Media Usman doesn’t know who Masvidal is

Really no journeyman ever reaches an elite level (let's say world title contender status), that's the part of why they're called journeymen.

Thats your rule.
I don't agree with it.
Mas was never elite and he isn't elite now. He's fringe top 5 at most.

Usman doesn’t know who Jorge is and doesn’t know what epo is. Hmm

Really no journeyman ever reaches an elite level (let's say world title contender status), that's the part of why they're called journeymen.
He KO'd dehydrated Till and lucky knee against wrestler who probably didn't even know knees were legal. Then doctor stoppage against Diaz. Feed Masvidal to any real top 10 ww or Mcgregor and he gets fucked up badly.

One interview dude is all like "Jorge is great, Jorge worked hard to get here, I respect Jorge".

Next interview dude is all like "Who?" or "BMF is a publicity stunt".

Would love to see the PPV buys of 244 vs. 245. I have a feeling Jorge and Diaz did way better than Usman and Colby, even with Usman and Colby having 2 other title fights on the card to help it. 244 already crushed 245 with a $6.5 million gate compared to 245's $4 million gate.

Usman saying "Who?" when in reality Jorge is Usman's red panty night.
MSG gate will be higher. Prices are higher in NYC. Can't really say it's because of the fighters.

And how do you feel about Colby, do you find him phony & dorky, serious question I'm just curious...?

Absolutely I do.

There may even be a post of me calling that fight the "Dorkiest Fight in UFC history".

But if you're looking for some type of example of me being hypocritical... At least Colby is hamming it up, and somewhat in on the joke. But I do not enjoy his bits, even as fan of pro wrestling. Usman pretending he doesn't know who Jorge is, does nobody, including himself any favors. It's just grating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats your rule.
I don't agree with it.
Mas was never elite and he isn't elite now. He's fringe top 5 at most.
I don't watch fighters through wins and losses or strictly through wins or losses. I rather watch skills and development. There's been more elite fighters who never won a belt than world champions who we can call elite.

For that instance, I'd say Joe Benavidez is better martial artist with more cohesive game than Jon Jones, but he'll never get respect as close to him.

He KO'd dehydrated Till and lucky knee against wrestler who probably didn't even know knees were legal. Then doctor stoppage against Diaz. Feed Masvidal to any real top 10 ww or Mcgregor and he gets fucked up badly.
That's a very strict and limited way of looking at things. We can say a journeyman doesn't win 20 times in the best leagues in MMA and doesn't give other top fighters a beating or a significant resistance.

Sherdog's next great hope Jorge Masvidal. He's gonna lose like the rest of them and they'll move on to someone else.

Absolutely I do.

There may even be a post of me calling that fight the "Dorkiest Fight in UFC history".

But if you're looking for some type of example of me being hypocritical... At least Colby is hamming it up, and somewhat in on the joke. But I do not enjoy his bits, even as fan of pro wrestling. Usman pretending he doesn't know who Jorge is, does nobody, including himself any favors. It's just grating.

If you want racism, black guys don't do dorky well. Mostly good looking, jacked ones. White guys got that covered.

<mma4> Some fair points made...

lmao, holy christ...are people really this dense?

Usman is a bad style match up but Usman has served his purpose and shut Colby up so I’d love to see Masvidal piece him up.

Remember when, despite the fact that they'd sparred before, Cowboy said he didn't know who masvidal was? Then masvidal knocked him out twice and said "remember me now?"

Yeah, that schtick didn't work too well.....

Conor's 'who da fook..." with Stephens was on point in that Stephens was not a name and is 'unknown enough' to make the comment funny and clever.

It is a bit of a fail to use it with someone like Masvidal though...if anything, it more makes Usman look silly for the attempt.

He could have at least said, I’m not impressed with that journeyman, but to pretend he didn’t know who he was? Come on now. If he gets popped for epo I will laugh, it’s very hard to get caught with it, it’s out of your system quick.

unless I'm mistaken, he offered to fight Jorge when Nate's status was in doubt

If he tries to show off his trash “boxing” he would get put down in a couple minutes, sadly we only got to see it against an equally terrible striker

And how do you feel about Colby, do you find him phony & dorky, serious question I'm just curious...?

He’s faker than a 3 dollar bill and I have my doubts he’ll return next year....

I hate when fighters act like they don't know who other fighters are, it just makes them look like idiots. Imagine you say "who?" throughout the entire build up and you end up getting baptized by Masvidal?
Cowboy did the same thing and got koed twice in front of his homecrowd lmao.

usman wants to be that guy who people want to see ! so in order to hype him vs masvidal is to act like he don't know who masvidal is. Its the only way he know to promote himself now that Colby cant talk shit no more.

Back