US Marine Comments On Trump's Travel Ban; Is Evacuated From Iraq Within 16 Hours (Videos Included)

I could conduct this same interview here in the US and you would get the same reaction from white supremacists if a black man had asked if he were to walk alone in their town what would happen to him.

tumblr_lvrjejSNU21r4ghkoo1_500.gif

Lmao at white supremacist towns.

lol americans are peaceful arent they cockbreath, how many kill each other again each year? fucking stupid cunt
lol how dumb can you be? what do you do for a living, pick up trash? Funny how you call me a stupid cunt, yet I am an engineer. Please enlighten us, what do you do? Whats your credentials? I've been to the middle east unlike you, I've seen how it really is there. Why do you think people visiting there have to be walled off from society and kept in a mini-city? Its probably because how peaceful and caring the population is....fucking dumbass. The only thing you bring up is black on black violence LMAO racist cuck.

So all wars should turn into an insurgency? It's pretty clear that you guys haven't been to the Middle East. An official military investigation launched every time one of us fired a bullet to ensure that no war crimes were committed (to include if we fired warning shots, as those were against the published Rules of Engagement). Sure, we got in some firefights, and yeah, my guys and I did some raids to kill/capture bad guys. But we spent a lot more time training the host-nation forces, doing things to build rapport (setting up clinics, schools, and playgrounds), and trying to help. Get that Hollywood stuff out of your heads because it simply isn't true. It's not like we were looking to kill innocent people for sport or something. That would be absolutely insane, and no reasonable person would even want to do that.

It's not that simple. There are plenty of really bad Shias, such as the supporters of al-Sadr. The Sunnis get a lot of the attention though, as AQI, ISIS, and al-Nusra are all Sunni organizations.

This reminds me of a tailor that worked on one of the Forward Operating Bases I was on. That tailor's name was John, and he was originally from Syria. His family had moved to Turkey when he was young. He was an absolutely great dude, and I hope he's well today, wherever he is. Anyways, when I was asking him where he stayed, he point to one of the housing units on the base. I asked him if he ever left the base outside into the local population. He said, "No! Of course not! If I stayed out there for a day, someone would find out that I've been friends with the Americans! They'd cut my head off!" So stuff like that matters to people. It's not like every single Iraqi is indifferent, as long as their needs are met. And it's not like they just hated Americans. There were plenty of great Iraqis who were good people, some of which even fought alongside us against the militants. It's a pretty awesome experience when you and your Iraqi counterparts are shooting in the same direction, and when one of your dudes needs help, an Iraqi bravely exposes himself to enemy fire to come to the aid of an American (and vice versa). But unfortunately, these do not represent a majority of the people. I wish things were different.

Yeah your grunt self was held accountable for every bullet fired, but was your command held accountable for their decisions?

Was the general that was in charge of Abu Ghraib, put in jail and charged?

Was the guy that gave the order for the Apache helicopter video ever charged?

I have been in the army, I know how thier are two different sets of rules for enlisted to officers.

I took the time to type out the majority of this clip with a few parts highlighted:

"The other morning, we were having a discussion on the executive order, and a lot of the Iraqis obviously showed their, uh, their displeasure, in this executive order. And uh, why they feel they've been betrayed by the United States and and so on.

I'm not here to get in a discussion with you about policies or this or that, or anything like that. I just want to talk to you and make a comment about, uh, the discussion I had, with, with these gentlemen.

So, I listened to what they had to say, and after they were done yelling and screaming about, their opinion on things, I asked a simple question, and I got an answer to that simple question and I got it without hesitation.

My simple question was: as an American if I went out in the town right now, would I be welcome?

And uh, they answered and said, 'you would not be welcome.'

And I said, okay, so what would happen if I went out in town?

And they said, 'The locals would snatch me up and kill me within an hour. Um, I'd be tortured first, and, after they were done torturing me, I'd probably be beheaded. It would, you know, go on video for everybody to see, as, you know, an example.'

And um, so, I already knew this was going to happen, but I wanted to hear it from them, I wanted to hear it from them. And the point of it is; the point I'm trying to make, is, this is the local populace that would do this. This isn't ISIS, this isn't Al Qaeda, this isn't the PNU, this isn't a militia from the Iranians, or anything like that. This is the local, the local populace that would do this.

Um, so, my question to them was pretty simple to them, after that: If you would to this to me, in your country, why would I let you in my country? Because all this means to me, is that if you had the opportunity to take the life of an American, you would do it.

So, maybe this is all something you need to think about back there. If this is the way, some of these cultures feel, this is the way that these countries feel about Americans, why would you be so naïve to believe that if they came to the United States, they would do anything any different than what they would do right here in their own country?

I don't know man, I'm just trying to inform you about what's actually happening on the ground in one of the banned countries
."

Due to the 8 million views of this marine's video, he was sent home for safety reasons within 16 hours of posting it:

"If what I said wasn't one-hundred percent true, why in the world would it be so important to get me removed from this country? Sixteen hours after that video was posted. Seriously guys, think about it."

"Speak your mind, that's what happens boys!"

"[My] facebook went to 26 million views, so currently I've been locked out of facebook . . ."

I thought this was a pretty interesting take on reality the War Room might appreciate. Some of you anyway.

Is that Jeff Sherwood?

Yeah your grunt self was held accountable for every bullet fired, but was your command held accountable for their decisions?

Was the general that was in charge of Abu Ghraib, put in jail and charged?

Was the guy that gave the order for the Apache helicopter video ever charged?

I have been in the army, I know how thier are two different sets of rules for enlisted to officers.
I was the commander. And yes, my senior command was held accountable for their decisions. Fortunately, we didn't put them into hot water where that really had to be tested.

I think the way that Abu Ghraib was handled was poorly. Those guys got hung out to dry, but that's what happens when you are dumb enough to take pictures. The command was able to distance themselves and punish those soldiers as a result. But for sure, the commander there knew what was going on. He just did the wrong thing and passed the buck.

Which one?

There are, but good officers protect their guys, not themselves. It sounds like you might have experienced some bad officers. No shortage of them out there.

So all wars should turn into an insurgency? It's pretty clear that you guys haven't been to the Middle East. An official military investigation launched every time one of us fired a bullet to ensure that no war crimes were committed (to include if we fired warning shots, as those were against the published Rules of Engagement). Sure, we got in some firefights, and yeah, my guys and I did some raids to kill/capture bad guys. But we spent a lot more time training the host-nation forces, doing things to build rapport (setting up clinics, schools, and playgrounds), and trying to help. Get that Hollywood stuff out of your heads because it simply isn't true. It's not like we were looking to kill innocent people for sport or something. That would be absolutely insane, and no reasonable person would even want to do that.

It's not that simple. There are plenty of really bad Shias, such as the supporters of al-Sadr. The Sunnis get a lot of the attention though, as AQI, ISIS, and al-Nusra are all Sunni organizations.

This reminds me of a tailor that worked on one of the Forward Operating Bases I was on. That tailor's name was John, and he was originally from Syria. His family had moved to Turkey when he was young. He was an absolutely great dude, and I hope he's well today, wherever he is. Anyways, when I was asking him where he stayed, he point to one of the housing units on the base. I asked him if he ever left the base outside into the local population. He said, "No! Of course not! If I stayed out there for a day, someone would find out that I've been friends with the Americans! They'd cut my head off!" So stuff like that matters to people. It's not like every single Iraqi is indifferent, as long as their needs are met. And it's not like they just hated Americans. There were plenty of great Iraqis who were good people, some of which even fought alongside us against the militants. It's a pretty awesome experience when you and your Iraqi counterparts are shooting in the same direction, and when one of your dudes needs help, an Iraqi bravely exposes himself to enemy fire to come to the aid of an American (and vice versa). But unfortunately, these do not represent a majority of the people. I wish things were different.

I never said the US was out butchering civilians. I am saying that the US invaded Iraq, overthrew the government, tried and basically failed to put in a stable government and now 1/3 of the country is in the control of ISIS. No matter how many schools and roads you build, you can't deny that much of the Iraqi population might be a wee bit angry with America......

I never said the US was out butchering civilians. I am saying that the US invaded Iraq, overthrew the government, tried and basically failed to put in a stable government and now 1/3 of the country is in the control of ISIS. No matter how many schools and roads you build, you can't deny that much of the Iraqi population might be a wee bit angry with America......
I probably just grabbed your quote with some of the other ones that were making claims about it. Sorry if I grabbed you prematurely.

The part of the country that was controlled by ISIS was the northern part, which were the Sunni Baathists. They should be really pissed at us because they were the ones in power under Saddam. For what it's worth, ISIS holdings have shrunk considerably since their zenith. Forces fighting in those areas have pushed them back considerably. The ISIS caliphate really isn't going as well as they hoped it would. Turns out in force-on-force fighting, they're not as good as they thought they were. We knew this from the start. The Iraqis were shitty soldiers (uniformed personnel, conventional tactics, etc.), but they made for some decent insurgents (civilian clothes, roadside bombs, sniper teams, etc.).

I was the commander. And yes, my senior command was held accountable for their decisions. Fortunately, we didn't put them into hot water where that really had to be tested.

I think the way that Abu Ghraib was handled was poorly. Those guys got hung out to dry, but that's what happens when you are dumb enough to take pictures. The command was able to distance themselves and punish those soldiers as a result. But for sure, the commander there knew what was going on. He just did the wrong thing and passed the buck.

Which one?

There are, but good officers protect their guys, not themselves. It sounds like you might have experienced some bad officers. No shortage of them out there.

I had plenty of good officers, but I also saw how when shit hits the fan, it turns into a good ol' boys club.

Everyone in the brigade new the brigade commander was banging a medic, and it wasn't until 9-11 went down and the brigade commander couldn't be found, that he got in trouble for it.

Or there was a time when in bad weather, for some reason command ordered helicopters with heavy sling loads to fly with the loaded helicopters in the rear of the formation on a training mission, helicopters collide due to the formation and weather, and command skated. They blamed one of the pilots that died for pilot error which was BS.

Sounds like a conversation he made up in his head and then made a video out of, but I could be wrong. If he was picked up, tortured, and beheaded on camera, those wouldn't be "normal citizens". I'm pretty sure normal citizens just want food, water, and maybe a couple hours of electricity a day.
Actually, normal citizens when they see an army of American soldiers, they report it to ISIS and have ISIS deal with them. If they see a lone soldier especially one they think they can "take care of", I'm sure they wouldn't hesitate.

All the more reason to withdrawal from foreign lands and let them be. Get out of their country, and stop taking people and resources from said lands. Then they can stay in their own homeland and do whatever the hell they want. Sink or swim.

This whole shitstorm can end if we want it to.

Last edited:
I had plenty of good officers, but I also saw how when shit hits the fan, it turns into a good ol' boys club.

Everyone in the brigade new the brigade commander was banging a medic, and it wasn't until 9-11 went down and the brigade commander couldn't be found, that he got in trouble for it.

Or there was a time when in bad weather, for some reason command ordered helicopters with heavy sling loads to fly with the loaded helicopters in the rear of the formation on a training mission, helicopters collide due to the formation and weather, and command skated. They blamed one of the pilots that died for pilot error which was BS.
Damn, that's fucked. I hate that passing the buck shit. Own your mistakes like an adult, everyone makes them. Pretending like you don't just makes you a liar and a coward, not someone who achieves perfection.

It's a very over simplistic, underwhelming and stone hearted message he has. The U.S. was once described as the shining city on the hill by republicans. The term came from John Winthorp as he imagined America would become home to all those who looked to be free.

Now it's walled off to all those who are trying to escape the absolute horror of war because of the fear someone may do is harm. Notice there is little more than a thoughts and prayer tweet when one of our own guns down a dozen first graders or a group of movie goers.

Are we going to get it right 100% of the time? Probably not. Do I think this country does a better job of assimilation than most of Europe? Absolutely. You cannot hold the title of Leader of the Free World and refuse refugees.

It's a very over simplistic, underwhelming and stone hearted message he has. The U.S. was once described as the shining city on the hill by republicans. The term came from John Winthorp as he imagined America would become home to all those who looked to be free.

Now it's walled off to all those who are trying to escape the absolute horror of war because of the fear someone may do is harm. Notice there is little more than a thoughts and prayer tweet when one of our own guns down a dozen first graders or a group of movie goers.

Are we going to get it right 100% of the time? Probably not. Do I think this country does a better job of assimilation than most of Europe? Absolutely. You cannot hold the title of Leader of the Free World and refuse refugees.
No country can take in the world's problems indefinitely. It has to end somewhere.
But yeah, let's keep draining countries of their good people and leave it for the wolves. The high-fives we give each other will make us feel like we actual did some good in the world.

Why should we care anymore if we're the leaders of the free world. Why not just concentrate on getting the best trade deals we can for our people. Why not concentrate on raising the standard of living to above the poverty line for all our citizens, why not concentrate on updating our aging infrastructure? There are plenty of things we could concentrating on within our own borders without policing the world that never really appreciated and increasingly resent it. Let the great Utopia of the EU carry that burden for a couple of generations. We have enough sh*t to fix at home to keep us busy for years.

I took the time to type out the majority of this clip with a few parts highlighted:

"The other morning, we were having a discussion on the executive order, and a lot of the Iraqis obviously showed their, uh, their displeasure, in this executive order. And uh, why they feel they've been betrayed by the United States and and so on.

I'm not here to get in a discussion with you about policies or this or that, or anything like that. I just want to talk to you and make a comment about, uh, the discussion I had, with, with these gentlemen.

So, I listened to what they had to say, and after they were done yelling and screaming about, their opinion on things, I asked a simple question, and I got an answer to that simple question and I got it without hesitation.

My simple question was: as an American if I went out in the town right now, would I be welcome?

And uh, they answered and said, 'you would not be welcome.'

And I said, okay, so what would happen if I went out in town?

And they said, 'The locals would snatch me up and kill me within an hour. Um, I'd be tortured first, and, after they were done torturing me, I'd probably be beheaded. It would, you know, go on video for everybody to see, as, you know, an example.'

And um, so, I already knew this was going to happen, but I wanted to hear it from them, I wanted to hear it from them. And the point of it is; the point I'm trying to make, is, this is the local populace that would do this. This isn't ISIS, this isn't Al Qaeda, this isn't the PNU, this isn't a militia from the Iranians, or anything like that. This is the local, the local populace that would do this.

Um, so, my question to them was pretty simple to them, after that: If you would to this to me, in your country, why would I let you in my country? Because all this means to me, is that if you had the opportunity to take the life of an American, you would do it.

So, maybe this is all something you need to think about back there. If this is the way, some of these cultures feel, this is the way that these countries feel about Americans, why would you be so naïve to believe that if they came to the United States, they would do anything any different than what they would do right here in their own country?

I don't know man, I'm just trying to inform you about what's actually happening on the ground in one of the banned countries
."

Due to the 8 million views of this marine's video, he was sent home for safety reasons within 16 hours of posting it:

"If what I said wasn't one-hundred percent true, why in the world would it be so important to get me removed from this country? Sixteen hours after that video was posted. Seriously guys, think about it."

"Speak your mind, that's what happens boys!"

"[My] facebook went to 26 million views, so currently I've been locked out of facebook . . ."

I thought this was a pretty interesting take on reality the War Room might appreciate. Some of you anyway.

I am not jealous of many men's beards, but that thing is a work of art.

you dont have foreign soldiers invading, patrolling the streets, overthrowing governments, killing innocent men women and children do you? so what the fuck are you on about
This x thousand

I never said the US was out butchering civilians. I am saying that the US invaded Iraq, overthrew the government, stood back and had watched while the sunnis and shiites killed each other and many other innocent Iraqis, tried and basically failed to put in a stable government and now 1/3 of the country is in the control of ISIS. No matter how many schools and roads you build, you can't deny that much of the Iraqi population might be a wee bit angry with America......

Fixed.

I added something in there that usually gets ignored, forgotten, or never learned.

Back