USA! USA! United States Men's National Soccer Team Discussion Thread

There's a reason why pulisic is head and shoulders above every other team USA player. Dude plays in Europe and has since he was in high school. They need to do away with college soccer.

There's a reason why pulisic is head and shoulders above every other team USA player. Dude plays in Europe and has since he was in high school. They need to do away with college soccer.
If I remember correctly, the 1994 squad had a ton of players who learned to play overseas because their dad was on a military base in Germany.

Years ago, I taught a kid from Japan who was an amazing soccer player. I mentioned to his dad that I had no idea that soccer was so big in Japan.

His reply was that he was in the forestry industry and due to his job, moved a lot.

When his kids were old enough to play soccer, he made sure he was assigned to Brazil.

America never was a soccer power, let's face it. American schools today promoting football and baseball and facilities for those sports are a lot more commonly available to the youth than soccer. Another issue is money. There is no money in American soccer.

I see some comments here 'America can be powerful in every sport if they only wanted it'. Well, if that's the case then what's the point discussing this thread in a first place? 'Go and fucking do it then' would be a natural response.

Soccer in USA have no future. Unless attitudes change. Unless schools start promoting soccer. Unless pay will be comparable to other high paid team sports. Without it you will continue to receive beating from Togo and Tobacco islands.

They threw it so they would have a russian world cup lose some ratings.

Basic boycott

Its funny people bitch about the MLS.
The MLS has help some of the smaller CONCACAF nations develop players.
Panama team had 6 MLS players.
Costa Rica had 8.
Honduras 3. ( Most Honduras team plays in Honduras.)
Trinidad and Tobago had 4 MLS and 4 USL.
Mexico 2.

The Dos Santos brothers should be in the list of players the MLS has destroyed/not develop and soon Vela will join that list, to be fair none of them really lived up to their potential to begin with.

I feel long term it makes sense for USA soccer as a whole to have stars playing in the local league, for the players career/NT not so much.

If I remember correctly, the 1994 squad had a ton of players who learned to play overseas because their dad was on a military base in Germany.

Years ago, I taught a kid from Japan who was an amazing soccer player. I mentioned to his dad that I had no idea that soccer was so big in Japan.

His reply was that he was in the forestry industry and due to his job, moved a lot.

When his kids were old enough to play soccer, he made sure he was assigned to Brazil.

Wasnt the 90-94 US team playing 24/7 together with the exception of some players like Tab Ramos and John Harkes?.

Last edited:
Its funny people bitch about the MLS.
The MLS has help some of the smaller CONCACAF nations develop players.

Do you think that Siegfried Schmid should be let go from his job at Los Angeles Galaxy?

In my opinion, it would be better if Galaxy keeps Schmid for the entire 2018 season. After that, we'll see what happens.

I'll make sure to remember this thread if Panamá IFT and Costa Rica IFT do well in the 2018 FIFA International World Cup. Of course, that is on the condition that they use their MLS competitors in 2018.

MLS is brand-new. They started in 1996.

The amount of progress that MLS has made in such a short time is nothing short of astonishing.

However, almost nothing is enough for USA motherfuckers. All you have to do is read a few messages in this thread to know that.

Fat Sam rumored to be interested in the National team job.

Do you think that Siegfried Schmid should be let go from his job at Los Angeles Galaxy?

In my opinion, it would be better if Galaxy keeps Schmid for the entire 2018 season. After that, we'll see what happens.

I'll make sure to remember this thread if Panamá IFT and Costa Rica IFT do well in the 2018 FIFA International World Cup. Of course, that is on the condition that they use their MLS competitors in 2018.

MLS is brand-new. They started in 1996.

The amount of progress that MLS has made in such a short time is nothing short of astonishing.

However, almost nothing is enough for USA motherfuckers. All you have to do is read a few messages in this thread to know that.

Sorry for late reply. I never liked Schmid. I didn't like him the first time around and definitely not this time around. He should be fire at the end of the season. I would like for them too bring a coach from Latin America.
Look at all the good Colombian coaches out ther and Argentinean.
They can bring young hungry talent from Latin america. I love the Galaxy when it had a Latin flair with Mauricio Cienfuegos and El Pescadito Ruiz.
With the Dos Santos brothers they could do something with a Latin coach.

I don't know much about soccer or Pulisic, but I randomly listened to an interview from him and he attributed his success (and the general American lack of success) to playing futsal as a kid. He said he felt it helped ball handling skills in a way American youth soccer does not.

I don't know much about soccer or Pulisic, but I randomly listened to an interview from him and he attributed his success (and the general American lack of success) to playing futsal as a kid. He said he felt it helped ball handling skills in a way American youth soccer does not.

Futsal helps but mostly it's about the training system and environment. Pulisic and Giuseppe Rossi are by far the two best players ever born in the US. Donovan is an absolute can compared to these two.

And it's no coincidence that they both spent a considerable amount of their youth in Europe. Rossi moved to Italy when he was 12, Pulisic to Germany at 16.

Unfortunately, "send your talented kids to Europe" isn't a recipe for success. You'll end up like a lot of African countries with 3-4 elite players and the other 15 average at best. Ivory Coast and Ghana are like this. They're very respectable teams but not even close to elite.

Sorry for late reply.

Don't worry about it.

I never liked Schmid. I didn't like him the first time around and definitely not this time around. He should be fire at the end of the season.

Siegfried Schmid has won titles at literally every single MLS club that he has ever been a part of (including Los Angeles Galaxy).

Like I said, he should be given the entire 2018 season to do something with Galaxy.

Don't worry about it.

Siegfried Schmid has won titles at literally every single MLS club that he has ever been a part of (including Los Angeles Galaxy).

Like I said, he should be given the entire 2018 season to do something with Galaxy.

Only reason he won with the Galaxy was because "El Pescadito" Ruiz. Yes he is a good coach. He just plays a boring style thats not for the Galaxy. He was hated when he was the coach too. I want the Galaxy play attractive soccer. The Galaxy is the marquee team for MLS and it should play like it.

Don't worry about it.

He never won one with Seattle. They got it once he was sacked

Futsal helps but mostly it's about the training system and environment. Pulisic and Giuseppe Rossi are by far the two best players ever born in the US. Donovan is an absolute can compared to these two.

And it's no coincidence that they both spent a considerable amount of their youth in Europe. Rossi moved to Italy when he was 12, Pulisic to Germany at 16.

It's getting bigger, my daughter's soccer team has been fielding futsal teams in the winter "off season" (meaning there is no off season..FML can't wait till she can drive)

She's been playing for close to a decade, before that I never cared about soccer, but I've seen the growth in the sport.

He never won one with Seattle. They got it once he was sacked

This is what I wrote: "Siegfried Schmid has won TITLES at literally every single MLS club that he has ever been a part of (including Los Angeles Galaxy)."

Siegfried Schmid and Seattle Sounders won the 2009 Open Cup.

Siegfried Schmid and Seattle Sounders won the 2010 Open Cup.

Siegfried Schmid and Seattle Sounders won the 2011 Open Cup.

Siegfried Schmid and Seattle Sounders won the 2014 Open Cup.

Siegfried Schmid and Seattle Sounders won the 2014 season title in MLS (the exact same title that Manchester City won in 2014 [the season title in the Premier League]).

Those are definitely A LOT OF TITLES. Furthermore, all of those titles come from competitions that are AS OLD OR OLDER THAN the MLS Cup.

In the year 2016, Seattle Sounders sacked Siegfried Schmid.

Brian Schmetzer and Seattle Sounders won the 2016 MLS Cup.

The rebuild is real. Winning the last Gold Cup didn't mean shit since we failed to qualify for the World Cup 3 months after. So you can't put any stock into how we perform win/lose with this grabass tournament.

Having said that, the GOAT country USA is finna take a dump on all of these bottom-tier countries in the knockout stage. The red, white and blue will reign supreme in this fairy foot kick sport like they do irl.

Having said that, the GOAT country USA is finna take a dump on all of these bottom-tier countries in the knockout stage. The red, white and blue will reign supreme in this fairy foot kick sport like they do irl.

Well, they are facing Curacao next, a country with a population of 160k.

Anything other than a 5-0 ass whooping is a failure, imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back