Usman will just stall the fighting. Foot stomps, wall and stall. Lay and pray

Good for him then. When there is this much tape of you out there, you get the win however you have to

Edwards proved in both fights when he's not gassed he can wrestle and clinch with Usman and actually does quite a bit of damage early against Usman
If Usman stalls his way to a win it's because he gassed Edwards out again for the 3rd time and used it to his advantage.

I do believe the last fight is going to give Edwards a huge experience boost since it was his first time facing a championship caliber WW fighter in a 5 round fight. So I do think Edwards will be able to make this fight closer.... So if Usman can stall and bully Edwards this time around I think it will be pretty impressive.

Biggest issue with Leon is he relies on his length, quality of strikes, controlling range and dictating a slow pace. Leon averages like 2.3 strikes landed per minute, some of the lowest in the UFC out of top 10 fighters, Usman averages twice that. It's really hard for Leon to win rounds vs a guy like Usman who has the same length and won't allow Leon to control range or dictate pace. Also while he can wrestle with Usman, he's typically the one getting taken down and pressed into the fence all night for his efforts. Either Leon has adjusted his game and will try to push back against Usmans pace or he's going to have to rely on a finish again. And even if Leon can fight at a higher clip he will really risk gassing out.

That said, Usman is almost 36, coming off his first career knockout loss and has bad knees, who knows how his chin will be now, how he will be psychologically too.

Biggest issue with Leon is he relies on his length, quality of strikes, controlling range and dictating a slow pace. Leon averages like 2.3 strikes landed per minute, some of the lowest in the UFC out of top 10 fighters, Usman averages twice that. It's really hard for Leon to win rounds vs a guy like Usman who has the same length and won't allow Leon to control range or dictate pace. Also while he can wrestle with Usman, he's typically the one getting taken down and pressed into the fence all night for his efforts. Either Leon has adjusted his game and will try to push back against Usmans pace or he's going to have to rely on a finish again. And even if Leon can fight at a higher clip he will really risk gassing out.

That said, Usman is almost 36, coming off his first career knockout loss and has bad knees, who knows how his chin will be now, how he will be psychologically too.

I'd guess a similar kind of finish is what Leon probably needs to win but maybe an arguement it might now be a bit less of an upset were it to happen than last time with Usman, older, potentially slower less confident and no chinny.

If I had to guess though Usman mostly via wrestling control.

The king of Coasting for sure, hope he's waking up staring at the ceiling from the canvas again

Well then it's Edward's job to stop it, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

He just needs to not strike in the open. When he had Leon on the cage he was out striking him

The only thing funnier than fans preemptively fussing about Usman stalling is other fans preemptively defending it.

He is a fighter that does whatever he can to avoid fighting.

I really hope Usman loses so we can move on from him already. I feel he P4P is the most boring fighter in the UFC unless he is getting KO'd. thats just my opinion take it with a grain of salt. But foot stops and cage pushing for 5 rounds is the worst.

Back