Usman: Perennial Cheater

If fence grabbing was legal, you'd see so much wall and stall it's not even funny. It would be an unstoppable strategy, just put your guy against the fence, grab the cage, and throw enough knees to keep the ref from breaking you up.
That’s an interesting take, I hadn’t considered what it might look like for a fighter to employ fence grabbing as their primary strategy.

I don’t see it as unbeatable or even close. The ref can break two fighters in any position, there’s no certain number of strikes thrown that one fighter meets and then becomes immune to a break. I would think if the ref saw a fighter using the cage to pin their opponent and then throw garbage strikes they’d break them.

Additionally I think anyone trying to employ that strategy would break the shit out of their fingers over the course of a 15 minute fight so even if you did see people gravitating towards it would quickly abandon it once they realized the risk they were taking on by using it.

Really I think the opposite is more likely, you’d see strikers grabbing the fence to stay upright and keep striking so it could make fights more exciting, not less.

WTF are you talking about? It's nothing like that at all. When someone is about to get powerbombed, or even just taken down normally, it can totally change the fight.

l41YqlL7sWnATNJSg

So can wall walking. So can posting on the fence. Both of those are legal, and both use the fence to alter or secure your position. Only difference is that grabbing the fence means you have to stick your fingers through the mesh and leaves them vulnerable to a gruesome injury. That’s it.

So can wall walking. So can posting on the fence. Both of those are legal, and both use the fence to alter or secure your position. Only difference is that grabbing the fence means you have to stick your fingers through the mesh and leaves them vulnerable to a gruesome injury. That’s it.
You're really doubling down on that stupidity with worse stupidity? Really?

I don’t really care about fence grabbing, it’s about the same as wall walking when you think about it. Only reason it’s banned is because it’s a safety hazard for the fighter doing it.
It's also effective in preventing takedowns.

Today I learned that Fence grabbing is ok lmaooo

Cage grabs, eye pokes, faking eye pokes, & faking nut shots.

Definitely wouldn't cheat with banned substances though

It’s about the lowest possible form since the risk it imposes is on the perpetrator.

Eye gouging, small joint manipulation, biting, etc. are all banned to protect people from absorbing the offenses because that’s where the risk lies. Cage grabbing is just banned because a person might break their fingers in the mesh.
Make the mesh smaller.

Op needs to fill his daily hate quota, litigating long past fights to take shots at a former champion, with the thinnest of controversial evidence. Pathetic.
Nobody gives AF about Usman fence grabbing. This is all about pushing negative emotions toward a particular fighter, it’s not like you’re bitching about all fence grabbing. That’s the tip off.

Personally, I like fence grabbing and my vote is to have it legalized.

MMA was made to simulate a real fight in a while having some semblance of safety for the fighters. Losing because a guy grabbed onto a wall is a pretty sad excuse for losing a real fight. if a guy’s hands are occupied by grabbing on a fence it means he can’t stop you from punching him in the face. See khabib’s style, do you think grabbing a fence would even slow him down?

Op needs to fill his daily hate quota, litigating long past fights to take shots at a former champion, with the thinnest of controversial evidence. Pathetic.
Nobody gives AF about Usman fence grabbing. This is all about pushing negative emotions toward a particular fighter, it’s not like you’re bitching about all fence grabbing. That’s the tip off.

He does a lot more than grabbing the fence as mentioned by many posters in the thread. The point of this thread was to expose him as a career long cheater. If you have evidence of another fighter cheating since the beginning then feel free to point them out.

I don’t really care about fence grabbing, it’s about the same as wall walking when you think about it. Only reason it’s banned is because it’s a safety hazard for the fighter doing it.
No, that’s not why …. You ever seen someone hit a double leg and get ready to lift and take down and the other fighter grabs the cage? That’s why bc it’s illegal and disrupts the natural aspect of the fight

Fence grabbing saved the career of Jose Aldo. Keep thinking it's no big deal.

No, that’s not why …. You ever seen someone hit a double leg and get ready to lift and take down and the other fighter grabs the cage? That’s why bc it’s illegal and disrupts the natural aspect of the fight
This sounds good until you consider how many other things fighters do that utilize their environment. Fighters use the cage to post for sweeps or to stand back up, they use the presence of the cage to cut off their opponents movement or to block submission attempts or even escapes. The presence of the cage IS a natural aspect of the fight.

I was just flipping through IG and saw a clip from TUF where another housemate was accusing Usman about grabbing the cage during fights. They then showed multiple clips of him doing just that while Usman denied the claims. I don’t watch TUF so I didn’t know that, but now his antics against Edwards stand out more. He’s been cheating since the beginning of his career ffs!

Starts around 1:25:

So why not Plexiglass or some other material that you CAN'T GRAB for cage walls? I'm sure this has been thought of before and there is probably a reason we don't have this already. I don't know why not though...

Back