**Uriah Hall vs Conor McGregor, who will have a better UFC Career?**

Geordie "Shadow" Munro

Amateur Fighter
@Brown
Reaction score
[size=+1]Obviously Sherdog is pretty high on both these guys right now.

I was just wondering, with Conor looking very impressive against Marcus Brimage last weekend and Uriah Fighting Kelvin Gastelum in the TUF Finale this weekend.

Who do you think will have a more successful UFC Career.

Conor McGregor

mcgregor-knockout.gif

Uriah Hall
TUF-17-Uriah-Hall.jpg

uriah-hall-640.jpg

if2ItvnwSG5VF.gif

What do you all think?
[/Size]

I want to see Uriah fight a good wrestler who still has decent standup. Uriah fights tall with all his weight on his back leg. This is a traditional muay thai stance and is great for kick boxing but makes you susceptible to takedowns. You can't sprawl that well from this position. You're also less mobile.

It's all up to them. How great do they want to be? Word of advice don't listen to anybody that is telling you your the greatest, that only means you have a ton more to work to do. :icon_lol:

I want to see Uriah fight a good wrestler who still has decent standup. Uriah fights tall with all his weight on his back leg. This is a traditional muay thai stance and is great for kick boxing but makes you susceptible to takedowns. You can't sprawl that well from this position. You're also less mobile.

Uriah actually switches between stances often. His feint game is impressive in the way he uses stance swaps and fakes to mask stuff. even though we haven't seen it of TUF i'm certain Uriah's counter game is advanced, he lays traps. He is really impressive on his feet; Power, accuracy, timing, length and he has a meta game [angles, feints, slips et al] as well. Uriah also has ridiculous reaction time, really really impressive.

To address the OP, its too early to say, but the safer bet would be Conor. Hes in a division that's much less established and deep.

Probably Hall but i want both to do well

Hopefully McGregor as i'm Irish but i'm just looking forward to seeing two exciting fighters make an impact on their divisions. I'm a fan of both guys.

I think they'll both have the same type of career. Always going to be excited to see both of them fight though.

Probably mcgregor in the long run I think. Will be interesting to see hall's grappling skills. Both look the goods

Hard to call at this point, but went with McGregor simply 'cause he's already competed in UFC in an impressive fashion.

Back