Urijah Hall is...

Anyone remember how hard the Stephen "wonderboy" thompson train was derailed?

Uriah is a B level striker and he'll be a B level UFC fighter.

Hi guys, 1st post here.

For me, if it wasn't for the coaches (who watch Hall train every day) say he's so great, I'ld think he's just a regular skilled stand up guy with amazingly powerful shots.

Cella hit him a lot until Cella took one unexpected very strong hit at the end of the round and that was it. Bubba was pissing in his pants and went for a SO obvious takedown - I mean, there should be another word for it, because telegraphing doesn't make justice to what he did - and then knee on the chest and while standing scared another one powerful hit in the eye. None of those proved Uriah's got talent. Powerful shots ? Yeah, but that's it so far.

IMO Josh is the real talent in the house. At first I thought he was just an arrogant prick but since I'm a fight fan I soon began to respect the guy's skills. And he's intelligent as well, what can't be said about Hall - who wanted to fight him sooner risking being kicked out of the tournament in the quarters.

None of those proved Uriah's got talent. Powerful shots ? Yeah, but that's it so far.

Wrong. You don't land a spinning kick like that to someone's face without talent. His striking is probably the best in the house from both a power and technique standpoint. His weakness is his wrestling.

Put it this way. Chael is #2 MW, do you guys actually believe Hall could hang with Chael

Wrong. You don't land a spinning kick like that to someone's face without talent. His striking is probably the best in the house from both a power and technique standpoint. His weakness is his wrestling.

I'll give him credit for that spinning kick, but it is still too little to think so high about the guy. The coaches make me think he might indeed have skills, but I'm yet to see it.

He is talented and marketable so Dana will start him out slowly to try and build him up..

To be honest. I can see Uriah Hall flaming out.

He has not overcome the mental aspect of this sport.

Sure he looks great knocking people out and in this competition because everyone is propping him up....

But

What happens when he faces a loss? Or getting hit in the face a few times. That is when a truley great fighter shows what he is made of. The one fight I have seen him in outside of this season of TUF was against Weidman and Weidman destroyed him.

It is obvious on the show that he has emotional issues. When he suffers that one loss, well see what he is made of.

Well, that fight was 3 years ago and having watched as many of his previous fights as I can, Uriah has improved leaps and bounds as a fighter since way back then.

Do I think he would beat Wideman? No. He is still learning and improving and may soon get that good.

But he is a better fighter now than he was in that loss. it is not bad looking at his record and seeing that his only losses are 1 to the current contender, and a 2nd split decision loss to a guy ranked #10

personally I see Hall cutting to 170 in the near future

yeah i do too, he looks big because he is muscular, but he is actually about 5'11 and his frame could make ww, if he was like 6'2 and that jacked I don't think he could make the cut.

Back