Unsigned Light Heavyweights

I don't see Darren Stewart beating Barroso. I chide Barroso a lot for being one of the most boring fighters I've seen in the UFC but he's exceptionally more experienced and durable than anyone Stewart could have dreamt of fighting by a 7-0 stage in his career. Plus, Darren is only 5ft 10in and really belongs in lower weight-classes than 205lbs! Doesn't have the raw strength and wrestling of Ilir Latifi to make a career of it.

I don't see Darren Stewart beating Barroso. I chide Barroso a lot for being one of the most boring fighters I've seen in the UFC but he's exceptionally more experienced and durable than anyone Stewart could have dreamt of fighting by a 7-0 stage in his career. Plus, Darren is only 5ft 10in and really belongs in lower weight-classes than 205lbs! Doesn't have the raw strength and wrestling of Ilir Latifi to make a career of it.
I agree, I'm taking Barroso by decision. Stewart will be at a size and wrestling disadvantage. I'm glad the UFC is signing light heavyweights, but being Stewart, Clark, and Nicholson all of them are way too undersized.

I know he is not a prospect but I think that Wsof can be a good destination for free agent Emmanuel Newton! Thin Lhw division and they need challengers for the new champ, branch if he wins will vacate the title and obviously if he looses magalhaes becomes the champ.

Magomed Ankalaev defeated Maxim Grishin by TKO. Really good win for him, and it would be nice to see him get the call up after this. Bummed for Grishin though, as he was on a good streak himself and deserved to be in the big leagues as well.

Matches happening this weekend:
Nick Roehrick (4-0 Pro 1-0 Am) vs Garrett Olson (6-7)
Cameron Olson (5-2) vs Nick Wagner (8-5-1)
David Branch (18-3) vs Vinny Magalhes (14-7)
Isiah Williams (4-0 Am) vs Eric Murray (8-4 Am)
Nick Biron (1-0 Pro 5-0 Am) vs Clayton York (4-1 Am)

Magomed Ankalaev defeated Maxim Grishin by TKO. Really good win for him, and it would be nice to see him get the call up after this. Bummed for Grishin though, as he was on a good streak himself and deserved to be in the big leagues as well.

Wow Grishin loose

I know he is not a prospect but I think that Wsof can be a good destination for free agent Emmanuel Newton! Thin Lhw division and they need challengers for the new champ, branch if he wins will vacate the title and obviously if he looses magalhaes becomes the champ.
I like that idea, didn't know he was a free agent. WSOF has been building their heavyweight divison pretty well, and I would like to see them do the same at light heavyweight.

Wow Grishin loose
I was surprised too, I thought his experience would get him the win. A bit bummed about it, as I thought this would finally punch his ticket to the UFC. :(

I agree, I'm taking Barroso by decision. Stewart will be at a size and wrestling disadvantage. I'm glad the UFC is signing light heavyweights, but being Stewart, Clark, and Nicholson all of them are way too undersized.
Think both Nicholson and Devin are MW now, they fought at that weight class. Alex's bigger problems is his limited skillset, he only gets by due to his toughness and power, and it will only get him so far.

Think both Nicholson and Devin are MW now, they fought at that weight class. Alex's bigger problems is his limited skillset, he only gets by due to his toughness and power, and it will only get him so far.
Yeah, Clark was at 205 up until he got signed and Nicholson was one and done after Misha broke his jaw. His toughness and stamina got him by at heavyweight, but he won't last too long in my opinion though.

Huge win for Ankalaev. Huge.
Roehrick dropping from heavyweight could be interesting. I like Cam Olson too.

Cam Olson wins a decision to climb to 6-2, and Nick Roehrick remains unbeaten at 5-0 now, with a 1st round submission.

Cam Olson wins a decision to climb to 6-2, and Nick Roehrick remains unbeaten at 5-0 now, with a 1st round submission.

Nick is training at Team Elevation with Blaydes and several other LHW/HW's. Curtis was actually in his corner. When he was first at HW on the lower end regional shows, I didn't think he'd get very far, but when you train with monsters, it tends to turn someone into a different fighter.

Tyree Fortune wins his pro debut, now 1-0.

Nick Biron climbs to 2-0 with a 3rd round TKO/KO.

Its Tyrell. And he's a heavyweight... a big heavyweight.
That's the guy debuting at bellator, Tyree is another dude altoghether. A LHW prospect with a 12-2 Amateur record who just made his pro debut.

That's the guy debuting at bellator, Tyree is another dude altoghether. A LHW prospect with a 12-2 Amateur record who just made his pro debut.
My bad... You are right. Tyree is Tyrell's brother. Pretty sure they are twins.

My bad... You are right. Tyree is Tyrell's brother. Pretty sure they are twins.
You're right about that. Didn't know they were brothers, much less twins. That's crazy.

Lemarcus Tucker 5-1 vs Jordan Johnson 5-0 will headline 12/9 for the RFA light heavyweight title.

“I am excited to crown a new RFA light-heavyweight champion at our year-end show, which will also be the final RFA event before the merger,” stated Soares. “Jordan Johnson and LeMarcus Tucker are two of the top 205-pound prospects in the sport for a reason. They will give the city of Branson and fight fans around the world an incredible RFA title fight before we merge into the LFA!”

http://rfafighting.com/rfa-46-johns...the-ozarks-final-rfa-event-before-the-merger/

Lemarcus Tucker 5-1 vs Jordan Johnson 5-0 will headline 12/9 for the RFA light heavyweight title.

“I am excited to crown a new RFA light-heavyweight champion at our year-end show, which will also be the final RFA event before the merger,” stated Soares. “Jordan Johnson and LeMarcus Tucker are two of the top 205-pound prospects in the sport for a reason. They will give the city of Branson and fight fans around the world an incredible RFA title fight before we merge into the LFA!”

http://rfafighting.com/rfa-46-johns...the-ozarks-final-rfa-event-before-the-merger/

Really cool prospects fight.

Back