Economy Use Cash sherbros

Is that a today price? Or picture you pulled off google? That's lower than I think some places buy gold ounces at. So could just be buy and churn, or buy at lower than market cost if you do think Gold is a worthwhile physical investment.

We got some 1oz cold coins when wife's grandpa passed (he fell down CT and sold off a bunch of stuff to buy gold shortly before he passed.), I'd been looking at goldprice.org occasionally to see what it's value is

I don't think Gold is some necessity in a world financial collapse (it's just a shiny rock), but I figured we may as well hold onto those gold coins instead of cashing in because why not. Worst case, it's a couple months income if I lose my job in a small package.
Image was pulled from google. However, because I am an exclusive member of the Costco Warehouse, I pulled it up and the price it showed today is $2370. Seems to be sold out everywhere though.

Image was pulled from google. However, because I am an exclusive member of the Costco Warehouse, I pulled it up and the price it showed today is $2370. Seems to be sold out everywhere though.
Cool thanks. That's more in line with what I was expecting. (2300 true value, so an extra 70 to buy in coin form, and probably 2200ish if someone wanted to sell)

Had a confused moment seeing that price on if I understood the gold coins chilling in my gun safe correctly lol

Shouldn’t I be hoarding cash and using a credit card until the grid failure?

or who dont comply with silly laws.

Non law abiding individuals have been sticking with the cash economy for a long time.

But if you're any good at that, eventually you're going to need to launder that cash back into some banks.

HSBC in Mexico and a variety of banks in the Virgin Islands can hook you up.

Some people ITT are unaware of Executive Order 6102.

<seedat>

So even if it’s true that “they” will block people from money access for opinions

How does going cash help? You still need a debit card, which they know is yours, to get cash out of an ATM from your checking account (which they know is yours) so they can still block you out. It’s not like your employer is going to pay you in cash upon request. It’ll still be a directe deposit to a checking account.

Canada did this during the trucker protests without digital currency.

Y’all don’t realize our money system is already digital so I don’t get this fear of becoming digital

Our money system isn't digital. It's just tracked digitally in computers but you can still take cash out and do what you want with it without the majority of your purchases being tracked.

If the government implemented a digital currency, there's no cash anymore. So if you decide to sell me a coffee table off facebook, you now have to pay the government roughly a 20-24% tax on that sale. Any and every purchase, gift, trade or anything you do is now viewable to the IRS. That's a scary thought to allow them to have their hands in every transaction a person is involved in.

Most people can't see this because like you, they already think our money is digital. Even if people did pull their heads out of the sand, it would all be for nothing because all the government would have to do is say that they're giving people an extra $300 in digital currency for anyone who wants to switch from the dollar to digital and half the country would switch over immediately.

Even if another Carrington Event happens having cash isn't going to matter. Our economic system is so digital and or currency is only backed by the word of the government. A catastrophic event could create a hardship, but having all of your assets in cash isn't going to help. Keeping some cash on hand for an emergency situation isn't a bad idea, but everything in cash is just nutter conspiracy crap.
if our digital system goes belly up, cash will buy you some time, nothing happens overnight, I always have several thousand in cash, fani bucks......

other than that, you play the game the best you can, I like using cash a lot, the only way to keep transactions private.

So even if it’s true that “they” will block people from money access for opinions

How does going cash help? You still need a debit card, which they know is yours, to get cash out of an ATM from your checking account (which they know is yours) so they can still block you out. It’s not like your employer is going to pay you in cash upon request. It’ll still be a directe deposit to a checking account.

Canada did this during the trucker protests without digital currency.

Y’all don’t realize our money system is already digital so I don’t get this fear of becoming digital
there's been a resurgence of cash

some city ordinances will force retailers to accept cash as payment, because poor people............ deal in cash

there's been a resurgence of cash

some city ordinances will force retailers to accept cash as payment, because poor people............ deal in cash
There's also the increase of street level crime, if places don't have any cash in registers people will only shoplift. Not the more dangerous rob the til crimes where the person is more likely to be armed to get the cashier to do what they want

I think most folks who use dispensaries use the overwhelming majority of their cash there. I would barely need to visit the ATM if it wasn't for that.
probably tax evasion.............. I cant recall what business form I was going through recently, but there were a ton of questions regarding dispensaries, probably taxes on top of taxes......

There's also the increase of street level crime, if places don't have any cash in registers people will only shoplift. Not the more dangerous rob the til crimes where the person is more likely to be armed to get the cashier to do what they want
interestingly enough, SF has ordinances on cash....

a lot of street vendors take payment that's good as cash, like zelle and apple cash......

digital only has transaction fees, which do add up..... hence I like dealing with cash, paying with cash, I'm effectively paying retailers more on the practical level. Some places like it (small places), some are indifferent (big places).

in case anyone missed the point, point is not about keeping cash, its about using cash as much as possible to pressure governments n corps not to try n ban/outlaw it

That's the decision of the vendors. YOU can try to use cash as much as possible but vendors don't have to accept it

Cash only, card only, both are a pain in the ass.

Just accept payments like a normal business and everyone's happy.

fcca2e31a3ebace608d4ff391098ff4d.gif

No one in this dystopian future is using cash.

If the government wants to fuck you, turning off your access to the digital economy is the least effective way to do it. It's a lot easier to send you to jail and destroy your public credibility.

Back