US Army aims to get attack recon helicopter prototype flying by 2023

What was / is wrong with the Comanche ? Why not order up it? It was supposed to be a mix of recon and attack, mostly the former in a supporting role for the Apache. The gov spent $7 billion, then cancelled the program. And now wants to start a new program?? for lord knows how many tens of billions.

Too slow, too easy to shoot down. Holds fewer troops than a Blackhawk.

Well, the Soviets had to compromise on the design. The government wanted the helicopter to do 3 things: Be a gunship, an attack helicopter, and low-capacity troop transport. We don't have this 3-in-1 concept in the U.S. Army. Anything can be shot down these days. ;) Strike that, the B-2 and the SR-71 are impossible to shoot down.

Range: 280 miles

Last edited:

we should be using mach speed helicoptors by now

first the chey

don't seagal yourself, you silly snakeeater

tenor.gif
My favorite scene in that entire movie.

its the problem that congress cancles good projects infavor of shit ones. If they want an armed recon, logically speaking they have the prototype Comanches still laying around. Why not update it with new technologies. save money

Its not about saving money. Its about securing contracts to make money.

Well, the Soviets had to compromise on the design. The government wanted the helicopter to do 3 things: Be a gunship, an attack helicopter, and low-capacity troop transport. We don't have this 3-in-1 concept in the U.S. Army. Anything can be shot down these days. ;) Strike that, the B-2 and the SR-71 are impossible to shoot down.

Range: 280 miles
Everything can be shot down, but not everything can be shot down by a bunch of dudes with RPG-7's in the mountains of Afghanistan. Some things are easier to destroy than others, and I'd like to not be there when an explosion rocks the helicopter I'm flying in unless it's specifically designed to withstand said explosions. And even then...

hmmm this concept is very sleek and interesting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back