Usman's respect for Covington

The power is the issue, his striking is actually better than Usmans but the difference is the power.

That was the case in the first fight but given the time Usman has spent with Wittman I'm not sure it'll be the case in the rematch.

Hespect means recognizing the opponent's skillset. No hespect means you go in there not caring what the other guy does well.

The power is the issue, his striking is actually better than Usmans but the difference is the power.

His striking is more diverse; but he leans way forward and throws arm punches.
He has good kicks, but they're nothing to write home about.
His technique is terrible to be at that level. It's only effective due to his speed.

I think Usman shouldn't give any respect to Colby if he wants to bring the best out of himself on Saturday night. In media week and one of the embedded episodes, Usman has constantly said he has respect for Colby as a competitor but Colby said he has no respect for Usman at all.

I still think Usman is gonna win but if he wants to bring the best out of himself, I think he should show 0 respect for Covington.
Colby has been racially vocal in his last fight against Usman still showed him respect as a competitor. Competition or not, I think Usman should show no respect to Colby unless Colby is first willing to shake hands with Usman after the fight.

But what if Usman knows his psychology better than you do? Is it at least possible that this champion knows what mind state to put himself in to bring out the best in himself better than you do?

Not saying your opinion on how Usman's mind works isn't valid. Just saying he may know better, having won world titles and competed as himself his whole life.

I think Usman shouldn't give any respect to Colby if he wants to bring the best out of himself on Saturday night. In media week and one of the embedded episodes, Usman has constantly said he has respect for Colby as a competitor but Colby said he has no respect for Usman at all.

I still think Usman is gonna win but if he wants to bring the best out of himself, I think he should show 0 respect for Covington.
Colby has been racially vocal in his last fight against Usman still showed him respect as a competitor. Competition or not, I think Usman should show no respect to Colby unless Colby is first willing to shake hands with Usman after the fight.

Racially vocal? What are you talking about

As per the post above what do you mean racially vocal?

Colby respects Usman, regardless of what he says.

It'd be impossible not to respect him.

He's all time great.

I wonder if Colby will vary it up a little more this time round. Wasn't the smartest fight from him last time out.

Coby's shtick is just an act so he can keep getting match ups even if he loses this one. Unless he has somehow added some power or improved his own respectable workrate, I don't see him beating Kamaru
Yes, it's an act but an oversaturated one. Kudos to Chaos for figuring out a way though, to stay in the UFC and generate the type of hype he has.

Usman should call Colby a sperg just once. The stuttering and short-circuiting would be hysterical

He was quiet before the fight. Usman will win. Mark my words. Easy money people. Bet your whole house on usman.

Coby's shtick is just an act so he can keep getting match ups even if he loses this one. Unless he has somehow added some power or improved his own respectable workrate, I don't see him beating Kamaru
Usman was given two underserved fake infraction breaks after being rocked and gassing why do people keep forgetting this?? First four rounds were tight

Usman knows he wins this one any way he likes, so he builds up his image being humble.

Back