Usman slams Khamzat's head from RNC

Is this considered spiking?

I believe the soles of the feet have to be angled upwards for it to be considered spiking.
Per the unified rules you can dump people on their head when they have you in a submission. At that point it’s up to them to either let go and land safely or go for the ride and try to hang on to the sub.

It's spiking if you have control of your opponent's body and then drive their head into the mat. Usman was not in control since Khamzat was on his back.
What about Andrade slamming Rose? Is that spiking? From my hazy memory I remember being like "that's illegal" after it happened.

What about Andrade slamming Rose? Is that spiking? From my hazy memory I remember being like "that's illegal" after it happened.
The way I understand it, if your opponent can disengage and avoid being slammed/spiked, it doesn't count. You have to have control of them. Rose chose to stay in that position aka she fucked around and found out.

whats next for marty? you think dana is gonna accept his request for 5 rounders with khamzat? in WW, another match with leon is silly and i don't see him at this age beating shavkat for the opportunity anyways.

Kham was lucky Marty from the block didn’t show up

If Kham had 3 arms and some cardio, he wood be a Monster !

That second video....

Is the guy okay?

I forgot this happened. Should we see more of this?

Similar to:

Awesome!

That's pure brain injury right there, that'll take it's toll.

(EDIT: Calling it awesome is weird, but... it's an awesome move)

There is another angle of this gif that shows it better.

In the instant, choker must extend the free forearm and elbow or else land on head. Obviously, this unsinks the choke. The impact also breaks the grip. Chokee plans to shrimp out the back, or spin hard and sweep out the side.

Usman's attempt not only broke the choke, it broke the figure 4.
It looks like Usman went for a spin-sweep. I wonder what would have happened if instead of spinning, he tried to pull out the back?

I've been at 2 gyms that trained this. Not often. Sometimes it was during some dude's camp.
There was a lot of guys who yelled stop. If you don't do it right, your head bangs off the mat with opponent's weight on top.

IMO, the trick is try to flip. If you throw hard enough and get your head around-under far enough, you can get out, and the other guy may already be out.
If you don't, it hurts, and you may knock yourself out.

I can't remember the fight, but I've seen someone do this in a UFC fight. His feet were way off the ground when his opponent hit the mat. He was really going for it, and it worked.

I never tried it. Too old by the time I had the opportunity.

Per the unified rules you can dump people on their head when they have you in a submission. At that point it’s up to them to either let go and land safely or go for the ride and try to hang on to the sub.

This.

IMO, the thump in the vid is Khamzat's forearm/elbow.

I would guess his head also hit, but the arm took most of it.

If so, you can't argue, he saw it coming and defended well.
Likely, if he didn't, Usman would have knocked him out, ala Rose not letting go of that Andrade kimura.

The way I understand it, if your opponent can disengage and avoid being slammed/spiked, it doesn't count. You have to have control of them. Rose chose to stay in that position aka she fucked around and found out.
Ahh good call. I think she was hanging on to a kimura or something.

Back