• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Unsigned Light Heavyweights

RFA grabbing up all the top US light heavies. Same as they did with the heavies. Although LHW seems to be moving along better in RFA right now due to the fighters actually wanting fights. ;)
I'm happy to see them actually investing in the division. I'm also glad some of these guys at 205 are trying to stay a lot more active.

Jonathan Wilson not fighting Frank Waisten :( Fighting Luis Henrique who is dropping back down to LHW after getting KO'd by Ngannou in his debut.

Marcus "Buchecha" Almeida 0-0 in MMA, multiple time world champion in BJJ.

There has been a surprising amount of activity in the light-heavyweight division lately, and coming up. I'm extremely excited to see it all unfold. The Grand Prix that is going on later today, and the TUF cast being announced are very stacked with talent.
Grand Prix Matchups:
Maxim Grishin (21-6) vs Marcin Lazarz (8-2)
Magomed Ankalaev (5-0) vs Dan Spohn (12-5)
Maxim Futin (5-2-1) vs Stjepan Bekavac (17-5)
Saparbek Safarov (7-0) vs Rodney Wallace (25-10-1)

TUF cast:
Abdel Medjedoub, 3-0, 30
Andrew Sanchez, 7-2, 27
Cory Hendricks, 3-0, 27
Elias Urbina, 3-0, 22
Eric Spicely, 8-0, 29
Jamelle Jones, 6-2, 28
John Paul Elias, 3-0, 27
Joshua Stansbury, 7-2, 31
Kenneth Bergh, 3-0, 26
Khalil Rountree, 4-0, 26
Marcel Fortuna, 8-1, 30
Muhammed DeReese, 5-0, 27
Myron Dennis, 12-4, 27
Norman Paraisy, 15-4-2, 1 NC, 30
Phil Hawes, 3-0, 27
Trevor Carlson, 10-2, 27

Results from last week:
Rakim Cleveland defeats Brian Houston by TKO in the 1st.
TUF vet Anton Berzin defeated Matt Thompson by Submission in the 1st
Carlos Eduardo defeated Willyanedson Paiva by Submission in the 1st
Remi Delcampe defeated Gregory Pierre by Submission in the 1st

Upcoming matches:
Paul Craig (8-0) vs Chris Fields (11-7-1)
Batraz Agnaev (3-0) vs Rual Silva (Debut)
Karol Celinski (12-6-1) vs Marcin Wojcik (8-4) (Could possibly determine Narkun's next opponent)
Darren Stewart (5-0) vs James Hurrell (7-4)
Vadim Nemkov (5-1) vs Karl Albrektsson (4-0)

Last edited:
Some quick results:
Devin Clark (6-0) defeats Rafael Viana (6-1) via TKO (injury) at 5:00 of round 2
Jordan Johnson (4-0) defeats Ryan Debelak (4-1) via Submission at 1:02 of Round 1
Andy Clamp (7-1) defeats Nicolas Djurdjevic (1-2) via KO/TKO at 2:49 of round 1
Mikhail Shein (10-4) defeats Charles Andrade (29-29) via KO/TKO at 3:30 of round 2
Karl Albrektsson (5-0) defeats Vadim Nemkov (5-2) via Split Decision
Darren Stewart (6-0) defeats James Hurrell (7-5) via KO at 0:37 of round 1
Mikhail Ragozin (5-1) defeats Luis Carlos Brito (1-2) via KO/TKO at 1:51 of round 1

TUF 23 Ep. 1 results:
Eric Spicely defeated Kenneth Bergh via submission (rear-naked choke) in the first round.

Khalil Rountree defeated Muhammed Dereese via TKO (punches and soccer kicks to the body) in the second round.

Myron Dennis defeated Jamelle Jones via TKO (punches) in the first round.

Elias Urbina IV defeated Norman Paraisy via unanimous decision after three rounds.

Abdel Medjedoub defeated John Paul Elias via unanimous decision after two rounds.

Andrew Sanchez defeated Phil Hawes via unanimous decision after two rounds.

Cory Hendricks defeated Marcel Fortuna via unanimous decision after three rounds.

Josh Stansbury defeated Trever Carlson via submission (americana) in the first round.
Akhmat 205 tournament quarter-final results
Maxim Grishin (22-6) deafeats Marcin Lazarz (8-3) via 3 round decision

Saparbek Safarov (8-0) defeats Rodney Wallace (25-11) via TKO at 5:00 of round 2

Maxim Futin (6-2) defeats Stjepan Bekavac (17-6) via TKO at 3:40 of round 2

Magomed Ankalaev (6-0) defeats Lloyd Marshbanks (19-19) via Submission at 0:15 of round 1

Upcoming:
Tony Lopez (40-21) fights Shannon Ritch (55-80) tomorrow on Combate AMericas 4. Dominick Reyes was originally supposed to fight Lopez, but withdrew.

Robert Drysdale (6-0-0 (1)) Ryan Spann (9-2) at Legacy on July 22nd. I'm going to try and go to this event if possible since it's around my old hometown!

Michel Batista will be fighting at LHW I assume, he's a high level Cuban Olympian who just won his second pro fight yesterday at HW, but he's wrestled at below 205 before and has stated he wants to fight Cormier eventually in MMA.

Fresh off his title victory, Devin Clark is signed by the UFC and debuts this July against Alex Nicholson! These recent signings are awesome, and I hope they keep it up.

Results from last weekend:
Roger Gracie won the inaugural ONE light heavyweight championship by first round submission. Hopefully they can set up a fight with Jake Butler or Marcin Prachnio if he wins his next fight.
Gadzhimurad Antigulov defeated fellow tournament winner Muslim Makhmudov by second round submission.
Former heavyweight Caio Alencar defeated Felipe Dantas by first round submission.
Evgeny Egemberdiev (5-0) defeated Mark Dronov (0-1)

Some Upcoming Matchups:
Kelvin Tiller (7-1) vs Rob Morrow (20-18-1) 5/21
Bruno Cappelozza (7-4) vs Klidson Farias (8-1) 5/21
Karol Celinski (12-6-1) vs Marcin Wojcik (8-4) 5/27
Matt Van Buren (7-4) vs Jeremy Kimball (12-5) 6/03
Mo De'Reese (5-0) vs Mike Morales (5-5) 6/03
Jordan Johnson (4-0) vs Shaun Asher (11-2-1) 6/17
Viktor Nemkov (23-5) vs Rashid Yusupov (6-2) 5/27
Andrey Seledtsov (5-1) vs Stephan Puetz (13-2) 5/27
Moise Rimbon (22-10-3) vs Paul Buentello (34-16) 5/24
Ednaldo Oliveira (14-3-1) vs Joachim Christensen (12-3) 5/24 or 10/01, Tapology has both so I'm not sure.

I hope De'Reese can bounce back from his trouncing on TUF and Jordan Johnson has a nice bump in competition in Asher who's an experienced and solid regional level guy.

Johnson is probably the next North American light heavy to get grabbed by a big promotion if he beats Asher. Tiller was suppose to fight for Bellator, wonder what happened with that.

Good to see DeReese & Van Buren back in the cage.
I agree, I wish their opponents were switched though. Van Buren is only one fight from a losing streak, and I would like to see him take another easy fight. DeReese needs to jump right back in against someone notable to get some hype back.

I'm a big fan of this signing, I hope they keep developing that division in the future!

I hope De'Reese can bounce back from his trouncing on TUF and Jordan Johnson has a nice bump in competition in Asher who's an experienced and solid regional level guy.
De'Reese actually did better than I expected against Khalil. He won the first round, he just gassed horribly and got beat down after that. The potential is still there though.

Johnson is probably the next North American light heavy to get grabbed by a big promotion if he beats Asher. Tiller was suppose to fight for Bellator, wonder what happened with that.
I hope he gets snatched up within his next few fights, he's been really impressive lately. After De'Reese got sent back to the drawing board, and Osheim not fighting for a year he has to be the front runner for North American 205ers. Dominick Reyes looks to be another impressive North American fighter coming along.

Looks like Joachim Christensen (12-3) is fighting Anthony Ruiz (34-21) on the 24th, I'm not sure if he's still fighting Ednaldo Oliveira (14-3-1) in October though. Fingers Crossed!

Also, Dan Spohn (12-5) is fighting Jamelle Jones (6-2) June 6th.

I wonder what's up with Osheim. He turned down a couple fights that I heard about, so could be injury or he lost some confidence after the Stansbury loss. He's a good fighter with good physical gifts, so I hope he shows up again.

Shamil Gamzatov drops to mw and faces Louis Taylor at Wsof 32

Joachim Christensen beats Anthony Ruiz (I think by submission but not sure), to go to 13-3.

Back