tremendously high fight-iq, five fights into his professional career, leads me to believe he could excel at the highest level.

Last edited:
Yeah I think those three could get on. They might end up giving Velasco another chance if he wins one before the series.

Possibly Hugo Cunha and Terrance Jean-Jacques?

Maybe a couple of ex Bellator guys could get a go if they win on the regionals like Said Sowma.

Maybe that Eduardo Perez guy fromTUF?

Terrance Jean-Jacques just lost a few months ago probably count him out. We live in the same city and he has been arrested for domestic violence so maybe Dana will give him a shot.

Last edited:
Terrance Jean-Jacques just lost a few months ago probably count him out. We live in the same city and he has been arrested for domestic violence so maybe Dana will give him a shot.
And the guy he lost to, lost to Phillipe Lins years ago and is 37.
Its so over for HW enjoyers.

<DCrying>

Back