US Immigration MegaThread v1:Pentagon to deploy 5,200 active duty troops to halt migrant caravan

Should the migrants be allowed in the U.S. if qualified?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone earlier on the television suggested the Troops should move to the Mexican side of the border to stop the caravan. However as the law stands they will still get into America.

What needs to be changed as far as the law goes to make the border a lot more secure? Are there any from the Democrat Party that would be in favour of a law change or are they all totally against that happening?

And what "law" is that? Certainly not OUR Law.

And from what I hear about the troops :

US military deploying resources to border as caravan approaches, Mattis says

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis announced Sunday that the military has already begun delivering countermeasures to the southern border, following reports over the weekend that Mexican police toting plastic shields abandoned their blockades in the face of a swelling Central American migrant caravan making its way to the U.S.

The Pentagon has sent jersey barriers in conjunction with plans to deploy active duty troops there, and full details of the number of troops to be deployed as well as their roles should be announced Sunday night, Mattis told reporters.

His comments come as Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen vowed on "Fox News Sunday" that the caravan "is not getting in."

"My general message to this caravan is: Do not come," Nielsen said. "You will not be allowed in. ... There is a right way to immigrate to the United States," she continued, "and this is not it."

A U.S. official confirmed to Fox News on Thursday that roughly 800 soldiers will be sent to the area to offer “logistical support," including providing tents and vehicles, to the Border Patrol. The troops will bolster the efforts of the approximately 2,100 National Guard forces already there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vice President Pence this week warned that the migrant caravan is being funded by outside, leftist groups, citing intel said to be provided by foreign partners and a phone call with a Central American leader.

“What the president of Honduras told me is that the caravan was organized by leftist organizations, political activists within Honduras, and he said it was being funded by outside groups, and even from Venezuela,” Pence told Fox News in an interview late Friday in Yuma, Arizona. “So the American people, I think, see through this – they understand this is not a spontaneous caravan of vulnerable people.”

800 troops? pfft
how about 8 THOUSAND?
no one gets in.
this isn't Germany after all.

800 troops there for "logistical support". *wink wink*

Those 800 troops have weapons that would end the Caravan threat real quickly.

There's also 21000 National Guard soldiers, too.

Hope there is another layer to that section. If that's made of wood, that can easily be kicked at and chopped down.

Wish they made the Wall with Solid Steel.

EDIT : Now that I take a closer look, that's not really a Wall. That's a FENCE!!

There has to be more to this. It can't be just this. The sea of humanity would topple this easily.

Last edited:
It does not change your point and the caravan is by now made up of Hondurans, Guatemalans, El Salvadorians, and Mexicans. MS-13 element is definitely in there, maybe even ISIS. ISIS is getting very active in South America (i.e. Venezuela).

So this was a soft diversion into tin foil. Well played, sir.

Exactly. Everyone knows they are coming. Yet people are spreading fear mongering about "terrorists being amongst them" and people are shitting their pants. It makes no sense. My point is that they pose absolutely no danger at all.

Holy fucking shit...

giphy.gif

What happened to European men?

Like these? Yeah, that is a real show stopper...

...might as well send these:

Have you seen the First section of the "Wall" as well?

I mean...really? That's not a WALL. That's a FUCKING FENCE!!!!! <Huh2><Huh2><Huh2><Huh2>

I've seen people jumping over the old version that is not too different from the new version...
f-tijuana-a-20180501-870x563.jpg

They better add a HELL OF A LOT more than just ONE SINGLE FENCE(it's not a Wall at all).

the collision of the Trump train vs the Immigrant caravan. Should be epic

Muricans got their middle east just like Europe it looks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back